forum

Poll 15: Would you buy an osu! graphics tablet?

posted
Total Posts

Would you buy an osu! branded graphics tablet?

Yes
74.17%
No
25.83%
Total votes: 240
Polling ended
show more
X E L_old
can't wait to get one :D
Arras

Dexus wrote:

I know of a lot of people that want to get this because of it's price

waiting warmly intensifies

I really would like to have one of these tablets. Next step would be some sort of two key mechanical controller of some sort. That'd be amazing. Moar osu! products!
I'd rather have 8 key (or at least 7) for obvious reasons :P

But yeah, can't wait to get one of these. I've wanted to try osu with a tablet for quite some time now and this'll be the perfect opportunity.
Jafem

Arras wrote:

Dexus wrote:

I know of a lot of people that want to get this because of it's price

waiting warmly intensifies

I really would like to have one of these tablets. Next step would be some sort of two key mechanical controller of some sort. That'd be amazing. Moar osu! products!
I'd rather have 8 key (or at least 7) for obvious reasons :P

But yeah, can't wait to get one of these. I've wanted to try osu with a tablet for quite some time now and this'll be the perfect opportunity.
mechanical controller... why would that be good for. Osumainia?
Dexus

Wilault wrote:

Awesome, kind of like a cooler version of this: http://www.huion-tablet.com/product/pro ... p?sku=1008

Same brand, similar specs, similar pricing, similar size

and I was just planning on buying a Huion tab :O
Same Company
Jafem
the real question is
is it a high quality company or is it just some random cheap company that makes stuff that breaks after like 5 weeks?
Wilault

Peekii wrote:

the real question is
is it a high quality company or is it just some random cheap company that makes stuff that breaks after like 5 weeks?
I looked them up and they seem to be a rather formidable company.

While I haven't personally haven't tried them reviews generally claim their products to be of good value and build quality, they also compare very well to some other brands.

Also some people do sometimes have driver issues there aren't many tabs that never get issues with drivers.

You should check out some videos on other tabs by Huion on Youtube, the company seems alright but you can't really know what to expect off the osu! tab until it actually comes out.
Daniel58[MC]
I already have a tablet if I wouldnt and I was going to buy one I would probably get it.
Jafem

Wilault wrote:

Peekii wrote:

the real question is

While I haven't personally haven't tried them reviews generally claim their products to be of good value and build quality, they also compare very well to some other brands.

Also some people do sometimes have driver issues there aren't many tabs that never get issues with drivers.

You should check out some videos on other tabs by Huion on Youtube, the company seems alright but you can't really know what to expect off the osu! tab until it actually comes out.
ah okay. I have hard people claiming that wacom is the best company and everything else is just shitty junk companys. Is this true or is it just what people say to be a fanboy of the brand wacom
Wilault

Peekii wrote:

Wilault wrote:

ah okay. I have hard people claiming that wacom is the best company and everything else is just shitty junk companys. Is this true or is it just what people say to be a fanboy of the brand wacom
Wacom has definitely been the best for a long time. Recently some other companies have shown some merit but I'd say Wacom would be the most reliable albeit the price is very high for the specs, but it is still worth it for pros like artists and stuff.

From most reviews I have seen, Huion is one of the best alternatives to Wacom but then again I haven't tried it myself.
Jafem
but what makes Wacom so good. I mean what is it that wacom have that others dont?
boat
Decent tablets.

The only remotely comparable tablet from Huion is in fact 10 bucks more expensive so there goes the argument of money (to be fair it is a tiny bit bigger than the new bamboos labeled intous which I suppose justifies it), but by all means if you're looking for something to click circles with, buy the cheapest piece of junk available, i.e the rubbish peppy is trying to shove onto you guys.

Neither company or brand name is better as it comes down to what the consumer is looking for, wacom having a monopoly doesn't "make them the best", but if to actually take a look at the products they do got better tablets which of course generally have a higher price tag.
TakuMii

Peekii wrote:

but what makes Wacom so good. I mean what is it that wacom have that others dont?
Wacom holds the patent for battery-less pens (meaning that all of their competition, including this osu! tablet, requires their pens to be powered by a AAA battery). Their tablets also have a reputation for being well-built and durable (I know at least 2 people IRL who still have functioning Wacom Graphires).
Jafem
ah i see. but is there anything goo about battery pens
Sorun

YayMii wrote:

Peekii wrote:

Wacom holds the patent for battery-less pens (meaning that all of their competition, including this osu! tablet, requires their pens to be powered by a AAA battery). Their tablets also have a reputation for being well-built and durable (I know at least 2 people IRL who still have functioning Wacom Graphires).
N-Trig has battery less active digitizers?

Peekii wrote:

ah i see. but is there anything goo about battery pens
\

More hover distance
TakuMii

Sorun wrote:

N-Trig has battery less active digitizers?
The patent ran out somewhat recently, so only a few other companies are using the technology.
tokaku
I want an osu!tablet
LordDios
I will definitely buy one of these peppy, please keep us posted I want one out of the first batch :)
TimKuchiki

LordDios wrote:

I will definitely buy one of these peppy, please keep us posted I want one out of the first batch :)
Same.
Shozonu
I'd buy one, but personally, I would prefer if the osu!tablet came in a larger active area.
Skvimpa
Been 2 weeks since it went into mass production now, can we get an estimate soon?

Also, will they be sold on the webpage? Have you heard anything more about the price?

An update would be swell.
Jafem
Yeah He said the he would ship it worldwide and the price will be around 30$
dodongo
Black friday sale? :3
lovelace
How about an osu! branded mouse?

And mouse mat.

Maybe a monitor.

What about an OS?

Oh, even a PC case.

Ah! Also a GPU.

CPU too.

Heat sink, ram, hdd etc...
Te Amo

TheBetterRed wrote:

How about an osu! branded mouse?

And mouse mat.

Maybe a monitor.

What about an OS?

Oh, even a PC case.

Ah! Also a GPU.

CPU too.

Heat sink, ram, hdd etc...
I'd end up byuing them too...
tokaku

Peekii wrote:

Yeah He said the he would ship it worldwide and the price will be around 30$
That's even cheaper than my tablet darn it.
And my tablet was considered really cheap ($100)
I probably should've waited for osu!tablet. It's pretty and I like the tablet area.
TimKuchiki
Can we have an update on when the tablets will be available for purchase?
Aeren

TimKuchiki wrote:

Also -very- curious to know this.
Jafem

Xanzure wrote:

TimKuchiki wrote:

Also -very- curious to know this.
that I want to also know hehe
Brettis
we all do
Topic Starter
peppy
The first batch have been shipped today to my location. I have no ETA for when they will be ready to go out to users, as I have a lot more planning at my end, but providing information as I can :).
OsuMe65
good to hear that :D
embarg0

peppy wrote:

The first batch have been shipped today to my location. I have no ETA for when they will be ready to go out to users, as I have a lot more planning at my end, but providing information as I can :).
Thanks for the update! Excited to purchase one!
Sorun

peppy wrote:

My wallet is excited! Make sure to hold me one and I want a ppy autograph :)
Aeren

peppy wrote:

Awesome. Very excited. :)
TimKuchiki
Thanks for giving us an update! My wallet is ready! :D
progamer1314
well, this poll has been 1 year plus LMAO anyway, my wallet is full of cashhhh noW!!!!!##@$@#$@@$#%#%@# please make singapore available although u said will try your best to send to everywhere LOL
Thezooyork1000
where will this be sold at :!:
Topic Starter
peppy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27RkPY5lWBw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb_HMyEsEjk

played by Frostmourne. No drivers loaded (full tablet area being used).
uzzi

Thezooyork1000 wrote:

where will this be sold at :!:
Probably the osu!Amazon store
0nyx
"note that this is an early prototype and the design is not final!"

So I guess that means it isn't getting released soon and we'll have to wait a few more months?
show more