forum

[invalid] Specific settings only for spectating

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
2kol4u
When I'm playing I like to play with 100% dim and storyboards off as do most people. However its nice to see the background / story board while spectating others. It's also a hassle to change it all the time while spectating, also if you play the map later you'll have to change the settings back. The feature I'm getting at would be an option to change background dim, background video and storyboard settings specifically for spectating others and wouldn't effect your other settings when you go to play.
peppy
if anything, spectator will be changed so you see the same settings the end-user is using. i have no intention of separate settings specifically for spectating.
Topic Starter
2kol4u

peppy wrote:

if anything, spectator will be changed so you see the same settings the end-user is using. i have no intention of separate settings specifically for spectating.

The change you might add doesn't seem like it's worth the effort it won't change too much, majority of the players use full dim/no video (I think). I do believe you may have shot the idea down too quick it has some potential for community backing although separate settings might be too much to ask for maybe someone else can come up with another alternative. Something like global settings for background dim/video/storyboard that override previous map specific settings that way when you feel like spectating you can easily change settings to your preference and back again when you want to play. Anyway thanks for the quick reply!
peppy
Change your own dim if you want to see cool stuff.