forum

Multiball Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
pieguyn
huh I guess it was the mafia QT instead. I know you said smth about you not expecting me to be fooled by your play that game 0.0
lmao I don't even remember what it was. fwiw, that was a really weak reason for even accusing you :P

ed: I just realized it was originally you + fartownik in that game and then he replaced out. this seems familiar
Chamelo

Sephibro wrote:

also farto, caligno's role and yours were so fucking op
Doesn't Day Kill is more OP? XD
I'm sure that if there's D5, Tsukasa will be proded. (Where the fuck are you? :D )

When we lynch Caligno, it's totally unexpected for me that Caligno is fire. I just thought that Dake-Caligno is ice scum. :o
NoHitter
Fun fact, me and Sephi were going to use the one-shot Doc on himself on N1 anyway. That blanket no kill saved us an ability :)

Also Caligno, how the hell did I look null to you? I was playing my usual "town" self. In fact Sephi told me to stop looking townie (which I never quite did).
NoHitter
Also funner fact, I didn't realize I hammered Caligno and that was really a summary post.
Amianki
You misunderstand. You didn't read null to me. To me, you looked like you were TRYING to read null.
DakeDekaane
I told you to lynch NH too :(

This thing of acting careless didn't work for me (maybe because there were two factions, idk)
Chamelo

DakeDekaane wrote:

I told you to lynch NH too :(

This thing of acting careless didn't work for me (maybe because there were two factions, idk)
Sorry, I didn't trust you at that time. :?

I should tell pieguy to convince everybody to lynch NH.
But since pieguy 1v1 Caligno, there's no way we can change a topic that immediately.
NoHitter

CalignoBot wrote:

You misunderstand. You didn't read null to me. To me, you looked like you were TRYING to read null.
I love the fact that when I try to act town, I read null -_-
Raging Bull
Why post game so active
Topic Starter
Sakura
Fun Fact.

Irre's ability was pretty much a global doc, farto could still had strongman'd sephibro
Amianki
...The wording didn't indicate that at all :/

EDIT:

Alright pieguy, here's my goods because I noticed MS came back up and I promised.

[quote="CalignoBot, Post 3071":1337]
Brandi
d3x
pieceofpecanpie

Bella
Elscouta

Andrius
InflatablePie
Cephrir
Kthxbye
Nexus
PeregrineV
Sajin
Venmar

CF Riot
NachoMamma8
Amianki
[quote="CalignoBot, Post 3412":1337]
Brandi is nearly confirmed town to me unless d3x flips scum.I had to split this into two posts because these forums do really stupid shit to these quotes for some retarded reason.
Sephibro

Sakura wrote:

Irre's ability was pretty much a global doc, farto could still had strongman'd sephibro
another mod note: scum teams should be mirror next time, with the same exact abilities
Amianki
Both teams had a JoaT and a Vote-Manipulating ability

???

Besides, making them exactly the same would kind of be a huge red flag.
Sephibro
what do you mean with red flag?
Amianki
People with the exact same power role is incredibly rare in games smaller than like 20-25 people. Just both people claiming the same thing would instantly mean at least one of them would be lynched, while the other would be a heavily favored target afterwards.
NoHitter

CalignoBot wrote:

People with the exact same power role is incredibly rare in games smaller than like 20-25 people. Just both people claiming the same thing would instantly mean at least one of them would be lynched, while the other would be a heavily favored target afterwards.
Actually if one is lynched, wouldn't the other be "confirmed"?
Amianki
That fully depends.

I didn't reveal the fact that there was another vote in the game because it would have drawn too much attention to the doublevoters. There was also a lot of quirky shenanigans I could have pulled with it, but that's irrelevant right now.

If it becomes clear to one of the mafia teams that one pair were exactly the same, then the second mafia on the opposite team claimed something that matched his role exactly, then suddenly that first mafia team gains a huge advantage. It's a way for one mafia team to know the entire identity of the other team, and the second team won't even know until they've been exterminated or the game ends. It's a very swingy thing that could turn an otherwise solid strategy into a losing one just from that alone.

Having similar roles (as was done here) doesn't give as much of a clue as to who the scum are based on roles alone. It's even less of an indication if the town has one as well.
Sephibro
just saying caligno, i played this game under the assumption that the two scumteams were perfectly mirrors - in a game like this you have infinite fakeclaim possibilities, even a lot of safe ones thanks to a joat in your team
mirror scum teams would make the game more interesting and more balanced, just that
Topic Starter
Sakura
Fire and Ice are opposed, so I figured i'd give both JOATs powers that are the opposite of each other. Also the hidden ability of the goons was originally completely opposite (double voter vs an ability that makes someone voteless) but i decided on the vote freeze since it was more themed to ice in the ice team.
Sephibro
this lore>balance reminds me of Blizzard