forum

General Pokemon Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
bmin11
Can I join Team Magma? How do I join Team Magma?

Quite disappointed on how the male protagonist and Archie turned out, but that's my only complaints from this reveal.
kirueggy
Well looks like this game is gonna take 5 years to complete.
NaomiMinette
Depends on how much they add compared to the original versions + post-story content (HA! >_>)
Jinxy
That's a pretty big redesign on the teams. The eyes on Brendan and May are a little iffy but that's because I'm used to their RSE art. Seems they made Brendan's sideburns longer specifically to say that's a hat
Gakkun
I always thought Brendan's hat was his hair when I was younger, lol.

I love Sceptile but Mega Sceptile as a grass/dragon..... kind of scares me.

Steven looks hot as ever.
Lanturn
Mega Lanturn please <3

Oh but really. I'm really glad they're putting new Megas in the game. I'll be happily starting off with Treecko now though I'm starting to love Swampert's design.

Also damn.. Tabitha/Homura, you really let yourself go. :P

SPOILER
from
[- Alex -]

First Dragon/Grass type

HYPE!
NaomiMinette
Makes me wonder if a future Gen will have a Dragon/Grass Legendary... lol.

Anyway, does anyone know the reason behind Mega Sceptile's typing and Ability (Lightningrod)? My guess is that it's based on a Japanese pun just like how Mega Ampharos made way more sense in Japanese, but I could be wrong.
kirueggy
Dragon & Grass don't fit in the same sentence lol. I doubt it... Unless they make the legendary so badass looking it counters every other Pokemon's cool level
Azure_Kite

Blazevoir wrote:

Makes me wonder if a future Gen will have a Dragon/Grass Legendary... lol.

Anyway, does anyone know the reason behind Mega Sceptile's typing and Ability (Lightningrod)? My guess is that it's based on a Japanese pun just like how Mega Ampharos made way more sense in Japanese, but I could be wrong.
"Hey guys, we're making a starter pokemon's mega evolution have a 4x defense against Electric type! What do we do?

Whack Lightningrod on it's ability slot.

What?! That's madness!!!

Is it, really? All you're doing is giving it an immunity to a move type that will never be used against it, and if someone does, it gets stronger!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAhAHAJKLHFLSAIUGFHIL:FVDSUHFULAJGHFLUGESF

..... *backs away slowly"

Seriously though, one possibility is that his tail looks like a tree, and tall trees are struck by lightning every now and then, or who even knows for sure.
Lanturn

Blazevoir wrote:

From the Bulbapedia Wiki, it seems Sceptile is based on a Dilophosaurus so that's where the Dragon Typing comes from. (Btw, Dinosaur = Dragon in Pokémon lol)

As for the ability. I'm in agreement with Azure
Jinxy
Predict an electric attack in singles or pair with a discharge partner in doubles = fun times, but it does depend on how well its stats turn out to be since that strategy is nothing new
Lanturn
Having some actual gameplay footage was really nice. Gym Leader splash screen, Some gyms, overworld, magma/aqua lair, and so on.

E3 2014 Video:

Hoenn map:

PS. Are we going to make a ORAS thread like we did with XY to help with spoilers?
NaomiMinette

Lanturn wrote:

Are we going to make a ORAS thread like we did with XY to help with spoilers?
Yes. Don't know who will be starting it, but I prefer if it gets created 1-2 weeks before the games get released.
Trash Boat
dadbeat for ORAS thread OP
NaomiMinette
Another Mega confirmed!

Lanturn
Aghhh

Wake up to Pac-man

Come home from work to a new mega. ;_;

I actually wasn't expecting much more because of only what Corocoro leaked.

Oh, and the Mega evolutions in ORAS all look amazing so far. I really like Mega Sableye and I think I'll pick one up on my first playthrough.
La Volpe
Pretty cool, but I still want mega Milotic.. :c
NaomiMinette

La Volpe wrote:

Pretty cool, but I still want mega Milotic.. :c
I'll actually be extremely disappointed if it doesn't get one.
Trash Boat
Mega Sableye is still Dark/Ghost?
Navizel
Mega Sableye tells me he will be a Ruby-exclusive

I hope not since I will be buying Sapphire
Lanturn
This is how I see it, and I'm sure many others already have the same idea.
Mega Sableye will be the defense, Mega Mawile is the offense. I'm expecting similar stats as Mawile, but in Defense instead of Offense. He'll probably get A defensive ability similar to Huge Power (+50% attack)

As for exclusives.. Possibly, or at least the Mega Stone. It'll probably be something like Aggron/Tyranitar, where you need to trade mega stones or pokemon to get.
NaomiMinette
New video:

There are also A LOT of new pre-release screenshots, found here (scroll down to June 12's).
Trash Boat
Poké transfer from Kalos to hoenn? really?
kirueggy

Trash Boat wrote:

Poké transfer from Kalos to hoenn? really?
this would solve all the world's problems
Azure_Kite
I do like to see that they really do seem to be making an effort to globalise the pokemon releases since X and Y. Having them released at the same time worldwide is cool and stuff.
forgott3n

Blazevoir wrote:

New video:

There are also A LOT of new pre-release screenshots, found here (scroll down to June 12's).
Ahh i want Diancie
I heard it's a event Pokemon. Awesome Mega evolution~

But i prefer normal Diancie
Sapphiire_old_1
My opinions so far :

- i am verry disappointed that they use x/y art style
- concept of primal evolution looks cool makes me think of primal dialga
- love all of the mega evolutions that they have announced except for mega sabley lack of inspiration strikes again
NaomiMinette
I like both Diancie and Mega Diancie. Too bad we can't rename it ._.
Sapphiire_old_1

It's been well known that Milotic has always been the most beautiful Pokémon there is, having the ability to calm hostility and fury, and it's not that hard to see why; to be fair it's quite the looker! However, with Diancie, it's know become the most beautiful. So this has made me consider...which do you think is more worthy of the title.

I personally think that Milotic is the one with the best visual appeal, and is the original beauty. You?
Sapphiire_old_1
Also Best pokemon rom , moemon :

Hika
opinions, god bless
I didn't think I'd have to post here again until Pokémon stopped giving me terrible vibes from X/Y. Actually, I got a chance to play X/Y a little earlier this year and I never mentioned how much I didn't like it, mainly because I was hoping for OR/AS to not repeat the mistake of having the graphics that I dislike so much.

The main thing that I hated about X/Y is that personally, it was slow paced and I can't believe it took me as long as it did to finish the game. I'm honestly not sure if it was my error or if it was the game, because it would normally take me a good day or two of non-stop playing, excluding the normal breaks, in order to finish the story line, or at least to run through the Elite Four and not even hit the Champion. Even then, that took me an entire week to do that, and this was spending more than 17 hours in the game. Actually, at 17 hours, I wasn't even at the 8th gym. I was literally just passing by Frost Cavern, iirc.

Anyhow, I'm not a big fan of the graphics either. Even though I realize you can play without the 3D, the graphics have this terrible habit of hurting my head, which make me have to take at least 5 minute breaks every 2-3 hours. Not bad, but even when I stop playing completely, it distorts my vision afterward. Not the type of feeling I'd like to get after playing the game, that's for sure. Besides the generalization, I actually really like the graphics of the battles in the game, but it was looking a little too glorified with the extra time being put into performing every move. It wasn't worth switching the option to set, so I just lived with it.

Also, what a terrible character development, one of the girls in it is naïve as hell and there's the other persistent girl who just keeps fighting you and annoying you before you go fight a gym leader or something, complete waste of my time. The story was pretty bad too, especially since I lost interest in the game pretty much where all the drama comes up. Fairy types suck btw, they kicked my ass really hard until I got to the Fairy gym. Had to step it up a bit.

Overall, I personally don't like the new change or anything, like I said before, I heard it wasn't the best work that Nintendo has spewed out of their asses but I'll take it. Loyal fan status, indeed.

No matter what I've said however, I'm still looking forward to these remakes. I hope they change how I feel about generation VI or else I'm going to just have to deem these two the worse games I've ever seen in my life.

SoG Tava wrote:

- love all of the mega evolutions that they have announced except for mega sabley lack of inspiration strikes again
Personally I don't even know anymore, it's the worst mega evolution I've ever laid eyes on. C'mon, they could do so much better. I didn't exactly see all of the mega evolutions out but holy god, please.

Blazevoir wrote:

I like both Diancie and Mega Diancie. Too bad we can't rename it ._.
So what is this Pokémon, is it just a random event or does this tie into the storyline if anyone knows by any chance? Looks pretty but it kinda does look like a rock with a mineral stuck to its head. I'm not liking it or the name...
NaomiMinette

Hika wrote:

So what is this Pokémon, is it just a random event or does this tie into the storyline if anyone knows by any chance? Looks pretty but it kinda does look like a rock with a mineral stuck to its head. I'm not liking it or the name...
I don't want to spoil anything, so you'll just have to either look it up (AKA a leak) or wait till the distribution to see for yourself.

On a related note: I can't wait for its movie *w*
Trash Boat
so secret bases, mix records, primal evolutions, new mega evolutions, a possible Eon ticket event.... the only thing missing is a Jirachi event because that was a goddamn hard Pokémon to get
NaomiMinette
Maybe if you didn't get the Colosseum Bonus Disc... Also, there wasn't any footage shown for Secret Bases and Mixing Records yet. Anyway...

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Mega Sableye

Further details have been revealed about the Pokémon, Mega Sableye. It is confirmed that Mega Sableye retains its Dark/Ghost-type, but rather than keep any of the abilities, it gets the ability Magic Bounce. It has increased Defense and Special Attack stats, but decreased Speed. During battle, Mega Sableye shelters itself behind the jewel, from where it can take advantage of any openings its target leaves exposed.
Guess that answers that.
La Volpe
Sorry if someone already posted this, notice the silhouettes, is it all the megas we will have for the Heonn remakes or there is more to come?

NaomiMinette
Something tells me that's fake, but we'll just have to wait and see (or until CoroCoro leaks more stuff).
mm201
Did someone forget to fill the Magenta ink on their printer or something?
Also fwiw, none of the silhouettes are Megas--they're the ordinary Sugimori artwork of those Pokémon.
Looks like some fan decided to put together a poster containing already verified information.
NaomiMinette
That being said, I'm sure there's A LOT of people wanting Mega Milotic and/or Mega Metagross.
La Volpe
I was skeptical too when I saw it, but I thought it was worth posting it on here..
show more