forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ekaru

rust45 wrote:

Well that's the problem, you're in doubles. You can't really sweep in doubles because if a potential threat shows up, it's obvious the opponent is going to gang up on it. Obviously gimmicks are much harder to come by in singles though and I can see why you're trying to do what you're doing.
Wildly ganging up on things in Doubles against human opponents leads to them using Protect with that Pokemon and oh look your turn's wasted. ;P
Sapphiire_old_1

Who else just loves those espur memes ? :)
Trash Boat
em, nobody?
Jinxy
Just had a really good double battle that went down to the wire. 6DWG-WWWW-WWW3-P3JK

I was going to just play my gimmick and call it a day but he easily shut it down due to my lack of experience. The resulting battle was a really enjoyable one.
rust45
Wait, shiny Greninja with rock slide and taunt? Did I fight you on Battle Spot singles last night? (Wait, just checked my battle videos and I saved that battle, guy had an interesting Greninja set that did surprise me though, flinch hax at the end didn't help either. F7ZW-WWWW-WWW3-P5D4)
I hate you for even attempting that bright powder minimize shit
Really nice battle regardless, you got pretty bad luck with some of your rock slides though.

Guess I can post a couple of my notable battle videos.

6QBW-WWWW-WWW3-ZCFY
First time I got a good use out of my Malamar set, obviously sent the other guy for a loop.

NFRW-WWWW-WWW3-P55L
Really close doubles battle I had with a friend. Almost thought I had him at the end too.

Does anyone else dislike that you can't look at random battle videos anymore? You HAVE to know the code for the video and look it up now. I miss not being able to just watch random videos cause that was really nice to just waste time and see what other people were doing with their sets.

EDIT: Freeze-hax and crit-hax out the Wazzu: L43W-WWWW-WWW3-N5HK
Jinxy
I haven't played battlespot singles in a while. I prefer 6v6 singles with more options instead of "oh you chose the 3 wrong pokemon gg", or doubles.
NaomiMinette
So apparently we get a free Celebi using Pokémon Bank anytime before September 30, 2014. Cool stuff.

Serebii wrote:

The Celebi is Level 10 when downloaded and has Recover, Heal Bell, a new move called Hold Back, which acts like False Swipe, and Safeguard. it is downloaded by accessing the Pokémon Link option that will appear on the main menu of Pokémon Bank
Topic Starter
deadbeat

Blazevoir wrote:

So apparently we get a free Celebi using Pokémon Bank anytime before September 30, 2014. Cool stuff.

Serebii wrote:

The Celebi is Level 10 when downloaded and has Recover, Heal Bell, a new move called Hold Back, which acts like False Swipe, and Safeguard. it is downloaded by accessing the Pokémon Link option that will appear on the main menu of Pokémon Bank
i want.
never had a celebi before :<
NaomiMinette
I hope they plan on doing something for Mew, Jirachi (depends), Manaphy, Shaymin, and Victini later. After thinking back to the movies and animé episodes that had them, I regret just picking some of them up (particularly in Gen IV) without even caring about what Nature they were ._.
mm201
I still have Darkrai and Shaymin ready and waiting to be caught in Platinum. :P And Victini on BW, but mainly for EV training.
NaomiMinette
Ooh, thanks for reminding me. I still need to transfer the Darkrai, Heatran, and Shaymin I have on my Pokémon Ranger games. (There are also two Manaphy Eggs, but those are probably gonna be a last resort-kinda thing.)

EDIT:

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon Bank Requirements

It has been announced by Nintendo of Japan that, before you can download Pokémon Bank onto your Nintendo 3DS, you need to set up a Nintendo Network ID. This ID system was implemented on the Nintendo 3DS last week with the latest system update and can be the same Nintendo Network ID as registered on the Wii U. This can be done when you load up the eShop or in the System Settings of the 3DS console.
Not surprising, to be honest. It'd be kinda weird if you didn't need one.
Shohei Ohtani
mfw I realize that I never caught Lugia in SoulSilver

mfw I need to play through the entire game again so I can have all of my pokewaifus

mfw
Trash Boat
NaomiMinette
Just go look it up. It's something off-topic in this thread.
mathexpert

battler077 wrote:

sorry to ask this but whats a waifu? some kind of waffle?
lol how in the world did you associate "waifu" with a waffle
NaomiMinette
Can we please get back on topic before this gets any worse?
Trash Boat
yeah sorry
The XY anime series of Pokémon will arrive in January 18th at 8.30 am (ET, PT)in Cartoon Network, along with remastered movies
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/% ... rt_Jan._18
NaomiMinette
Azure_Kite
"What are you doing touching me there! How DARE YOU."
Ciunek
I-it's not like I want you to pet me or anything, stupid!

... lol.
NaomiMinette
^ All my want D=

Anyway, this Friday... MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Azure_Kite
So I was doing the math on NEDM's lucky Master Ball win in the Lottery, and I have come to the conclusion that even if you have every single box and your party full with pokemon with different IDs from one another, you will still have a maximum 0.852% chance of obtaining a Master Ball from the Lottery.

Fun stuff.
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

So I was doing the math on NEDM's lucky Master Ball win in the Lottery, and I have come to the conclusion that even if you have every single box and your party full with pokemon with different IDs from one another, you will still have a maximum 0.852% chance of obtaining a Master Ball from the Lottery.

Fun stuff.
Isn't that about the same rate as finding a shiny Pokémon with a max PokéRadar Chain/in a Friend Safari?
Azure_Kite
As far as I'm aware, the rates of getting a shiny with the PokeRadar haven't changed in X/Y. That's apparently around a 1 in 200 chance (0.5%), or at least it was in D/P/Pl

The rate of a Master Ball with all the boxes full of different trainer IDs is about 1 in 118.
NaomiMinette
Heh... I'd have better luck with getting a Master Ball in Black 2/White 2. Too bad we can't attach items when we Gen V -> Gen VI transfer ._.
Shohei Ohtani

Azure_Kite wrote:

Fun stuff.
lol I won one

To be even more convenient, it was with a pokemon in my party, lol.
NaomiMinette
I've yet to get one on my Y... I've gotten two on my White 2, though. Then again, that doesn't use ID's.
Stefan

=u=
NaomiMinette

Stefan wrote:

=u=
Whatever that is, it's not showing.
Trash Boat
hey sorry if this is old news but my lil bro said that Mega Gengar and Mega Kangaskhan could be banned from Online battles. is this true? and if this is true, why?
Jinxy
They're banned by Smogon rules, which only apply to online simulators. You can still use them on wifi battles.

Also, who's transferring Misdreavus from Pokebank? Could I have one too?
NaomiMinette
I could probably breed one once I finish transferring... all... 660+... Pokémon... from my White 2... GAH!

And then there's the other 100 or so on my Black for something else.
Jinxy
After talking to Pas and googling, apparently Pokeradar has a new chaining "tier" of sorts.

At 40 streak, the shiny rate was thought to be maxed out, and pokemon had 2 guaranteed perfect IVs. By extension, the Friend Safari functions like a constant 40-streak.

However, at 60-streak, the amount of perfect IVs becomes 3 instead, which is interesting. The shiny rate might also be even higher in that case.

Of course, the problem is even reaching a 60-streak
NaomiMinette

Jinxy wrote:

Of course, the problem is even reaching a 60-streak
Forget that... I can't even reach a 20-streak...
Azure_Kite
<10 streak. Represent!
Trash Boat
nvm that wasnt me
Azure_Kite
How are you not banned yet?
Jinxy
It's annoying, but I don't see how talking about stuff everyone knew years ago is exactly a bannable offense
NaomiMinette
battler077, go away. That's like so many years old now -_- And for your information, Black/White Kyurem aren't actually "new" Pokémon; they're just temporary Formes.

Actually, don't even post here unless it's ACTUALLY new news.

Jinxy wrote:

It's annoying, but I don't see how talking about stuff everyone knew years ago is exactly a bannable offense
If enough people complain about it... well...
Rorona

battler077 wrote:

for those that really want to complete the Dex but they dont have 5th gen, i recommend Black 2/White 2, because theres a new Pokémon there called Black Kyurem/White Kyurem. the Pokémon will differ accord to the version you are playing, and each Pokémon will have a signature move thats called Ice Burn(30% Burn) and Freeze Shock(30% Paralysis). thats only possible if you have Reshiram/Zekrom, Kyurem and a key item called DNA Splicers(i wonder if that could be transfered). besides, theres new forms of Landorus, Tornadus, Thundurus and Keldeo. to switch Keldeo to its Resolute form, he must learn the Secret Sword move. to switch the Trio, you must get the Reveal Glass
This isn't even relevant to the topic.

By the way, when DOES the pokebank come out? I haven't been keeping up with the thread.
show more