forum

Jumping issues! >o<

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Yuugiri ]
I don't know why But I can't do jumps on insane maps. I use a tablet btw. Jumps in the shame of square or starlike proves to be difficult for me too. I usually fail a song when there's a lot of jumps. Any tips from pros on how to improve my jumping so I won't miss a note? :)
Topic Starter
[ Yuugiri ]
jump in shapes of*
PlasticSmoothie
Play jumpy maps a lot. Snap to notes (try to move your cursor to the next note quicker). Play even more jumpy maps. Use as big an active area as you can handle.

The only way to get better at any aspect of this game is to practice the things you're bad at.
Blueprint
I know you have a higher rank than me but I will just quote what somebody else is going to say

Get some play Count xD

I constantly play jumpy stuff I can only get better at them
[ Stellar ]
Do you hover or drag? Hovering is more efficient, because you can go to notes faster.
Learn snapping. If you don't already snap, then learn it!

Also, star patterns are pretty easy, since you can look at the whole and be able to hit the notes.
But squares, think of the notes going in a straight line, and focus on two notes in a line at a time or you'll get confcused
Topic Starter
[ Yuugiri ]
I hover
Topic Starter
[ Yuugiri ]
Snapping is new to me. Maybe dats why
Topic Starter
[ Yuugiri ]
If anyone is nice enough, pls provide a snapping guide either by texts or video please ^^
Marcin
You know you can click that button on your post to edit it, instead of posting multiple times? :/
PlasticSmoothie
You know you can edit your post instead of posting 3 times within seconds.

Snapping is very simple. When you see a note, get used to moving to it in a straight, fast line so that you hover over it before you need to click it. Watch any good player play, you'll see they do exactly that.
[ Katsu ]
Stop reading them as shapes , forget that those circles draw a pretty star, you should be focused on where your going next not what shape you are drawing.

1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4- gogogogo
Volcanism
As above, try looking at the circles individually rather than the whole pattern itself. It still gets me at times, but it's nice to know that there's a way around it.
[ Katsu ]

XenXus wrote:

If anyone is nice enough, pls provide a snapping guide either by texts or video please ^^
There is no guide for snapping, correct me if i'm wrong but the first thing you need is to be comfortable with your tablet and know where you are on the screen, then & only then can you move to a circle in ONE movement (snap) without hesitation.

This only comes with practice, imo don't worry about snapping, I didn't even know I was until someone told me.. Just keep playing, keep improving, you'll get better.
Mystrian_old

[ Katsu ] wrote:

XenXus wrote:

There is no guide for snapping, correct me if i'm wrong but the first thing you need is to be comfortable with your tablet and know where you are on the screen, then & only then can you move to a circle in ONE movement (snap) without hesitation.

This only comes with practice, imo don't worry about snapping, I didn't even know I was until someone told me.. Just keep playing, keep improving, you'll get better.
"snapping" is what i'm working on also. Don't fret over it, it'll be second nature the more you play. There's no rush.

Also, i'm not pro just letting ya know.
deletemyaccount
Something you should also try to avoid is constantly changing your active area, muscle memory is essential for jumps in quick succession.
10crystalmask01
Try following the beats in the song.

I play with a mouse btw, and I started practicing jumpy maps such as this to help me improve on knowing when and where the jumps are. The beats in this map is loud, so you'll be able to follow it clearly, and hit the notes on time.
Noobsicle
hit one note, look at the next one and really try to get your cursor on it and hit

wallah

repeat until you get better
Guru
i used to be really bad at jumps and then i realize that i kinda afraid of miss so i keep missing more
I try to relax, stop thinking about it and it works!
It may work for you maybe
iderekmc

[ Katsu ] wrote:

XenXus wrote:

There is no guide for snapping, correct me if i'm wrong but the first thing you need is to be comfortable with your tablet and know where you are on the screen, then & only then can you move to a circle in ONE movement (snap) without hesitation..
i thought that snapping was to get to the notes earlier thaN u have to hit them, if u do it in 2 movements is there no name for that?¿ imagin i do 2 movements faster than other person does 1.. does he snap and i dont? xD (question for everyone)