forum

A request to benefit unranked maps [answered] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Ever since I started making my own beatmaps like many others here, I noticed that the only way possible to get feedback (if it isn't ranked) was if someone posted in the forums and commented. I want that to change. :)

After thinking about it, I came up with 2 possibilities:

1. Give all beatmaps the ability to be rated out of 10 after someone plays it, not just ranked ones. What we can also do here is give users the ability to add an optional comment that can either show up in the beatmap's thread or on the beatmap's page. This can also give mods an idea of which beatmaps need fixing and which ones are potentially rankable.

2. Similar to the way TASvideos does it (if anyone's visited there), a poll can be attached to the beatmap's thread that can ask 'Did you enjoy playing this beatmap?' or 'Should this beatmap be ranked?' or something to that effects and give the choices 'yes', 'no', or 'meh', or something related. Then again though, this route would also depend on comments in addition to the poll since it isn't specific feedback.

Reading them both now, I like my 1st option, but I'm sure there are other ways to go about it. These are just the best 2 I've thought of.

I just want users to be able to get better feedback for their unranked beatmaps, that's all. Let me know what you think. ;)
RemmyX25
1. Give all beatmaps the ability to be rated out of 10 after someone plays it, not just ranked ones. What we can also do here is give users the ability to add an optional comment that can either show up in the beatmap's thread or on the beatmap's page. This can also give mods an idea of which beatmaps need fixing and which ones are potentially rankable.
Hm... this might actually come in handy, but can Bancho hold onto it?

2. Similar to the way TASvideos does it (if anyone's visited there), a poll can be attached to the beatmap's thread that can ask 'Did you enjoy playing this beatmap?' or 'Should this beatmap be ranked?' or something to that effects and give the choices 'yes', 'no', or 'meh', or something related. Then again though, this route would also depend on comments in addition to the poll since it isn't specific feedback.
This really doesnt work, because any map can be ranked. Its the time and effort thats required of it. One day, I could say NO to a map being ranked, and the next, the mapper fixes his map to change my mind.

So yea, the first idea works out better.
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
This really doesnt work, because any map can be ranked. Its the time and effort thats required of it. One day, I could say NO to a map being ranked, and the next, the mapper fixes his map to change my mind.
Yeah, that's true. The only way to get around that would probably be to reset the poll whenever a beatmap was updated (don't think that's possible), or to delete the old topic and make a new one w/ a new poll, but that would also delete the old comments unless they were transferred over.

...I prefer the 1st idea. <_<
peppy
Voting used to be available for unranked maps. It was removed because of the second reason Remmy mentioned. Maybe we can reset the rating when it gets ranked or soemthing.. but I dunno
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.