forum

[added] Subscribe to a mapper

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4,121
show more
Soaprman
I'd still want them on-site to be able to look back at later on, but yeah, having that would be useful, and it would be the first time #announce has ever been worth looking at.

Kind of curious about this feature request, actually, since it's been bumped. Are there plans for this or is it held back by a lack of discussion?
mm201
I still want to do it. I just haven't had time for anything lately.
Soaprman
Excellent, good to hear. I mean the want to do it part, not the no time for anything lately part, unless it's because you're doing something better than adding subscribe to a mapper, like shootin' some hoops with your bros.
ztrot
more power to mm201 lets chain him up and force him to code :U jk jk
bentyhunter
I honestly could not agree with this post more. much love for you sir!
NatsumeRin
where is mm201
Suimya
yeah i'm supporting this ></
Saten
I really want this~

NatsumeRin wrote:

where is mm201
Polishing peppy's shoes
raww_old
I've been practically searching for each of my favourite mappers once every week, to see if they've released something. I don't see why this hasn't been implemented yet.

+5
deadbeat
<3
theowest
and it's not even implemented yet.

so you should probably waste your sp on other less popular feature requests!
Zare
bumping because best idea 2010-2013
Kuria
when this will be implemented actually? \:D/
FrzR
Support. xD
- Marco -
dennischan
nice idea
sheela
Cool
ztrot
this is something that will most likely happen eventually but, I feel it can sit on the back burner without hurting anything
Mira-san
Awesome.
Lako
This seems like a good idea. Being able to see new maps by your favourite mapper while showing your respect to them :3
Yukiteru Amano
Awsome! If you're a supporter maybe the maps that the creator makes gets auto-downloaded when you're online :)? (when ranked that'll be :) )
Nyxa
I like this idea. +2.
tiper
Supporting.
I would like to subcribe to Blue Dragon because I don't want to miss his maps. I like to comment them.
onotoleonide
yeah yeah
Seanald
bump I'm too lazy to check mapper's pages lol
Topic Starter
flan
Wow around 4 years since I last played osu!, its nice to see my one suggestion become so consistently recommended. I might just have to start playing again.
Eni
I would love to see mapper subscriptions implemented!
TheGreatEops
Just when I was wondering what to do with my stars
unko
my only problem with this is that beatmaps do not get ranked very often, especially from one mapper, so the "feed" would be pretty barren, unless you could count non-ranked maps
Secretpipe
it'd be nice but there's a problem !

There's a lot of "popular" mappers who took a break from mapping/or even the game !
So imagine if you pick 4/5 mappers and they are inactive , your request will be dead then ! :(
WingSilent

Secretpipe wrote:

There's a lot of "popular" mappers who took a break from mapping/or even the game !
So imagine if you pick 4/5 mappers and they are inactive , your request will be dead then ! :(
After a month if the mapper isn't active then it hides from your subscriptions. If he's or she's back and active, they will be displayed.
Lurei

nookls wrote:

my only problem with this is that beatmaps do not get ranked very often, especially from one mapper, so the "feed" would be pretty barren, unless you could count non-ranked maps
Something about this may be solutioned with what I say below... But yeah, the should count that...

- Lumi - wrote:

Secretpipe wrote:

After a month if the mapper isn't active then it hides from your subscriptions. If he's or she's back and active, they will be displayed.
Instead of something like hiding it, I think it would be better if the suscription list auto-orders itself from mappers who recently uploaded something to mappers who are inactive.

That way, I think it would be a little easier to keep track of your favorite mappers (or something like that).
neonat
As long as you allow the mapper to know who subscribed to him
ikzune
must have this in terms of mapping fullerene is my god o_o
Cosmic Energy
I feel like this should already be a thing
Kibbleru
i totaly support this. i don't think mappers are getting recognized enough for what we've done for the community :<

the only people who truly appreciates mappers are other mappers themselves
Shadowriver

Kibbleru wrote:

i totaly support this. i don't think mappers are getting recognized enough for what we've done for the community :<

the only people who truly appreciates mappers are other mappers themselves
I think adding minimized avatars of creator in beatmap page would be more effective to solve that then this, as even with subscribe people won't recognize creator, if they see same colorful avatar on few good maps they more likely to subscribe.
Kinshara
Can I subscribe to MillhioreF? <3
Syphist
This seems like a cool idea. You have my support on this.
Saoji

Syphist wrote:

This seems like a cool idea. You have my support on this.
Same here

neonat wrote:

As long as you allow the mapper to know who subscribed to him
^
show more