forum

Techniques for Deathstreams

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tuxxy_old
How do you tend to manage and complete/FC deathstreams in taiko? e.g. Tatsh - reunion
XK2238
either
- take a break, go into edit mode, find the streams, break into pieces per beat or sth, write them
- while doing, break into pieces per beat or sth
- plainly play it

`-`
Dolphin
!faq suck
Topic Starter
Tuxxy_old

Dolphin wrote:

!faq suck
best help 2014
lolcubes
Depends on how you want to play streams. I actually swapped to full alternate playing style only because with my old style i could never do streams properly, despite it being more stable.
And then I just worked my way up, even simple 1/2 notes can be considered streams once you start reaching higher BPM.

I currently can't really do long streams on BPMs higher than 160, I get tired too fast and I can't read reliably (HR helps a lot, but at this level it's getting a bit too fast to sightread normally for me). But with time that will change too, I hope.
Asagi Mutsuki

XK2238 wrote:

- plainly play it

`-`
This is how I read streams, just react to the colors fast enough lel
Dolphin
btw

p/3272157

Dolphin wrote:

If you mean long stream patterns, what you have to do is to train your brain to be able to see a huge pattern as several smaller patterns.
The only way you can practice this is really by just playing streams.

for example; ddkddkkddkkddddkkkkd turns into ddkdd kkddkk dddd kkkkd.
in other words:

XK2238 wrote:

- plainly play it

`-`
Coro
http://taikotime.blogspot.sg/2012/01/fe ... 1.html?m=1

This article was written specifically for Taiko no Tatsujin, but the breaking down of streams is a technique that can be applied to any song~
Hope this helps~