forum

skill level relative to number of plays

posted
Total Posts
show more
Coffee Hero
You might be surprised by how close 30k and 43k are skill wise. If I were you I wouldn't worry about it and just try my best at improving.
Myke B
Meh.. Don't worry about it man. Just bump your number of plays per week up if you want to catch up. If you're improving, then that's all that matters.
Rewben2
I have a lot of plays/total hits for my rank (although I'm gaining ranks very quickly) and it doesn't bother me at all - I play because I enjoy it.
Guru
i used to play for rank so i have to retry alot, that make my play count seem high
Some people play for rank, some play for skill
now after thinking about it, im really stupid to play for rank at that time
Soulg
D) Stop tying your self-esteem to pixels
what.
Myke B

Soulg wrote:

D) Stop tying your self-esteem to pixels
what.
I second that what.
darkmiz
play count means nothing, some people retry a lot, some play offline, some make new accounts.
Myke B

darkmiz wrote:

play count means nothing, some people retry a lot, some play offline, some make new accounts.
Means nothing? I disagree.
Mathsma
Play count is the worst measure for skill. I spend nearly 50% of my time retrying a song within 5 seconds. Today I accumulated 500 plays in a row without finishing a single song. That's probably more play count than some people get in a week and I got it in a day.

Myke B wrote:

darkmiz wrote:

I'd say play count is next to useless and carries just as much value as ppv1 rankings did.
Myke B
means little is different than means nothing
NixXSkate
look at my stats then feel better :)

i was trash at this game (and still am lol), not being able to FC much insanes for my first ~30k plays lol
Guru

Myke B wrote:

darkmiz wrote:

almost nothing
Aka
playcount means nothing, ye.
Soly
Soulg

NixXSkate wrote:

look at my stats then feel better :)

i was trash at this game (and still am lol), not being able to FC much insanes for my first ~30k plays lol
you're great for stealing best performances though ;>
Wishy
So you are sad because you improve slower than your friends and feel inferior.

You either mess around too much or are indeed inferior.
Yano
Playcount says nothing ... the most of the 1-10k Player with a Playcount under 10k have played offline or smurfed
buny
or asian
deletemyaccount
18k playcount
still suck
wheres your god now
Wishy

buny wrote:

or asian
Indeed if you are asian you can get top DT scores with 30 PC.
YukinoDesuDesu
if only i also were a cookiezi...

/cries*
Myke B
well.. if you're worried about passing freedom dive with a 10k play count, I would say most would tell you your play count is too low, no? That's what I mean
YukinoDesuDesu

Myke B wrote:

well.. if you're worried about passing freedom dive with a 10k play count, I would say most would tell you your play count is too low, no? That's what I mean

Wishy wrote:

buny wrote:

or asian
Indeed if you are asian you can get top DT scores with 30 PC.
but but
requirement; 30 pc
Myke B
If you go past 30 - You're aren't Asian enough. No more than 30, no less than 30k. If you fall between the middle you're fucked.
pielak213
­
Topic Starter
xxdeathx
ITT: everyone with 4 digit ranks
GoldenWolf

Asiangodx2 wrote:

/cries*
Who?
iWhorse

xxdeathx wrote:

implying 4 digit rank takes remotely any skill to get, or rare

where you spend your plays is just as important as your playcount, from an improvement standpoint
Blueprint
Play count doesn't mean all that much I'm personally slow and sometimes just sometimes I sit there retrying 1 song 50 times, I play alot of songs I can't do at all because they're fun maps.(Mess around to much ) ^^
buny

xxdeathx wrote:

Performance: 804pp (#48,358)
Myke B

buny wrote:

xxdeathx wrote:

Performance: 804pp (#48,358)
I think he means everyone besides himself :/
tokaku
Some people learn faster than others. Like it took me 5k+ plays to decently do an insane while others take only 1k+. Play count isn't very accurate but it tells people how much effort the person is putting.
YukinoDesuDesu

GoldenWolf wrote:

Asiangodx2 wrote:

/cries*
Who?
iderekmc
LOL tom94 has 14k plays and is rank 97. LOOOOL
Play Count: 14,732
Mathsma

iderekmc wrote:

That isn't his first account, he was banned on another account and peppy let him use Pancake which he then changed his name to Tom94.
iderekmc

Mathsma wrote:

iderekmc wrote:

That isn't his first account, he was banned on another account and peppy let him use Pancake which he then changed his name to Tom94.
ah okok xD
Shivarion

TSC wrote:

You might be surprised by how close 30k and 43k are skill wise. If I were you I wouldn't worry about it and just try my best at improving.
Approved
thatlaggynoob
If you ever need to feel good about your time to skill ratio just take a look at my profile. 20K plays and I'm rank...20K.

I blame it on my complete inability to stream anything above 160BPM.
Soarezi

thatlaggynoob wrote:

If you ever need to feel good about your time to skill ratio just take a look at my profile. 20K plays and I'm rank...20K.

I blame it on my complete inability to stream anything above 160BPM.
If i were you, i'd blame the shittiness on not playing maps that you can't FC, and instead farm Hards.
Nakage
It's easy. Just do what I do and play 12 hour days for 3 months straight (because I don't have a life due to medical issues, woo), then you can get to top 5k with only 3k plays!

To be honest though, the only reason I got to this rank though is because of what I have to go through (which results in me being able to play these 12 hour days in the first place.) I would rather be a low rank with high plays than to be a high rank with low plays due to circumstance.

I would be less concerned with "How many ranks can I get in X plays?" and more with "What rank do I want to be and how determined am I to get there?" As Michelangelo once said "If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all."
show more