forum

[duplicate] A change to nofail mod.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
Primula_old
Sometimes, I have nofail on without realizing and I end up passing a map without actually having the hp deplete entirely - sometimes this is the best attempt I end up doing on a map and find myself unable to do as good after having turned nofail off for my next attempt - which makes me regret forgetting to turn it off. T^T

I'm sure a lot of people have had something similar to the above scenario happen to them~
I'd like to propose two possible solutions to this:

#1 Deduct score by the nofail multiplier (0.50x) only if the player actually fails during the map.

#2 Remove the multiplier reduction, and instead make it similar in a way to how failing in multiplayer works - Player is unable to gain score while in a failed state, player will continue gaining score after maxing the hp bar again.

This would also allow players to play osu! more casually (those who just like to listen to songs in their entirety without having to retry - like me) without causing a great impact to their score for those maps of which they don't end up failing on.
Coffee Hero
No thanks, if this were implemented then there would be literally 0 reason to not have it on 24/7. You would have to remove the mod completely and change how failing works in general for this to make any sense.
Topic Starter
Primula_old

TSC wrote:

No thanks, if this were implemented then there would be literally 0 reason to not have it on 24/7. You would have to remove the mod completely and change how failing works in general for this to make any sense.
And why exactly would that be a problem? Why is failing necessary?

You would still have less score than someone who is able to pass the map, so it's not something that impacts the fairness of the rankings (and with solution #1 it'd be exactly the same score difference as it is currently).

As for what you personally may feel about it.. It's an optional difference to underperforming on a map, some people may prefer to actually fail while others would rather enjoy the song through its entirety which is why it'd be a change to the mod rather than something that's forced on everyone.
jesse1412

Primula wrote:

TSC wrote:

And why exactly would that be a problem? Why is failing necessary?

You would still have less score than someone who is able to pass the map, so it's not something that impacts the fairness of the rankings (and with solution #1 it'd be exactly the same score difference as it is currently).

As for what you personally may feel about it.. It's an optional difference to underperforming on a map, some people may prefer to actually fail while others would rather enjoy the song through its entirety which is why it'd be a change to the mod rather than something that's forced on everyone.
It wouldn't even be a mod it'd be standard and then passing maps would be pointless so no please stop.
quaternary

Primula wrote:

You would still have less score than someone who is able to pass the map, so it's not something that impacts the fairness of the rankings
Failing during the first few notes then FCing the rest of the map would lead to a score close to that of someone that didn't fail, because the first notes don't count as much.
Deimos
deadbeat

awp wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

If it works the way you suggest, there'd be no reason to ever disable it (since there's no penalty for having it on)
This is my biggest objection. Maybe 0.8x for not having to use it and 0.5x if you have to use it (when it is enabled).
yeah, dupe