forum

follow point

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
UnknownPlayer
I never use follow point before but I still can do some ar10 songs and barely pass airman. My friend said that he cant play ar10 without follow point and he somehow better than me in reading ar10 ( we both play at the same level). So my question is : Do I really need follow point to play ar10/hr songs, does it really help in reading fast ar? Can I play without it later? Thanks.
meteor22
it hardly matters
and for some people it is the other way around, they can't play WITH follow points.
Noobsicle
Arcanine
I can't beat airman =.=
*check my history*
[ infL ]
I find it helps, but its up to you to decide lol. Try play with them on and off and see which you like.
You don't need to play the exact same way as your friend :)
Toadsworth
Play how you want to, if you play better with then play with if not don't play with a follow point. Also a big reason people don't improve in osu! is because they copy others play style.
Ichi
To learn Ar10 follow points are necessary. I´d strongly reccomend you put them on. Once you´re really good at Ar10. By that i mean almost excelent. Then you can chose to take them off if you wish, won´t make a difference at that point.

I´m saying you should because at the point of learning ar10 i wouldn´t look at it as preference because it helps you with it. Once you´re experienced then you can preety much read ar10 without the followpoints being of any help, so by then you can take them off. I doubt they bother you so just put them on and learn ar10 with followpoints.
Kaeru
Follow points aren't important at all. If anything, they may make you a worse player if you try to rely on them all the time. I leave them on just because I've never really hated them enough to turn them off, but they can be a little annoying sometimes (when the jumps are close together, the points just stack on top of each other and add more clutter and nonsense to your screen). On the contrary, they can also be helpful while playing higher AR (especially when there's space between the notes).

Overall they really are completely optional though and it's just up to your personal preference whether you want to use them or not.