forum

[invalid] Changing osu! fonts (Chat Box and such)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
Topic Starter
Skybussa
With the new recent update that came today, I've noticed many complaints coming from this new font. It's not really much to ask for considering we can customize pretty much everything else (at least I hope its not too much to ask for). Even I personally have found a dislike to this font, however I could probably get used to it; I'd rather not. :p
deadbeat
how is there so much complaining over a stupid font. seriously...
give it some time, you may grow to like it
JhowM
difficult to read at low resolutions
E14
my complaint for font is this emoticon:

Hybrid_Rainbow
feel awkward by the mixture of Japanese font(Meiryo) and this English font...
ugly,unstylish,uncool
Cartographer
:/
Groumiezi

Cartographer wrote:

Looks like a***
srsly guys
what the

E s s a wrote:

my complaint for font is this emoticon:

Lol! i wanted that icon to work propely ;~;
Neil Watts
Hi,

Yeah, maybe this font is not really ugly, but a lot of (old) players were accustomed to the old font.

Why not add an option to allow us to change the font or back to the old font ?

(Or, if it's not possible, make a vote with various polices and let the communauty choose their favourite ?)
Cartographer

deadbeat wrote:

how is there so much complaining over a stupid font. seriously...
give it some time, you may grow to like it
The font is complete rubbish, why get used to something worse.

Images
- Uneven and messy. Looks my room

- Overlaps other lines.

Just doesn't look right, you wouldn't use this on a resume. and you wouldn't expect the guy trying to hire you to 'Get used to it'
Neil Watts
I noticed that too :

Numbers are not spaced as before (or maybe it's because I have the French version... but it needs to be fixed)
peppy
The "overlap" is a spacing issue due to osu! now respecting specific language fonts. It will be fixed over time, not by replacing the fonts, but by fixing the spacing.
Kayla
i have an issue with the anti aliasing and blurring with my resolution 1366x768 using 800x600 osu its so bad and blurry it hurts my eyes and i cant play osu for long anymore. i had to close it and lay down because whenever someone messaged me the blurring with the private message popup would make me go cross eyed.

i dont think that its out of the question to request that we be able to switch to the classic osu font.
neurosis
i don't see why an option to select a few common fonts could hurt anything?

i don't have a problem with the new font really besides how it shapes a few letters, but giving people an option to choose seems like a pretty obviously good idea.