forum

Renaming Songs [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
EonMaster
The problem I have is I never know any of the artist names for the songs I have, so am I able to rename a song to remove the song's artist to replace it with the game it comes from, or from what anime it came from so I can more easily find it on the list? I've got about 100 different songs, and whenever I want to play a specific one, I end up searching up and down the list trying to figure where it's at.

Or will doing so make the song not compatible with the Osu ranking system/program?
NotShinta
It's possible to rename them, but it doesn't work with the rankings.

Also, the Source tag should be used for where it came from. If it isn't, it should be pointed out in the modding process.
Topic Starter
EonMaster
So if I renamed it, it would not be compatible with online ranking (as in I won't rank on a song name I changed), or would it still rank, but under the original name?
anonymous_old

EonMaster wrote:

So if I renamed it, it would not be compatible with online ranking (as in I won't rank on a song name I changed), or would it still rank, but under the original name?
Editing the .osu will make any plays of that .osu unranked.

You may be interested in this request: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16809
Derekku
Newer songs almost always have a source from which the song came from (the specific video game, anime, etc.), so there shouldn't be a problem with those. For now, though, you can add the ones without sources to your favorites.

Denying since there's a similar request already.
LuigiHann
if you know the source or any part of the title, starting to type in whatever part you know should narrow down the list pretty fast, thanks to the source field and the search feature. It is true that older maps lack a source, but a lot of those older maps have the game or anime listed as artist already.

And yeah, I don't know if you noticed, but you can sort the whole list by Title instead of Artist using the tabs at the top of song select, too.