forum

a

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_151115
-snip-
ShaggoN
There is one solution. Just play difficulties in right order: Easy first, harder later. If You inverse the order this will irritate You ^_^
anonymous_old
I can't either.

I can't read maps with too many notes on the screen.

I usually end up HR+DT'ing easier difficulties if I need to.
Ephemeral
Easy modifier makes it harder. Funny that.

It's like the old C400 paradox from Stepmania - a mod that is supposed to make the game harder actually makes it easier for most people since they can react off twitch reflex instead of actual calculated movement.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_151115
-snip-
Niva
Based on my experience, I spin better on flashlight mod. Probably because my concentration wasn't disturbed with that blue spinner circle.
Skyripper
Overall difficulty always screws me up on easier difficulties. It looks like certain notes come before others, but, IT'S AN ILLLLLLUUUSSION!
NotShinta

Ephemeral wrote:

It's like the old C400 paradox from Stepmania - a mod that is supposed to make the game harder actually makes it easier for most people since they can react off twitch reflex instead of actual calculated movement.
Sounds like the Insane difficulty of Ouendan games for me.
bbobjs
I find on the few Osu maps I don't end up sucking at that the weird grading system hinders me on maps with fewer beats. In the case of that map you only have 149 beats, which means if you want to get an S you can only get 1 50s and 13-14 100s at worst. Technically you'd be better off if the map had 1 more beat because it would grant you room for an extra 100s (unless I completely misunderstand the grading system).

Ephemeral wrote:

C400 was supposed to make it harder? C800 maybe but C400 was a joke considering that the encore songs in normal DDR were generally 300+ BPM songs played with 1.5x mod and you were supposed to do it with feet. Personally I found C400 to still be too slow and modified the game to have C600.