and that is why fuck this game
Myke B

Soulg wrote:

most people can't even reach that speed to begin with
and that is why fuck this game
lool. You'll get there Soul, I believe.
iderekmc

Blueprint wrote:

I discovered I am pretty op with my index after copying thelewa do something that looks silly to me,, can't alternate from it though xD

I encourage you try what he's doing with his pinky http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIN3GbwpYtA
do u mean what cookiezi does pushing his thumb towards the index?

also the pinky think i think rucker does it xD
iderekmc

kartistenn wrote:

Isn't it easier to accidentally end up spamming when alternating?
yes if the songs are very fast for u
iWhorse

iderekmc wrote:

Blueprint wrote:

I discovered I am pretty op with my index after copying thelewa do something that looks silly to me,, can't alternate from it though xD

I encourage you try what he's doing with his pinky http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIN3GbwpYtA
do u mean what cookiezi does pushing his thumb towards the index?

also the pinky think i think rucker does it xD

no, he means lifting up pinky when you stream

pretty much everyone does it
Topic Starter
Blueprint
I actually meant gripping the side of the keyboard with my pinky ^^ that thumb thing is weird I will try it anyways, I have nothing better to do I suck at tapping circles

My current mood
tokaku
I tried the thumb to index finger, it felt weird. And pinky bending is up to preferences because some people just find it impossible to stream with a pinky like that.
Azer
Hello
Topic Starter
Blueprint
I got a question about stamina, see here the thing I naturally tap with my middle finger and alternate from it however lately since I've been trying faster songs I really can't play for long with it I feel like its bleeding inside :L, now with my index I have more stamina and I can infact tap slightly faster but I absolutely cannot alternate from it, what are you suggestions for getting past this or do I really need to buy a proper keyboard I'm currently using my laptop keyboard and how fast I can click drops drastically If I use a rubber dome.

Suggestions?

Oh and I just can't full alternate fast songs otherwise I end up blind spamming
Noobsicle

Blueprint wrote:

I got a question about stamina, see here the thing I naturally tap with my middle finger and alternate from it however lately since I've been trying faster songs I really can't play for long with it I feel like its bleeding inside :L, now with my index I have more stamina and I can infact tap slightly faster but I absolutely cannot alternate from it, what are you suggestions for getting past this or do I really need to buy a proper keyboard I'm currently using my laptop keyboard and how fast I can click drops drastically If I use a rubber dome.

Suggestions?

Oh and I just can't full alternate fast songs otherwise I end up blind spamming
i've got the same problem as you :s

you could try this: t/184628

try to force yourself to tap with your index finger first
Topic Starter
Blueprint
Ill give that ago
Coffee Hero

Blueprint wrote:

now with my index I have more stamina and I can infact tap slightly faster but I absolutely cannot alternate from it
Suggestions?
Tap with index and start streams,triples,etc with your middle finger.
Topic Starter
Blueprint
I'm going to full alternate for a week and see if I get any better at it
Soulg
you obviously will.

if you do anything for 1 week straight you'll get better at it
Topic Starter
Blueprint

Soulg wrote:

you obviously will.

if you do anything for 1 week straight you'll get better at it
Should be the case I practiced single for a week and got decent at that, the week before that I was full alternating but I couldn't read half the maps I can read now
Sync
well, that doesn't have to do with much -- you simply got better, since you practiced for a week (and you haven't played all that much yet so progress will be drastic for now)

also I alternate but I'm shit-tier now
nooblet
Do keyboards really make that big of a difference? I can't really imagine a jump in performance/stamina just because of that change... I've never tried one, always been using thin keyboards (using laptop keyboard atm) and it's been somewhat okay for me... I think? Can play through most songs and as far as stamina goes as long as it's not all streams.

@topic
Try not to mix up your leading finger if you're alternating imo, if one finger gets sore just sit back and rest for a bit. I actually raise my middle finger significantly more than my index while playing to keep a steady rhythm, so it gets sore faster. Just rest for a day and it should be fine. I don't find it necessary to break a habit for something like this o_O
Myke B

nooblet wrote:

Do keyboards really make that big of a difference? I can't really imagine a jump in performance/stamina just because of that change... I've never tried one, always been using thin keyboards (using laptop keyboard atm) and it's been somewhat okay for me... I think? Can play through most songs and as far as stamina goes as long as it's not all streams.

@topic
Try not to mix up your leading finger if you're alternating imo, if one finger gets sore just sit back and rest for a bit. I actually raise my middle finger significantly more than my index while playing to keep a steady rhythm, so it gets sore faster. Just rest for a day and it should be fine. I don't find it necessary to break a habit for something like this o_O
maybe if you're going between rubberdome and mechanical, but just swapping switches - probably not instantly, or even for a while, but in the long run they most likely will.
Noobsicle

nooblet wrote:

@topic
laptop keyboards should be perfectly fine for osu!, as the keys are low profile (better than rubber domes at least)

the only thing you should worry about is the durability of the laptop key switches, they could get mushier/harder to hit properly (or even break down), but you could always assign K1 K2 to other keys lol
Topic Starter
Blueprint
Oh why did I get hooked on this game while I have alot of stuff to pay for, If I didn't have anything to pay for I would have used a lot on this game :L
Myke B
Hey man - you don't need to buy anything. I started playing this game with mouse only for a long time and really enjoyed it :) now I play taiko in my off time and that shit is so fun.