forum

Can't alternate fast enough :(

posted
Total Posts
show more
Soarezi

GlueStickHero wrote:

In 2 months if I cant stream above 240 bpm I will find u all and take ur hands.
lewa has played for 4 years and he can't STREAM 240bpm, should he kill us all?
Topic Starter
GlueStickHero
Nah das cool ill just marry him
Mizuno Yui
Here's an ontopic question I haven't seen answered:

As far as practice goes, should one just endlessly stream those "Long stream practice" maps, or would playing maps with fast 3x or 5x bursts (faster than your streaming speed) increase your fast streaming ability?
Weed
170bpm to 240bpm is huge gl
Topic Starter
GlueStickHero
It ur hand that will feel my wrath. Be prepared failure ia likely
Topic Starter
GlueStickHero
I may be new but I believe it is better to stream longer ones instead of bursts. With bursts very kittle is used in terms of stamina ive found
buny
burst faster streams helps you burst even faster streams

you don't gain much if any stamina if you just do bursts, unless they're triples/fives in quick succession
Almost
Burst for speed and marathons/deathstreams for stamina. You don't really get any benefits for speed by grinding long slow streams.
Wishy
Practice.
buny

Almost wrote:

Burst for speed and marathons/deathstreams for stamina. You don't really get any benefits for speed by grinding long slow streams.
keep in mind you won't gain any stamina by training on long slow streams either
Almost

buny wrote:

Almost wrote:

keep in mind you won't gain any stamina by training on long slow streams either
Just play a bpm that will give you some sort of feeling in your forearm after a thousand or so combo.
RaneFire
Pretty much what everyone has said.

I still train at all speeds... Consistency, stamina, speed, the whole deal, they're all useful. They sort of increment up in that order respectively with BPM too.
120-170 BPM deathstreams for consistency
180-200 BPM deathstreams for stamina
200+ BPM bursts for speed

Wasn't always like that though, those limits raise themselves over time. I used to be:
not very consistent at all because I had no stamina
120-160 for stamina/consistency
170-190 for speed
200 was instant death :(
jesse1412

mentalac wrote:

As far as practice goes, should one just endlessly stream those "Long stream practice" maps, or would playing maps with fast 3x or 5x bursts (faster than your streaming speed) increase your fast streaming ability?
You can't stream long if you can't stream fast enough. Think about it logically.
Soulg

jesus1412 wrote:

mentalac wrote:

You can't stream long if you can't stream fast enough. Think about it logically.
pretty much.

the problem is finding what is right for you to be practicing, i started doing super hard streamy maps like lolicore and madmachine 210 bpm and they seem to be helping but then if i go and play a normal 210 bpm map it's as if i cant even stream 180 bpm.

really odd.
YukinoDesuDesu
-Chronopolis-

NixXSkate wrote:

bewaredrev wrote:

you can get faster at singletap then you'll probably end up alternating faster
I can singletap 320bpm 1/2s but I can't stream over 200bpm...
Streaming is done with the fingers instead of the wrist.
Can you do 7+ notes 1/2 chains single tap at 220 bpm? With both keys? Pressing with your fingers? Being able to that should help with streaming at similar speeds.
Almost

-Chronopolis- wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

I can singletap 320bpm 1/2s but I can't stream over 200bpm...
Streaming is done with the fingers instead of the wrist.
Can you do 7+ notes 1/2 chains single tap at 220 bpm? With both keys? Pressing with your fingers? Being able to that should help with streaming at similar speeds.
Not everyone single taps with their wrist you know.
Myke B
Probably the same way you went from easys to normals to hards to insanes.
PlasticSmoothie
Play both.
In order to learn speed I'd suggest shorter streams, then moving on to a deathstream with that same speed to learn consistency and control.
thatlaggynoob
Your keyboard has a huge effect on how much streaming stamina you have. I used to only be able to do 150BPM for 50ish combo before I bought my new keyboard. The day I started using my new keyboard I went from 150 -> 180BPM streaming and am able to stream for hundreds of notes more than I used to. Then again, my old keyboard would be able to support a full can of soda on the keys without any of them being pressed. I really think having a good keyboard is critical to your streaming stamina, the difference a new keyboard made to my streaming was VERY noticeable.
GoldenWolf

thatlaggynoob wrote:

I really think having a good keyboard is critical to your streaming stamina
More like, not having a keyboard that sucks is critical to your streaming lol, having a good keyboard is a plus but it's not critical to be good
Lolzy

GoldenWolf wrote:

thatlaggynoob wrote:

I really think having a good keyboard is critical to your streaming stamina
More like, not having a keyboard that sucks is critical to your streaming lol, having a good keyboard is a plus but it's not critical to be good
This
Topic Starter
GlueStickHero
That makes sense. My keyboard is a.... logitexh k260!!!!! Lololol
deletemyaccount
Buy a mechanical keyboard, there should be enough threads on here to tell you which one: I personally recommend a red swtich for osu!standard.
nooblet
I use a laptop keyboard... Mac, too = = probably why I can't stream shit past 200
Soulg
buying a mech keyboard is not giong to suddenly allow you to stream 200 bpm

you have to learn the muscle movement
buny

Soulg wrote:

a tablet does though
GoldenWolf

buny wrote:

Soulg wrote:

a tablet does though
Except a tablet doesn't allow you to stream 200BPM

but 300BPM
NotCookie_old
I got a tablet and a mechanical keyboard with red switches, then SS'd scarlet rose first try!
Soulg

buny wrote:

Soulg wrote:

a tablet does though
can confirm, with my new tablet i can now SS mad machine dthr
Gretsch
5 months means nothing when your play count is under 5k. That's an average of 1 song per day.

You should refer to the number of plays you have rather than how long you've had the game.
Soarezi

Soulg wrote:

can confirm, with my new tablet i can now SS mad machine dthr
I got new shoes, i DT SS'd mad machine, offline though. 8-)
NotCookie_old

Gretsch wrote:

5 months means nothing when your play count is under 5k. That's an average of 1 song per day.

You should refer to the number of plays you have rather than how long you've had the game.
You fail at maths.
Conspiration

NotCookie wrote:

Gretsch wrote:

You fail at maths.
Naaah man, there's 1000 days in a month and therefore 12000 Days in a year. He's right. 5 months means nothing when your play count is under 5k!
Soarezi

Gretsch wrote:

5 months = 30~x5 = 150 days, 150 days = 150 times played.
so what you're saying is, 5 months = 5000 days? goddamn
Gretsch
lol oops. I won't make excuses it was a pretty major brain fart
meteor22
the only way to increase stream bpm is to increase singletap bpm. if you improve your singletap then all your other skills (aim speed read) will improve automatically.
Almost

meteor22 wrote:

if you improve your singletap then all your other skills (aim speed read) will improve automatically.
Improving your single tapping speed improves your single tapping speed, it doesn't magically allow you to aim and read better.
Myke B

Almost wrote:

meteor22 wrote:

if you improve your singletap then all your other skills (aim speed read) will improve automatically.
Improving your single tapping speed improves your single tapping speed, it doesn't magically allow you to aim and read better.
True, but you don't just improve your single tapping without simultaneously doing other skills lol. Unless he just clicks one dot in the center a fuck ton of times.
Almost

Myke B wrote:

Almost wrote:

True, but you don't just improve your single tapping without simultaneously doing other skills lol. Unless he just clicks one dot in the center a fuck ton of times.
Could improve your single tapping speed through slow streams.
show more