General Football/Soccer Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tanzklaue
maybe we send our suck to spain.

anyway, netherlands are scary.
GladiOol
guys, time to go home. it's all ogre. it's our world cup.
Glass
Missing a literal open goal.

Only Torres.
Leader
I guess I should start reading those Gladi's posts about unknown Dutch players from now on.
GladiOol
that first van persie goal though, flying like an elegant swan towards the ball and then land like a jet having engine problems. nonetheless, insane goal.
Tanzklaue

GladiOol wrote:

that first van persie goal though, flying like an elegant swan towards the ball and then land like a jet having engine problems. nonetheless, insane goal.
you don't do dive headers to look beautiful though :P
JonnyThatJonny
The dutch just went from kinda forgotten into one of the favorites. There can be no better boost than trashing the champions, that Robben-VanPersie-Sneijder trio can change any game in their favor if it's their day.

On the other hand, Spain looks senile. They were being their usual self but after the turnaround they went down like a house of cards.
KRZY
Out of 77,000 people who correctly bet on Mexico 1-0 Cameroon at some betting site in Korea, only 10 people correctly bet on Netherlands 5-1 Spain to claim 30000x of their bets.

Impressive stuff..

Glass
SPOILER
http://puu.sh/9sdjV/9dba12fb72.gif
Fabi
Crazy, crazy game. Robben and Van Persie my God. There are people still thinking that Robben is overrated.
Cherry Blossom
Robben will be the best player of the world cup. I'm pretty sure.
Vish024
Alright Aus-Chile kicking off, C'MON SOCCEROOS.
Mismagius
rip in pieces australia as well I guess
[- Alex -]
1:22 AM here .... and i need some sleep.

2-0 so far.
Vish024
Oh dear lord. Might as well be playing this in Santiago with this sort of crowd, good turn out from the Chileans. Let's not concede again, hit 'em on the break please.
MouseEasy
wow netherlands 5 - 1 spain
JonnyThatJonny
Australia could've scored the double right after that first goal haha, that was their moment. Now the game stalled again.

Good thing Chile has a great attack and weak defense, can't imagine a goaless draw with them in the field.
Tanzklaue
incredibly awful game until now, australia plays like they never ever played football and chile after the early lead way too passive.
Vish024
Ange needs to work magic at half time, we're more than capable of pulling this back. C'MON AUSSIE.
Tanzklaue

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Ange needs to work magic at half time, we're more than capable of pulling this back. C'MON AUSSIE.
if you stop playing rugby and start playing football you have every chance of winning this game :P
Vish024
We're still a relatively young footballing nation, noone's expecting us to play like the 1970 Brazilian team so settle down.
[- Alex -]

LaVolpe024 wrote:

We're still a relatively young footballing nation, noone's expecting us to play like the 1970 Brazilian team so settle down.
This match is a bit boring . But the games never ends before 90.
Glass
rip in peace straya
JonnyThatJonny
Australia should've just crossed the ball to Cahill for 90 minutes, surelly he would've scored 4 or 5 headers between Chile's midget center backs.
Mismagius
I like both teams but I don't really want Spain to pass, so I didn't want a draw here ;_; sorry 'Straya, going for Chile this time.

Anyways:

12-06

Brazil 3-1 Croatia

Goals:
1st / 10' - Marcelo (own goal)
1st / 28' - Neymar
2nd / 25' - Neymar (penalty)
2nd / 45'' - Oscar

13-06

Mexico 1-0 Cameroon

Goals:
2nd / 15' - Peralta

Spain 1-5 Netherlands

Goals:
1st / 26' - Xabi Alonso (penalty)
1st / 43' - Van Persie
2nd / 7' - Robben
2nd / 19' - De Vrij
2nd / 26' - Van Persie (Casillas BLOWN THE FUCK OUT)
2nd / 34' - Robben

Chile 3-1 Australia

Goals:
1st / 11' - Sánchez
1st / 13' - Valdívia
1st / 35' - Cahill
2nd / 47' - Beausejour
Vish024
Great effort by our men, unlucky not to score in the second half. Bravo's save off Bresc's shot was the match winner, very good save and an excellent goal by Beausejour later on. Well played Chile.
bmin11
You guys are above Spain at the moment
Vish024
Well it's Netherlands next and that's not something I'm very keen on. Anyway let's hope England plays well tonight, should be a good match.
Tetsu_old
Let's hope we won't get embarrassed today.
E14

Blue Dragon wrote:

I like both teams but I don't really want Spain to pass, so I didn't want a draw here ;_; sorry 'Straya, going for Chile this time.

Anyways:

12-06

Brazil 3-1 Croatia

Goals:
1st / 10' - Marcelo (own goal)
1st / 28' - Neymar
2nd / 25' - Neymar (penalty)
2nd / 45'' - Oscar

13-06

Mexico 1-0 Cameroon

Goals:
2nd / 15' - Peralta

Spain 1-5 Netherlands

Goals:
1st / 26' - Xabi Alonso (penalty)
1st / 43' - Van Persie
2nd / 7' - Robben
2nd / 19' - De Vrij
2nd / 26' - Van Persie (Casillas BLOWN THE FUCK OUT)
2nd / 34' - Robben

Chile 3-1 Australia

Goals:
1st / 11' - Sánchez
1st / 13' - Valdívia
1st / 35' - Cahill
2nd / 47' - Beausejour
keep up posting this kind of match results...

anyway , i like how the Netherlands' rapist revenge against Spain 4 years after..
Van Persie's header make him a literal "Flying Dutchman" :)

what spain will do: win all 2 matches to advance knockout stage.

EDIT: wait a minute, why don't use 1-90' instead of 1st/1'-45' 2nd/1'-45' format?
Mismagius

E s s a wrote:

EDIT: wait a minute, why don't use 1-90' instead of 1st/1'-45' 2nd/1'-45' format?
this is how we do this in Brazil :[ I don't really like the 1-90' format because I like to see how far the goals were into the half, not how far they were into the entire game.
JonnyThatJonny
Getting doubts Greece can win against Costa Rica playing like this. Colombia wasn't that impressive but they were still miles better.
Mismagius
Greece won't play against Costa Rica though. Greece is in the group C with Colombia, Ivory Coast and Japan.
JonnyThatJonny
Nevermind, mixed groups for a moment there ):
Mismagius
Seriously, Uruguay...

RIP maracanazzo 2.0
Vish024
Just woke up and read the scoreline, what the flip Uruguay? I guess it's best not to underestimate anyone at this rate.

ENG-ITA kicking off, C'MON THREE LIONS! Italy playing Chiellini at left back, Candreva up front beside Balo this is strange stuff from Prandelli.
Tanzklaue
heart says england 2-1, head says italy 3-0.
Mikelicious
Uruguay ;_;
bmin11
United and Liverpool working well together
Tanzklaue
and another critical error from the referees. this time, it was a penalty not given despite being warranted. paletta only going for the man, not even remotely for the ball, in a situation that could've easily lead to a goal.
show more