forum

Use a video's audio for a beatmap. [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji
The title speaks for itself. I think this could cut down on filesize, provided that people use proper formats.
0_o
This would mean No Video wouldn't be an option.
Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji
I'm probably not one to talk, but I'm pretty sure that it's possible to play just the audio from a video.
anonymous_old
I'd be fine if the editor could split the audio and the video when a video is given (and it'd remux the video without the audio in the container).
Jarby
I fail to see the difficulty of doing this yourself.
qlum
It's not that hard to split the audio from the video.

also 200th post
Gabi

JarJarJacob wrote:

I fail to see the difficulty of doing this yourself.
even i can do it.

then again, convenient.
An64fan
This would mean that maps with this setup would always require you to download the video, as the audio isn't separate. In other words, a complete backfire of your "reduce file size" thought of this.

Also, does anyone know if video codecs could cause trouble for this, considering that you're getting the audio from the video instead of from a .mp3 or .ogg?

I honestly think that something like this might cause more trouble than it's worth. Just think of all the newbmaps relying on low-quality video that would turn out as a result (hey, it'd be even easier than stripping the audio to begin with).
anonymous_old

An64fan wrote:

This would mean that maps with this setup would always require you to download the video, as the audio isn't separate. In other words, a complete backfire of your "reduce file size" thought of this.

Also, does anyone know if video codecs could cause trouble for this, considering that you're getting the audio from the video instead of from a .mp3 or .ogg?

I honestly think that something like this might cause more trouble than it's worth. Just think of all the newbmaps relying on low-quality video that would turn out as a result (hey, it'd be even easier than stripping the audio to begin with).
My request was more toward performing the split when the video is put into osu!, as opposed to when the map is played.
peppy
Come on - someone post a guide for this. It takes 5 minutes to do it yourself.
Jarby

peppy wrote:

Come on - someone post a guide for this. It takes 5 minutes to do it yourself.
It actually takes a lot less time than that.
peppy
That includes the time to download software and learn how to do it.