forum

Guitar Herosu! [rejected] [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
xerxes_oli
so i was thinking about guitar hero and osu and it click guitar herosu!(thats pronounce guitar heroes) and this could be possible by adding like five bars like the ones in the taiko mod and setting each one of them a keyboard letter like z,x,c,v,b and for the whammy bar(dont kno what its called the bar thing in the bottom of the guitar?) you could click the mouse
anyways just a thought...
peppy
Moved to feature requests. Also I don't really see this working due to the 5 bars part. What goes where? Why not just play guitar heroes?
awp

peppy wrote:

Why not just play guitar heroes?
because you code way the fuck better?
RemmyX25

awp wrote:

peppy wrote:

Why not just play guitar heroes?
Dude, I couldn't have put it better.

Just putting my two cents worth of agreement.
Topic Starter
xerxes_oli
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Topic Starter
xerxes_oli

peppy wrote:

Moved to feature requests. Also I don't really see this working due to the 5 bars part. What goes where? Why not just play guitar heroes?
let me ask you this why not just play ouendan or eba?
Topic Starter
xerxes_oli

awp wrote:

yas he does!!
Agent BA8 Rookbie
I don't mean to sound like an ego-maniacal twat (Although that description isn't too far off of what I am most of the time,) but I've been suggesting this on IRC for about a month or two. Either way, it sounds like the greatest thing since sliced bread, and I have loads of ideas for it if you intend to make it, or for whoever makes it.

Topic Starter
xerxes_oli

Agent BA8 Rookbie wrote:

I don't mean to sound like an ego-maniacal twat (Although that description isn't too far off of what I am most of the time,) but I've been suggesting this on IRC for about a month or two. Either way, it sounds like the greatest thing since sliced bread, and I have loads of ideas for it if you intend to make it, or for whoever makes it.
really!?!?!? i seriously didnt know i guess great minds think alike lol...
Saturos
This would require maps made spefically for this mode, it wouldn't be ranked because it isn't osu!, and would be better off having it's own engine made for it, honestly.

Waste of time, imo.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Why?
Taiko didn't make any difference, no skins or mods make any difference to how you make maps.
Saturos
Taiko mode just throws every beat into a line. A mod like this would split that line into 5. How would you determine what goes where?
Topic Starter
xerxes_oli
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
Yeah, Saturos nailed the problem: how would you shoehorn existing beatmaps into this format? I can't think of any way that would be genuinely intuitive.

I think there are already online Guitar Hero simulators? Also, if you're using a keyboard, it's not really that different from Stepmania et al.
Topic Starter
xerxes_oli

LuigiHann wrote:

Yeah, Saturos nailed the problem: how would you shoehorn existing beatmaps into this format? I can't think of any way that would be genuinely intuitive.

I think there are already online Guitar Hero simulators? Also, if you're using a keyboard, it's not really that different from Stepmania et al.
oh well...thanks
Gemi
awp
Man Frets on Fire's website layout is such a pain in the ass. Also, it might be due to the fact that I don't have an account, but I still can't tell if there's any sort of filtration process that allows you to differentiate which maps rock and which maps suck fucking balls and make no damned sense. That's what turned me off of it originally =\
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Frets on Fire sucks arse and makes no sense. Why make a mac version if no one on the team HAS A MAC!? The mac version just fucks up on my mac.
awp
One person does, they said it was temperamental and if that fails why not just use the Linux port?
Topic Starter
xerxes_oli
ok as soon as i ran frets on fire my comp. froze is that normal???
Gemi
Don't blame me about anything Frets related, I've never actually tested it myself. But no, it probably isn't a good thing that your comp freezes with the game.
YoshiKart
The only good thing about this idea is the name, "Guitar HerOSU!". Honestly, it's creative, but pretty much a 5x Taiko in a sense, not including star power and whatnot.
Topic Starter
xerxes_oli

YoshiKart wrote:

The only good thing about this idea is the name, "Guitar HerOSU!". Honestly, it's creative, but pretty much a 5x Taiko in a sense, not including star power and whatnot.
thx!!
jonathan_old
How about a beatmap creator option that restricts play o 5 spots and play with 1-5 # keys and Enter?
Saturos

jonathan wrote:

How about a beatmap creator option that restricts play o 5 spots and play with 1-5 # keys and Enter?
You'd have to make maps specifcally for that mod then, which is pretty pointless when there's already a GH sim out there.

Read through the thread, please.
LuigiHann
Peppy could do this, and he would kick ass at it, but it would be a completely different game. Let him focus on Osu (and Taiko Osu) for now. If Taiko mode opens the door for Peppy to make an all-encompassing rhythm game simulator, then so be it, but let's be patient. :P
Topic Starter
xerxes_oli
luigi dont get my hopes up but i kno peppy would be freking awsome at it and if he did decide to work with it it would made me happier then a monkey in a forest of bananers but we do have to let peppy deal with osu and taiko osu it is alot of work for him saturos the other sim. sucks and peppy can make one 10 times better plus if it needs a whole new program than mybe it can be like a sister to osu type of thing y'kno
awp
xerxes you need to breathe when typing, man. That was like one sentence.
m980
Well.. Since there is Normal, Whistle and Finish. Couldn't you just have 3 frets? Maybe have the other frets like spinners and Sliders??
awp

m980 wrote:

Well.. Since there is Normal, Whistle and Finish. Couldn't you just have 3 frets? Maybe have the other frets like spinners and Sliders??
Spinners wouldn't work, sliders would be held notes, 4 frets would work: hit, whistle, finish, hitfinish
Echo
... except that one fret would be overloaded with notes in most songs, since whistles are uncommon and finishes are rare
MaxwellDemon
I think doing a Guitar Hero simulation would totally redesign Osu!'s game design. >_>;
peppy
We've already come to this realisation multiple times in this thread, but let's end it here. As cool as the name is, and as cool as the "concept" is of having every type of rhythm game in osu!, it is not going to work. Therefore I feel the necessity to close this thread for the time being.
awp
Fair enough, but I just realised that I could use my GH guitar to play Taiko mod