forum

Imagine Dragons - Amsterdam

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hineya
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 10. ožujak 2014. at 20:31:12

Artist: Imagine Dragons
Title: Amsterdam
Tags: Dan Reynolds Ben McKee Interscope KIDinaKORNER
BPM: 115
Filesize: 6146kb
Play Time: 03:40
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4,6 stars, 383 notes)
  2. Insane (4,68 stars, 449 notes)
  3. Normal (2,59 stars, 201 notes)
Download: Imagine Dragons - Amsterdam
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
1st beatmap!
xTheLaw
The timing seems allright but you should have someone else check it (i'm not really experienced with timing).

I wouldnt use such big jumps on a hard diff.

02:16:923 (6,7,8,9,1) - There's really no point in stopping the kiai time here for just 5 notes (just my opinion)

There's a lot of kiai time. You should consider removing the kiai from 03:25:010 (6) - to 03:37:793 (3) -
Topic Starter
Hineya

xTheLaw wrote:

The timing seems allright but you should have someone else check it (i'm not really experienced with timing).

I wouldnt use such big jumps on a hard diff.

02:16:923 (6,7,8,9,1) - There's really no point in stopping the kiai time here for just 5 notes (just my opinion)

There's a lot of kiai time. You should consider removing the kiai from 03:25:010 (6) - to 03:37:793 (3) -

Thanks! :D
HKDSE
I hope this can be ranked soon! ╮(╯▽╰)╭
Flappy Bird_old
[General]
  1. - Okay, since this is your first time mapping, I will understand some big mistakes you've done.
  2. - First, your BG is 768x768, which is not recommended for any BG-s to put in your beatmap, try finding 800x600, or 1024x768 sized BG
  3. - Second, your MP3 file has 128bitrate which is rankable, but many people prefer 192bitrate because it's basicly louder. (Both vocals and melody)
  4. - Third, neither hard nor normal diff has preview point in it. ( A preview point sets which part of the song plays when you first select a map, or when you click on the thumbnail in the beatmap listings, usually, you set it in the chorus or the start of the song.
  5. - Third, your slider velocity is a bit too high, that song is calm, no need to make velocity too big
  6. - And last, neither of your difficulties has Kiai Time. (Kiai Time is defined by the mapper on a beatmap between 2 Timing Sections. You can recognize a Kiai time because the screen flashes and you will see a star fountain, afterwards all Hit Objects will flash at the rhythm of the main beat and stars will explode from the cursor when a Hit Circle is hit or will fall from the cursor when you follow a slider or a spinner.) - You usually put Kiai Time in most epic part of the song, mostly it's the chorus, but it's your own decision. DO NOT OVERUSE IT.
[Normal/Hard]
  1. Okay, so your distance spacing is 2.0, I tried to lower it to 1.0 and putting notes in correct way but you just did it all wrong, I would recommend you to remap whole normal and hard diff with GENERAL things I mentioned above. Keep in mind that you use distance spacing all the time, and to follow it's criteria, distance spacing for normal is 0.9 in most ways, and in hard is 1.0 - GOOD LUCK!
Topic Starter
Hineya

Flappy Bird wrote:

[General]
  1. - Okay, since this is your first time mapping, I will understand some big mistakes you've done.
  2. - First, your BG is 768x768, which is not recommended for any BG-s to put in your beatmap, try finding 800x600, or 1024x768 sized BG
  3. - Second, your MP3 file has 128bitrate which is rankable, but many people prefer 192bitrate because it's basicly louder. (Both vocals and melody)
  4. - Third, neither hard nor normal diff has preview point in it. ( A preview point sets which part of the song plays when you first select a map, or when you click on the thumbnail in the beatmap listings, usually, you set it in the chorus or the start of the song.
  5. - Third, your slider velocity is a bit too high, that song is calm, no need to make velocity too big
  6. - And last, neither of your difficulties has Kiai Time. (Kiai Time is defined by the mapper on a beatmap between 2 Timing Sections. You can recognize a Kiai time because the screen flashes and you will see a star fountain, afterwards all Hit Objects will flash at the rhythm of the main beat and stars will explode from the cursor when a Hit Circle is hit or will fall from the cursor when you follow a slider or a spinner.) - You usually put Kiai Time in most epic part of the song, mostly it's the chorus, but it's your own decision. DO NOT OVERUSE IT.
[Normal/Hard]
  1. Okay, so your distance spacing is 2.0, I tried to lower it to 1.0 and putting notes in correct way but you just did it all wrong, I would recommend you to remap whole normal and hard diff with GENERAL things I mentioned above. Keep in mind that you use distance spacing all the time, and to follow it's criteria, distance spacing for normal is 0.9 in most ways, and in hard is 1.0 - GOOD LUCK!
Fixed the background size to 1024x768!
Added MP3 file with 192bitrate
Set a preview point

Kiai time is already there...I don't know how you missed that :?

And about the remapping and slider velocity- I'll see what I can do! Thanks for helping!
Flappy Bird_old
And one more things about tags, don't put imagine, dragon, amsterdam in tags because it's already title of the beatmap, rather put "alternative rock, Dan Reynolds, Ben McKee, Interscope, KIDinaKORNER.. etc. " Anything that will make people find your beatmap easier
Topic Starter
Hineya
Fixed lots of stuff in both difficulties
Changed the slider velocity in Hard from 2,50 to 2,30

The map still needs some work :P
Kareov
Oh god! Imagine Dragons! : P
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.