forum

New :o

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Andersfc
Hello I am Anders, a 16 year old boy from Denmark with too much time on my hands, therefore I play osu.
I use a 'razer blackwidow ultimate, mechanical, keyboard' and a 'razer taipan, mouse', they are both relatively new.
Nonetheless I really enjoy using them both and they have made my life alot easier.
With that I also change between using my 'razer goliathus speed' and 'razer goliathus control' mouse mats and, at the moment I use a setting of 7000 DPI, which I will change to a higher amount every now and then to become better/faster at using my mouse.
That is all... for now ;)

-Anders
Piine
Welcome to the forums man. If you need any assistance, just contact me. Will be glad to help you.
Topic Starter
Andersfc
I don't know if there's a better way to reply than this, if there is please tell me.
Rampax
Hey gudluck!
Yaiishi
Welcome! Enjoy trying to stay afloat.
Zilent_old
Hi welcome to Osu!
Vuelo Eluko
hey welcome and a little advice, do NOT use that dpi for osu. you only compensate for your hand being slow, you don't become faster using it, and you get less room for movement error = easier to miss = harder to improve.

some of the best mouse players use extremely low dpi like 400-800

but they arent slow because they learned to make up for the dpi with their hand speed.

not that you need to go that low, but 7000 is way too much for osu and completely unnecessary. sure at first glance higher dpi might seem like you can go faster but in reality your hand stays slow and all you get out of it is decreased precision. the lower your dpi the better you get at jumps. trust me.

i pretty much would say anything 3000 or under CAN work [if you have the finger only movement style], and 1200 or below is ideal
[ Scarlet Red ]

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

hey welcome and a little advice, do NOT use that dpi for osu. you only compensate for your hand being slow, you don't become faster using it, and you get less room for movement error = easier to miss = harder to improve.

but they arent slow because they learned to make up for the dpi with their hand speed.

not that you need to go that low, but 7000 is way too much for osu and completely unnecessary. sure at first glance higher dpi might seem like you can go faster but in reality your hand stays slow and all you get out of it is decreased precision. the lower your dpi the better you get at jumps. trust me.

i pretty much would say anything 3000 or under CAN work [if you have the finger only movement style], and 1200 or below is ideal
This guy is totally correct! ^. Use low sensitivity/dpi and you will learn to not overshoot. Another tip, reduce your mouse acceleration if you haven't already, totally helps you.

Anyway, hey! Welcome to hell! *MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA*. Feel free to add me in game and we can chat, and also if you have any questions or concerns about the game. Toodles!
vizzy
Welcome to the forums! Enjoy. :)
Topic Starter
Andersfc

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Thanks alot both you and Reyder, I noticed earlier when I accidentally switched to 4 k DPI instead, helped me alot :)
Vuelo Eluko
yeh like like 1k would be ideal, I think I've seen good players up to 3k though they had really high resolutions..
SharinganGirl
Welcome to the osu! forums.