forum

PlayStation Club

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
New Borderlands DLC coming out soon. Also, LBP is finally getting water in the form of Pirates of the Caribbean DLC.
Atmey
Is LBP the game with the most DLCs?
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I think Rock Band 2 trumps everything, but I don't think that counts cause that's just cheating. Burnout Paradise has a lot of DLC, too. LBP just has a lot of costumes and stickers and random crap.
awp
Disgaea 3 had like 30 characters and a new story mode via DLC. It was alright.

Borderlands DLC? Bah, they should've worked on optimizing the game's engine =\
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Man, the people who should've been optimizing their engine instead of releasing tons of DLC is Bethesda, man. At least I could get through the Borderlands DLC without a dozen freezes and glitches.
Zaron_old
LBP's DLC is largely costumes and stickers, but there's a few decent kits and a music pack if you're into level creation at all.

Disgaea's DLC was largely characters, a few new chapters about Beryl, and some additional Item World modes for hardcore enthusiasts that came with online leaderboards and such for those who haven't sunk enough of their life into the game yet. The downside of most of the DLC is that you had to have cleared the game's story to access it, particularly the additional characters. Also, the pricing is a bit wonky - if you get the mass download pack, you're actually paying about half a dollar more than you would be getting all the things individually. I guess you're paying for the convenience, but the idea of bundles is typically to encourage you to get the whole mess for a lower price (LBP's costumes follow that rule), so NIS drops the ball a bit there.

On the other hand, most of the stuff in Cross Edge wound up being free, even if it is fairly small doses of content. I've heard mixed reactions to CE tho, so I've not gotten it.

No, I've been playing FFX. I am so hip and trendy.
awp
yeah I don't get it, they're not exactly crooked - some NIS DLC is free, some of it's a great price, and some of it is...I mean, what the hell. All that DLC is what, 45? If it were 30, it'd be an okay deal, if it were 20, it'd be good.

Me, I was going to start playing KH2:FM+ (I did play it for about 20 minutes actually) but my Japanese is still far too weak for it to be worth my time, so I'm going to give Shadow of the Colossus a try, since I've had it for over a year. Apparently it's one of the greatest games ever made, so I guess I'm in for a treat.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Oh man, I love Shadow of the Colossus. Too bad they aren't doing anything like it with The Last Guardian. Screw innovation, I want more Colossus, dammit.
Atmey
I beat the first boss in Shadow of the Colossus, then spent the next 15 minutes wandering around. Trying to reach the next boss, then I said WTF am I doing and turned it off. Sometimes I regret that, but riding poorly controlled horse for a long time is boring.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, some of the bosses were kinda hard to find. Some of the bosses sucked, like the bird thing and the flying sand worm thing. Some are just awesome though.
Zaron_old
I have a buddy who picked that up recently. His reactions are a bit mixed, not sure if he likes it or not really...
awp

Atmey wrote:

I beat the first boss in Shadow of the Colossus, then spent the next 15 minutes wandering around. Trying to reach the next boss, then I said WTF am I doing and turned it off. Sometimes I regret that, but riding poorly controlled horse for a long time is boring.
Second boss took me a bit too, since there's that HUGE BRIDGE and the boss is on the OTHER SIDE but there's a little tiny stone bridge off to the left of that bridge

also horse confused me at first, but it handles almost exactly like a car. Left turns left, right turns right, tap X a couple times then hold it to drive forward.
Zaron_old
New LBP DLC next week. Pirates of the Carribean, apparently, getting the MGS treatment and adding in water at long last to the game.

LBP is awesome in that they don't need sequels to update the thing. i'm oddly fond of this stuff.
awp
LBP GotY get!
EEeee
OMG DANTE'S INFERNO HAS JUST SENT ME A MESSAGE OF CRAP

VO IS TERRIBLE/RANDOM
Gameplay was not as good at GOW, nothing made me wanna enjoy the play time
RANDOM Shirtless girls, i mean c'mon, i've seen those in GOW, no need here, it's pretty much just copying GOW, and made it one of the worst DEMOS I played >_< (dude my 9 year old bro was with me ;_;)

uhhh just plz, i really want to kill myself if i buy this game, it even sent a message of "GO TO HELL" probably meaning if u buy this terrible game, u'll probably end up in hell :/

if this is really based on a Poem, i hope the poem wasn't as bad.

uhhh. w/e i just hated the demo, wasn't good >O<
Zaron_old
"not as good as GoW" doesn't make it a bad game. >___> Kinda tired of people acting surprised when something copies a successful formula, then later bitches if there's too little of it (see: "Why aren't there any Zelda-like games?" Probably because they're tired of being compared to a series that keeps getting 9+/10 scores).

Dante's Inferno demo wasn't bad, but the start definitely felt pretty clunky. Once they let me start unlocking some of the moveset and fleshed it out a bit it was a lot better. Not a huge fan of having to pull on those fountains for stuff, tho. Let me use the big scythe to smash things. Srsly.

The poem, the Divine Comedy, is more than a little responsible for how we depict Hell in most fiction today. I've never read it, but given it's age and your chatspeak I'd take the wager you wouldn't care for it, either.

Regardless of if it's good or bad, tho, it doesn't hold a candle to Bayonetta. b:
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
The biggest problem I could forsee with Dante is the absolve/punish thing to get XP. That was only a demo and it already felt tedious to do that crap. There's just no good reason you should have to do that to get XP.
rust45
I played the Army of Two 40th day demo with my brother, and dear god was it annoying, we sucked at the game and we got stuck at this one part where every time we died we would have to watch another cutscene, it got so tiresome we just gave up.
awp

rust45 wrote:

every time we died we would have to watch another cutscene
Games still do that? I thought they learned after the early PS2 era that it was unacceptable.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
They don't lets you skip cutscenes, which is just stupid. Especially when half the cutscenes in that demo were long and unnecessary. But I liked the gameplay and co-op and I don't suck and stuff, so I mostly liked it.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I waited from 11 to 12:30 last night to download the MAG beta thing just to finally find out that you can't even play it until the 4th. The servers are closed. Man, I was pissed.
awp
yaaay my brother bought Gunstar Heroes finally I can play multiplayer with someone
rust45
Has anyone here played the Fat Princess demo? The demo makes me want to shell out the 15 bucks for the full game but I'm gonna wait till after Christmas cause I still have some last minute shopping to do.

But the game is just awesome, the online matches are fast paced and don't lag and theres quite a good deal of strategy involved. The only problem is that some of your teammates can be retarded.
adam2046
Brother got Arkham Asylum on Christmas Eve.
I got Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 on Christmas.
My brother went out and bought Far Cry 2, Assassin's Creed 2 and CoD 4.

...So there's a lot to get through. (And I still haven't finished Resistance 1 and 2)

Uncharted 2 has some fucking great level design.
Edit: Playing the tutorial level again after an action packed sequence, not so fun...
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, it starts out too slow. The whole sneaky section in the beginning seemed like a good idea until you got to the other 99% action part of the game.
Skyripper
yeah adam I reallllly loved uncharted 2 as well!
awp
God of War Collection for 20 bux ;D yay
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Oh my God. After playing a well designed game like Uncharted 2, Modern Warfare 2 is just the most broken-feeling game I've ever played. I'm playing on the second hardest diff. right now, which I thought would make it more fun and intense. But really, this game is just I Spy: The FPS. Pop out, try to figure out where the hell the instantaneous bullet-fire is coming from, go back around the corner, heal, pop out, attempt to shoot before you're killed, fail, retry. It doesn't help that the enemies spawn endlessly half the time. It's fun to beat a hard room and wipe out all the dudes. I dunno. Whatever. Thought the game would at least meet my low expectations. Spec Ops better be fun.
lukewarmholiday
They release at least one new main series title like every year, do you expect extreme polish?
awp
I would; being a cash cow isn't an acceptable substitute for poor performance.

Why are people still buying this shit if it's not even polished?
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I honestly thought that 5 million units sold in 5 days meant the game couldn't have possibly sucked as much as I thought it would. Everything looks fine on video and everything, but it's just...not fun. I had no way of knowing. It's a pretty polished game as far as technical shit goes, but it's just not fun or exciting. I haven't died this much since Mirror's Edge. I've played plenty of unpolished, but FUN games. I guess this game is just too stuck up its own ass to feel like being fun.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Modern Warfare 2 Veteran difficulty: beaten

Bayonetta: obtained

1,000 trophies: obtained
lukewarmholiday
Tell me if the Bayonetta lag is as bad as people say. Loading times I have no issues with.

Also MW2 is fine on your first runthrough, higher difficulties are more about luck and using foresight.
Rolled
Seibei you are doing it wrong.

Nobody bought mw2 for single player.
lukewarmholiday
But MW2's multiplayer is shit if you hold any remote FPS skill at all.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Well, I did MW2 wrong because I played Hardened first. I tried Vet first, but that was waaaay too hard at the time. I thought it'd be fun cause RE5 sure as hell was fun on Veteran. I got MW2 for the Spec Ops. The only way I'll touch MP is if the DLC map pack shit comes with trophies. And even then, I might just say fuck it.

As for Bayonetta, I haven't found a single, tiny bit of slowdown or lag yet. The loading times are there, and some are pretty stupid, like loading the start menu and stuff, but yeah, no lag so far. But I'm only up to chapter 5. I've been thorough, so it's been slow going.
awp

Rolled wrote:

Seibei you are doing it wrong.

Nobody bought mw2 for single player.
afaik the CoD games are only good in the single player campaign

at least that is the word I have heard from people whose taste in games I have respect for
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Maybe the first one, but I'm pretty sure people just play this sequel for the MP. Most of the people I know who have this game don't have a single trophy because they only play MP and that mode has no trophies. Rolled knows what I'm talking about.
Atmey

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Tell me if the Bayonetta lag is as bad as people say. Loading times I have no issues with.
Yeah, blue dragon was worse. no issues with gameplay yet (chp 3).
lukewarmholiday

Atmey wrote:

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Yeah, blue dragon was worse. no issues with gameplay yet (chp 3).
Well for one, the american release was supposed to be somewhat more tuned than the japanese PS3 release, and people said the noticeable slowdown doesn't hit untill late game like chapter 14. Although, most topics about the lag talk about how noticeable the difference between 30 and 60 fps is.(hardly any other than it looks a little more clean)

Also I finally got my PS3 and Valkyria Chronicles and MGS4.

Valkyria Chronicles is fun. Thankfully despite the turn based system, both sides units attack when they see someone running from cover to cover. Probably one of the farthest games you can be from turned based while still being turn based :V
show more