forum

[resolved] Change behavior of Automatically start osu!direct downloads

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +58
Topic Starter
Ayu
So after a brief discussion in the #modhelp channel, I decided to request this behavior change of the "Automatically start osu!direct downloads".

The feature is extremely useful when you're either spectating someone, or if you are in a multiplayer match, or when you're just playing the game. On the other hand, when you're taking a break from playing and spend your time modding a map or making a map, it's quite obnoxious when it automatically downloads a map from #modreqs if you want to listen to the preview.

We had some quite nice idea's in #modhelp while discussing, for example:
Automatically download while spectating or in a multiplayer match, left click to instantly download a map and right click for the normal osu!direct panel behavior.

Anyone else sharing the same opinion? Maybe a better working solution?

Collecting some great opinions/ideas/posts

Tear wrote:

Current behavior makes the feature too annoying to be useful. Ayu's solution actually eliminates the need for a toggle. I just think leftclick should work like it does now, and rightclick should download - so it wouldn't confuse everyone when the patch is out.

Loctav wrote:

Left click for normal behavior and right click for automated download behavior. Since left-click is the more common "movement", it doesn't let you accidently download stuff when you left-click it. Since left-clicking is more frequent, letting the "non automated" functionality land on the left click makes more sense. Right-clicking objects is way more "intended" and therefore we can put the automatic download there.
Kyshiro
Support

Would vote if i could :c

nvm i can vote hue.
Tear
Support, current behavior makes the feature too annoying to be useful. Ayu's solution actually eliminates the need for a toggle. I just think leftclick should work like it does now, and rightclick should download - so it wouldn't confuse everyone when the patch is out.
Hula
Seems like a painless feature to add, but a really nice and useful one to have.
Loctav

Ayu wrote:

Automatically download while spectating or in a multiplayer match, left click to instantly download a map and right click for the normal osu!direct panel behavior.
I actually suggested the reversed. Left click for normal behavior and right click for automated download behavior. Since left-click is the more common "movement", it doesn't let you accidently download stuff when you left-click it. Since left-clicking is more frequent, letting the "non automated" functionality land on the left click makes more sense. Right-clicking objects is way more "intended" and therefore we can put the automatic download there.
Lust
Love this idea. Would be nice to see this implemented, such a hassle as it is now.
peppy
I will change automatic download to only apply to spectator/multiplayer.