forum

Confess

posted
Total Posts
show more
NotEvenDoomMusic

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

m not entirely sure what this is either a grenade or some health potion from pokemon
doesnt make sense either way :?:
it's a granade

kill yourself with it
Vuelo Eluko

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

it's a granade

kill yourself with it
i no want die pls.
NotEvenDoomMusic
yiff in hell

Also to keep it into the whole "confession" thing before Wojjan gets mad.
I don't know what to confess, i think the "I miss SaigonAlice" is confession enough. I really miss this little bitch )':
Vuelo Eluko

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

yiff in hell
i must confess, i have not heard that in over 5 years...
Bweh
When my grandpa's feeling grumpy, he refers to my mother as "Brian's mother." He still does that even now, in the hospital.
Kaona
Posting here because I don't know where else I can say this without getting judged, condemned or told to "grow some balls" - heck, I'll probably be told that here as well but I'll give it a shot. This has just happened tonight.

Basically, after 20 years of my Parents being together - they have told me tonight they are splitting up. Reason being they don't get along anymore or something like that. At first my Dad + Mum told me this (when they were angry) just before my Dad was taking me out to go for a meal with some friends I hadn't seen in a while. Didn't think anything of it. I mean, there have been more times than I can remember through my life when they've said they are splitting up, one of them is moving out etc. Never happened so I thought why would this time be different?

I've noticed they haven't been getting along for months now but I had no idea it would really result in a breakup. I mean - they are my Parents, we are meant to be a family. When my Dad picked me up, he was still talking (and in a very calm, kind way which he rarely acts as) about them breaking up, asking if I'd come visit, said he still loves me, that him and my Mum will still be friends etc. At this point I was getting worried, not because he was still talking about it but because he was calm about it. Anyway, I got home and went straight to my Mum.

She basically told me the same information my Dad did. Additionally, she said she's going to start looking for a new place me + her can live in, then hire people to move our stuff, how due to her income the council will pay for our accommodation etc etc. and told me it's truly happening (in the same calm manner my Dad did) but that I shouldn't worry because it's better this way and that we'll be fine. After that, I went and had a long talk with my Dad (the last time I did this was around 7 years ago) about many things - music, why they are splitting up, my future, the universe, relationships etc etc. and for the first time in 9 years I was able to talk to him about things we disagree upon (such as my career choice) without arguing or debating.

Now, me personally - at first I was confused and upset but now I'm frustrated and worried but in a strangely calm way. I can't quite think straight, although I'm getting lots of support from my boyfriend and friends but they don't really understand what I'm going through as they haven't been through parents breaking up with them being in the middle of it all. I'm just desperately hoping this is a bad dream and that the knot in my stomach would go away. I just don't know what to do or who to talk to. I've got people telling me to "be strong" and that they are there if they need me but it's not giving me any answers. Why do these things happen? Why can't they just stay together and be happy? I wish I never took my parents being together for granted because now it's all over.

I'm hoping tomorrow I'll wake up and they'll tell me they've changed their mind or that they were too hasty and are staying together or something. Fat chance of that happening though.

TL;DR - Parents are splitting up and I have no idea what the fuck to do.
Vuelo Eluko
I had this happen too and it was fairly similar. The difference was it was my father being adulterous. I never hated him for it but I allowed him to slip away from my life and I still miss him sometimes. My advice is keep in close contact with whichever parent you aren't with anymore. I'd imagine if you do that it won't be nearly as bad as it ended up for me.

It's not the end of the world, just keep that in mind. they're still your parents and they still love you and it's between them not you so you shouldn't let it destroy you. You should also be there for them because I know that when it happened to mine, being a shoulder for my mother to cry on was very helpful. But again, this is assuming it's not a mutual deal, but even if it is, after a 20 year marriage there's going to be a lot of loss and adjusting for both of them.

right now you should worry about where you are going to go now, and what's going to change for you, so that you're better prepared for it.

1.5 cents for you. tl;dr Things are going to change but they're still your parents and don't let that change

and as for that strange calmness, i had it too. I think it was a mix of shock and disbelief
AstralPhnx
I must confess that right now I fucking hate valentines day
AstralPhnx

Rorona wrote:

rip tuxdude last post in forums was 2 months ago
Not anymore! Talk about perfect timing on my part! o_0
Vuelo Eluko

Tuxdude143 wrote:

Rorona wrote:

rip tuxdude last post in forums was 2 months ago
Not anymore! Talk about perfect timing on my part! o_0
hey
AstralPhnx
Hi there! I don't think I've met you before so welcome!
Vish024
Why's that, it's just like any other day for me. I literally couldn't care less about the general vibe.

Probably because I don't hang around with people.
Blue Stig
Wow it's been a while wb.

I still miss Vext.
Trash Boat

BRBP wrote:

This new guy and battler are making me miss the times when it was just tuxdude and saigonalice.

BRBP wrote:

This new guy and battler

BRBP wrote:

and battler
who?
AstralPhnx

Trash Boat wrote:

BRBP wrote:

This new guy and battler are making me miss the times when it was just tuxdude and saigonalice.

BRBP wrote:

This new guy and battler

BRBP wrote:

and battler
who?
He was a guy who turned up around 6 months ago on the forums. He's a bit of a werdo
NotEvenDoomMusic

Tuxdude143 wrote:

He was a guy who turned up around 6 months ago on the forums. He's a bit of a werdo
Wow, i thought you were smarter than that man.

He also forcefully dragged the "boat"-sheme into dirt.
Yeah, still wondering what Boat is up to these days.

@Battler: I don't mean you, and with that i don't mean your alter ego "Trash Boat" which does nothing better.
AstralPhnx

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Tuxdude143 wrote:

Wow, i thought you were smarter than that man.

He also forcefully dragged the "boat"-sheme into dirt.
Yeah, still wondering what Boat is up to these days.

@Battler: I don't mean you, and with that i don't mean your alter ego "Trash Boat" which does nothing better.
... Oh for FUCKS SAKE!!!
How on earth did I not notice that! I am such an idiot. I hate name changes...
Rorona

Kaona wrote:

TL;DR - Parents are splitting up and I have no idea what the fuck to do.
What CAN you do? I don't think it's your choice whether or not your parents stay together.

It's also something you get used to, a "new normal" that you'll eventually get used to. Like when my parents broke up, for a really long time, I was effectively in denial, but what you have to realize is you get used to your parents breaking up.

i hope wojjan senpai notices me for staying on topic
Audiodelus
Everytime I see Trashboat I think of Trash Boat. It ruins my day.
Hika
During the Winter Olympics today, after Yuzuru Hanyu skated, I was honestly hoping everyone after him, especially his teammate, fell so that way he could stay in the lead for gold.

I'm starting to feel guilt because USA fell and I laughed, then Patrick Chan messed up his triple axle by falling out of balance, then Daisuke Takahashi fucked up his triple axel by twirling too slow. /cry

Even before that, Plushekno dropped out because his back fucked up. troloollooollolo
Trash Boat
i'm a farking car
Foxtrot

Tuxdude143 wrote:

I must confess that right now I fucking hate valentines day
Seph
Complaining you don't have a date for Valentines is like whining that you don't have AIDS for World AIDS Day

i just came back to say this
Cyclohexane
Valentine's Day reminds you how much you fail at relationships.

World AIDS Day reminds you that condoms are important.

I don't like to defend whining but come the fuck on
Yarissa
I think Valentine's day isn't really a fair holiday. First off, you have people who are single getting all self conscious about the fact that they don't have a date. They either bitch and complain or silently wallow in their sorrows, thinking there's something bad about them that makes them impossible to date. Then you have the people who are IN relationships. The mass media kinda illustrates the holiday as a day that the man in the relationship should pamper the woman. The man will typically take her out on a nice date to a dinner he had to pay for, buy her chocolates, flowers, and plushies, and then spend the rest of the day together all lovey-dovey. He'll receive a gift as well, usually, but I bet that some guys would prefer sex out of the deal. I know it's not ALWAYS like this, but I feel like this is the case 90% of the time. It's also a very sexualized holiday, meaning there may or may not be expectations on both ends-- meaning a relationship could end up along the lines of "all you wanted was sex today! Q_Q" Social norms are starting to irk me more every day. Why does society encourage guys and girls to act like this? And the fact that people actually DO it. How2shattersocialnorms?

I'm not saying this 'cuz I'm single or anything, but I mean, c'mon. I find it kind of fucked that people treat Valentine's day this way

/walloftext
Tanzklaue
honestly, if videogames i play wouldn't have valentines day specials, i wouodn't even had know that it is today pror to today. i am as apathetic to this day as one could be.
Bweh
I honestly just don't care

I'm just going to have fun with my friends this day, and if any of them want to spend it with their significant other, that's okay.
Hika
i ended up spending it with my friend

it hurts that i did too because i didn't sleep but it was worth
Vuelo Eluko

Kaoru wrote:

I think Valentine's day isn't really a fair holiday. First off, you have people who are single getting all self conscious about the fact that they don't have a date. They either bitch and complain or silently wallow in their sorrows, thinking there's something bad about them that makes them impossible to date. Then you have the people who are IN relationships. The mass media kinda illustrates the holiday as a day that the man in the relationship should pamper the woman. The man will typically take her out on a nice date to a dinner he had to pay for, buy her chocolates, flowers, and plushies, and then spend the rest of the day together all lovey-dovey. He'll receive a gift as well, usually, but I bet that some guys would prefer sex out of the deal. I know it's not ALWAYS like this, but I feel like this is the case 90% of the time. It's also a very sexualized holiday, meaning there may or may not be expectations on both ends-- meaning a relationship could end up along the lines of "all you wanted was sex today! Q_Q" Social norms are starting to irk me more every day. Why does society encourage guys and girls to act like this? And the fact that people actually DO it. How2shattersocialnorms?

I'm not saying this 'cuz I'm single or anything, but I mean, c'mon. I find it kind of fucked that people treat Valentine's day this way

/walloftext
Lol wut, that's like saying christmas is a bad time for families that cant even afford simple gifts. you don't have to conform to holiday norms, just make them your own

Personally, I'm letting chocolate melt on various parts of my body then eating it
Yarissa
It's not at all the same. It's the same when singles treat it that way but I'm talking about how it's treated in general.

Besides, even if you make your own holiday traditions you can't change the expectations your significant other might have unless you tell them upfront "this is how I want to celebrate Valentine's day."
Vuelo Eluko

Kaoru wrote:

It's not at all the same. It's the same when singles treat it that way but I'm talking about how it's treated in general.

Besides, even if you make your own holiday traditions you can't change the expectations your significant other might have unless you tell them upfront "this is how I want to celebrate Valentine's day."
noone's forcing you to participate. don't let it ruin your day
god bless
Yarissa
It's not "ruining" my day but okay

I was just expressing my disapproval, not whining at how my day was ruined.
Vuelo Eluko
i dont like ice cream with nuts
Zeraph
you're fucking retarded.
Ikikaera
I listen to music with my huge headphones.. when I'm trying to sleep.
It's surprisingy comfortable.
Vuelo Eluko

Zeraph wrote:

you're fucking retarded.
extremely rude please don't do that thank you god bless you
AstralPhnx

Chris9427 wrote:

I always perfer headphones over earbuds. I mean I use headphones when I can, in ear earbuds if I can't use headphones and those annoying earbuds that sit outside my ear if I have no other option (I hate those type of earphones)s
Rorona

Chris9427 wrote:

this kills the headphones

like really just use some speakers and a sub woofer and you get the same thing without breaking them
Foxtrot
every time i tried to fall asleep with music, i always had nightmares
ZenoDiac
every time i tried to fall asleep with music, i always had earpain
show more