forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rewben2
Although slightly off-topic, was Cookiezi ever considered not being the best past 2010 or so? He's been number 1 in the top 20 osu! players videos since 2010 (besides 2013 for obvious reasons) so I assume he was considered #1 back then, has there been a time since then when he was considered worse than someone else? I know WWW passed him in the performance charts, but ppv1 rank obviously didn't equal skill.
GoldenWolf

Rewben2 wrote:

Although slightly off-topic, was Cookiezi ever considered not being the best past 2010 or so? He's been number 1 in the top 20 osu! players videos since 2010 (besides 2013 for obvious reasons) so I assume he was considered #1 back then, has there been a time since then when he was considered worse than someone else? I know WWW passed him in the performance charts, but ppv1 rank obviously didn't equal skill.
I don't know the guy you're talking about but no
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

mcdoomfrag wrote:

I don't want to sound demoralizing, but you should probably work on setting some more realistic short term goals. After you get comfortable with AR 9, you will still be MILES away from FCing Talent Shredder, and don't get me started on big black/chipscape by the end of summer, you are severely underestimating the difficulty of these maps (Though you were probably gonna realize this on your own soon enough, I'll just attribute your statements to blissful ignorance of a new osu player).

If anything, take my words as a challenge, more than being demoralizing, but I just want to make sure you understand just HOW difficult maps like Talent Shredder are to FC. Getting comfortable with AR9 will only allow you to beat your average insane map. Maps like Talent Shredder are far from being your average insane map (spaced streaming and hard to read). Try FCing The Island or maybe Wahrheit first, they are probably better short term goals. Just my 2 cents.
Wahrheit cleared! FC coming in a few days/weeks~
f i z i k

GoldenWolf wrote:

And google will tell you it depends for each person and no scientific researches has been done about how fast you can move your finger for a circle-clicking game
This isn't even only about osu,yeah? Maybe someone researched for playing piano or stuff,who knows. And this is not also limited to each individual person,there has to be a maximum that has been achieved for one person and for what it's worth we just assume it's that for now. I guess you can't calculate how fast you will be able to move your fingers but I am pretty sure that you can do good estimations of what your muscles/nerves will allow you to do.

Liiraye wrote:

f i z i k wrote:

You are. I am sure someone with information about biology and stuff could go around and tell us what are the physical capabilties of a human body. There is a certain limit to how fast you will be able to move your fingers and react,and I think Cookiezi was pretty close to that already. Do some googling and come back with facts,fool!

Sorry but that's complete BS and you know it. People say they've reached their limit when they have like 10k plays. Most people improve at osu when they have 3-5 times that amount, and some gradually get faster all the.time. Look at lewas last spurt before he went emo. WWWs great improvement after cookie got banned etc

You didn't get my point,it's not about when you improve or what you believe your limit to be,there's a physical limit to this game. I think it was usa who made that usain bolt analogy and I think it was pretty good - there will never be a person to run 100metres in 8 seconds,and thus there will also never be a person to stream 700bpm,which I guess there won't be ever any songs for anyways lol. But yeah,700 won't be the physical cap for a human being but it's up for some research to find out what the cap will be,I won't dare to make false assumptions right now but it's obviously a lot lower than that
Soarezi

Woobowiz wrote:

You got a B on it, a FC is FAAAAAAAAAAR from that B
Vuelo Eluko

Soarezi wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

Immensely so.

such is the curse of low-drain maps. i know people my rank who can 'clear' airman but that doesn't mean they're even within 3 years of fcing it..
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Soarezi wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

While you are right, I am improving though and I think that's what's important right now.
nrl

-Rinku- wrote:

but when you can't determine the exact odds, you can no longer be a realist
Yes you can. Realistically, this player will not reach Cookiezi's level of skill. He probably won't even get close. That doesn't mean he shouldn't try, but there is absolutely no reason for him to delude himself into thinking that it's remotely likely.

Some helpful advice for the OP, stop worrying about your rank, and stop worrying about FCs. Just looking through your profile I see that two fifths of all of your plays come from your top five most played maps, and all five are hard diffs. Not post-insanes, not even insanes, hards. What's the point in training those maps so hard? In two months those FCs won't be contributing to your pp at all, and the benefit of those 2000 plays would be absolutely dwarfed by that of 2000 plays spread across a few hundred fresh maps of similar difficulty. To give you a sense of just how ridiculous those play counts are, rrtyui only has three maps with over 900 plays on them, and those are the Big Black, Freedom Dive, and his HDHRFL play of Vallista. There is absolutely no reason you should be spending that much time on any one map at your playcount. Rather, you should download every beatmap pack past 200, then run through the entire collection one map at a time, starting with the hardest diffs. If you can pass the diff in three retries, do so and move on to the next map in the collection. If you can't, move down a diff and try again, and if you've run out of diffs, move on.
Vuelo Eluko

Woobowiz wrote:

While you are right, I am improving though and I think that's what's important right now.
Keep at it. You might have the potential if you put the work in
don't expect cookiezi to happen before 100,000 playcount though.
Luna
Once you FC Wahrheit nomod, try it on DT. And then marvel at how Cookiezi FC'd that haha
Jordan
I've tried and failed, lesson is: Don't try

you're probably gonna get bored of the game before you can even be a quarter as good as him

Which will be in 2 or 3 years if you play osu! a lot
Vuelo Eluko

Luna wrote:

Once you FC Wahrheit nomod, try it on DT. And then marvel at how Cookiezi FC'd that haha
hey i saw him sweatin' on those tornado jumps
Dexus

usa wrote:

save that army mentality for something that's actually worth it.
Funny, I am in the military.

I guess it's just my mentality and lifestyle to keep pushing, even beyond my limits. From true personal experience this does work, your mind gives out before the body does.

side topic: Energy drinks / coffee = osu! steroids
nrl

Dexus wrote:

Hehe. I actually play much worse with caffeine. Makes me too jittery.
Novixion

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Soarezi wrote:

Immensely so.

such is the curse of low-drain maps. i know people my rank who can 'clear' airman but that doesn't mean they're even within 3 years of fcing it..
When I got Wahrheit, I was like jump map! I'll go FC it.
Several hours later... "I give up" (1x miss is supreme)

Wait what, I can't even clear Airman...
Catgirl

Dexus wrote:

I don't like energy drinks of coffee personally. Strangely, I find that I play the best when I've been awake for more than 20 hours in a row. Passed some insane songs that I can't come anywhere close to passing when I'm wide awake.
Granger

Decon082 wrote:

Dexus wrote:

I don't like energy drinks of coffee personally. Strangely, I find that I play the best when I've been awake for more than 20 hours in a row. Passed some insane songs that I can't come anywhere close to passing when I'm wide awake.
My best guess would be that you act instictially as opposed to willingly (ie thinking about what you do) during this time because you're literally too tired to think.
The human mind and body is quite interresting in that regard~
smallfry

tokaku wrote:

I always feel sad whenever I see people talking about when they started doing insanes. It took me 6-7 months to do my first one (Black Rebel on insane) I know everyone learns at their own pace but it just makes me feel bad.

Good luck on getting to cookiezi level!

D: Aw don't feel sad.

anyways ontopic

yeah goodluck with your road to cookiezi tier it's gonna be extremely difficult.
theLiminator
If you're superbly talented, and I mean more talented than pretty much anyone, the top .0001%, you might reach his level at 80000 plays. Which if you estimate with 2 minutes per play (a fairly low number), is like 2666.6 hours. 2666/12 = 222 days. This is assuming you play 12 hours a day straight. Summer would be over by then. So unless you're playing more than 12 hours a day, it's actually physically impossible to reach his level by the end of summer. The estimates I gave you are assuming you're unbelievably talented and incredibly motivated.

Assuming a more normal level of talent, still much above average, I'd assume you'd need about 110000 plays with a song average length of 2.5 minutes. This would result in requiring 4583 hours to reach his level of skill. Let's say that you can play really hard for 8 hours a day, that would take 573 days of intense training. This is probably a much more realistic number, and even then, you'd have to be super disciplined to play this much everyday along with finishing school/work/etc.

So basically, maybe if you're 12 years old and you train 10+ hours a day for the next 8 years. At that point, you'll likely be as good as Cookiezi if not better.

If you're already mid 20's, it's unlikely you'll ever reach his level, as reflexes slow down, etc.

Within 15 days, my rank has changed massively, but even still I don't know if I'd even reach the top 200 (they're already immensely good, but it is something that's quite possible to achieve if you put in massive amounts of time).

Saying that you'd read cookiezi's level of skill within a year is just plain ignorant. It's like saying you'd become the best in the world at something with only 1 year of hard work. There are many people that are already at a godlike level of skill that can't reach his level of skill even though they've probably played single maps more than you have played osu.
dennischan
actually warheit is an easy map.
If you want a hard Saten map, you can try Kokou no Sousei, Senketsu no Chikai or the Creator (Nyaten diff)
-GN

dennischan wrote:

If you want a hard Saten map, you can try Kokou no Sousei, Senketsu no Chikai or the Creator (Nyaten diff)
but no one plays those with doubletime, really
shavit

dennischan wrote:

He won't be able to do "no Chikai"/Nyaten for atleast the next month. Those two are super hard and with his progress he won't do then soon, I can barely do any of those and somehow I managed to finish Chikai with an A and Nyaten with B, after 500 retries (total) on Nyaten and a random play on Chikai. And I play for way longer than this guy.
Gigo
Woobowiz, you have to understand that at one point in Cookiezi's life, osu was everything. He did only 3 things every day - eat, sleep and play osu! I don't know how long that period was, but it was a massive commitment on his side. That's how you improve the most - by playing in long sessions, every day!

Summer vacation is coming, you will have a lot of free time. I wish you luck in your quest, although I am still 90% skeptical.
Karuta-_old_1
I think I have done enough reading here...

Play with me after you managed to FC lunatic difficulty ok?
nya10
I just want to remind you, there's much outside life (which is more fun) for you to have than just playing osu!
Goodluck for your quest on FC DT-ing wahrheit
iderekmc

Soarezi wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

if this is not true i will fc airman soon xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
WAVEDASH
Why is everyone hating on this guy so much? For the number of plays he has he's doing great.
DENKOUSEKKA
Keep it up, You're doing fine. Can't wait to see how skilled you'll be in the future :3
Kouya-
I still remember when you made your introduction, maan that wasn't to long ago and you wanted to become Cookiezi-Tier (God-Tier)

Good to see you reaching your goal one step at a time .

Hope to see you accomplish this one day (;
Vuelo Eluko

nya10 wrote:

I just want to remind you, there's much outside life (which is more fun) for you to have than just playing osu!
opinion
Liiraye

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

nya10 wrote:

opinion
If you're implying that playing osu beats every experience imaginable in life I have to laugh a bit.

Osu is a good passtime game when you're striving for your real goals in life.
Vuelo Eluko
not everything

but not 'much' of it like you said
iWhorse
you're going to be posting here literally forever

this is a great idea in concept, but progress is quick when you start out
the better you get you get progress extremely slow and you'll probably be doing the same thing week after week anyways

good luck either way
B1rd
People who are better than me make me depressed -_-. Oh well, competition makes me more motivated I guess.

Liiraye wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

opinion
If you're implying that playing osu beats every experience imaginable in life I have to laugh a bit.

Osu is a good passtime game when you're striving for your real goals in life.
If osu! is a 'passtime' for you then you're a casual.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
Training is going well~!
Can almost convincingly clear (A Rank) Wahrheit.

Can almost clear : Gold Dust, Remote Control, Hana Tsubiomi Yume Miru Kyoushi, and Killer Song

Just need more training ^-^

There are just so many songs to play now. It's so fun that I can't just stick to one song at a time just to beat it~~

And I need more pp @~@
nrl

Woobowiz wrote:

And I need more pp @~@
No, you don't. If you're doing it right you won't start getting pp until the very end, because you'll move on to harder maps before you're good enough to FC the ones you're playing. You should never be retrying for FCs, and if you can FC a map on a cold-read the map was too easy for you anyways.

You'll get better quicker if you just forget about your rank.
xasuma
Ive been playing for almost 2 months regularly. Before that I played about 500 times in 5 months lol.

In these 2 months, (1 month and 8 days with a tablet) Ive gotten to 11.5k. And i have been playing offline for a week now, since I was to anxious about pp.
Rank is important, but is not really a precise skill measure-er all the time. Everyone's got their strong and weak points. Make sure you take advantage of your strong points, and practice even if it's discouraging/boring your weak ones.

And go at your own pace. (that does not mean slow), whatever your pace might be, keep it up.
And im sorry to tell you, but if you ever get cookiezi tier, you will have to be #2 son 'Kappa'.
xD

SPOILER
See you at the top ;) And good luck!
sangu

Woobowiz wrote:

Can almost convincingly clear (A Rank) Wahrheit.

Can almost clear : Gold Dust, Remote Control, Hana Tsubiomi Yume Miru Kyoushi, and Killer Song
Just wanted to give you a kind warning, do not get disillusioned with your perceived skill because you can play one map well, especially when you have spammed that single map multiple times a day. You will at some point stop playing it, come back, and be unable to finish it.

I mean no offense by this, just a friendly warning....
MFZ
This is gonna be even more fun to read in a few months/maybe a year. Unless he stops posting(and I'm sure that he will).
[BAR] Rei
Sh*t. You got talent. You're better than me, and I've been here 12 times longer than you. (not saying that I'm an exceptionally good player, just that you caught up really fast, and in a small number of plays)
show more