forum

#announce being split into #rankings and #updates

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
I am making this for bit more organization of the things that happen in osu!.
#announce will be split into two categories, rankings and updates.

#rankings pertains to the competitive side of osu!, focusing on the players and their scoring.

What goes in #rankings ?
- Players getting a 1st place score on a map in any game mode.
- A player passing another in the performance rankings. (Ranks 1-10)
- A player in the top 10 ranks gets a new best performance.
- The resultant top three players of a monthly chart.
- OWC TWC CWC and MWC results as well as officially supported tournament results.

#updates pertains to the game itself as well as updates and changes to it.

What goes in #updates ?
- osu!News postings and forum annoucements.
- Maps being ranked, unranked, and revived/graveyarded.
- Feed from the osu!Status on the current condition of the game's services.
- Staff team changes.
- Version updates.
Piine
#rankings pertains to the competitive side of osu!, focusing on the players and their scoring.

What goes in #rankings ?
- Players getting a 1st place score on a map in any game mode. Agreeable. #announce only shows just for osu!standard
- A player passing another in the performance rankings. (Ranks 1-10)Agreeable.
- A player in the top 10 ranks gets a new best performance. Ehh.....nah. The two above should do. No really any purpose of talking about performance. We got it under profiles for that
- The resultant top three players of a monthly chart. We should wait till peppy finish the "Charts" selection on osu!. This would be a good idea for it but not really for the chat.
- OWC TWC CWC and MWC results as well as officially supported tournament results. Ehh I rather say no to this since it kinda complicated... Should keep it neat and simple on docs/ the post of the tournament/stream.

#updates pertains to the game itself as well as updates and changes to it.

What goes in #updates ?
- osu!News postings and forum announcements. This seems alright and it can also announce who was the one who post it.
- Maps being ranked, unranked, and revived/graveyarded. As above, agreeable.
- Feed from the osu!Status on the current condition of the game's services. Definitely be helpful, but wouldn't the game be down if there was an serious issue. Won't be able to see anything from osu!status in-game unless the chat server wasn't down.
- Staff team changes. This is a so-so for me. I mean we already got a post on the forums handled by our BATmanagers but if they find it effective, then sure.
- Version updates.Nah, we got the changelog for that. I don't think it necessary.

Just adding my own words of judgment, feel free to say anything Kitokofox.
silmarilen
would only give more pointless chat tabs, and it's not like announce is getting spammed so much that you cant tell whats happening
deadbeat
related :3
t/104939