forum

[invalid] Live2D in osu?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
DieOrYouWillDie
Live2D - Interactive 3D animation of 2D images

Could this have a future in osu? Emagine her following every move of your cursor while you play :D!

deadbeat
sounds like a huge distraction to me
Stefan
Ask in 20 years again.

But no, why would we ever need this?
Rio-

deadbeat wrote:

sounds like a huge distraction to me
And also consider that 3D Animation = Need more HDD Space and PC-Consume...
XPJ38
Totally useless. Besides when playing osu!, you don't really focus on what's in the background so you would never see her.

Can safely invalidate this.
Sea_Food
:lol: Im not sure i understood the video.
I think it was 14 years ago or something when i first saw a game where someones eyes followed the cursor on the screen, and in 100 games after that.
Also there are maybe hundreds of 3D games that have that 2D anime artstyle.

What i have never seen is either of these in osu! To make this sort of thing happen you could just make a video/storyboard where there is a character that follows where the cursor should be if the player moves it according to the beatmap. I dont think following the real cursor where ever the player moves it is possible with the current recourses in osu! thou. Your suggestion could be nice.

Ignore what deadbeat is saying, because it makes no sense. There are already tons of storyboard/backgrounds/vidoes/skins that are 1000 times more distracting than this could even theoraticly be. Including but no limited to shit like this.

XPJ38 wrote:

Totally useless. Besides when playing osu!, you don't really focus on what's in the background so you would never see her.

Can safely invalidate this.
So video/storyboard support is compleatly worthless in this game according to your words.
What
What
deadbeat
tag stays. you're listing of extreme examples that don't show of the average level of skin/storyboard. if you're going to use examples. don't use extremes.
btw, no one move this thread. testing something.
XPJ38

Sea_Food wrote:

So video/storyboard support is compleatly worthless in this game according to your words.
What
What
I didn't say this. SBs can be wondeful additions to beatmaps. But the goal of this Live2D technology is apparently to have a realistic 2D physics engine and OP's point is to have the eyes of the character follow the cursor. So basically the point of OP is to gaze at the character while playing, which is... quite paradoxical. Besides I don't think it would add a huge value to beatmaps, unlike SBs.
Sea_Food

deadbeat wrote:

tag stays. you're listing of extreme examples that don't show of the average level of skin/storyboard. if you're going to use examples. don't use extremes.
btw, no one move this thread. testing something.
I would say that rrrhoughly 50% of the skins that are in beatmap downloads have big hit burst. AFAIK hit burst are the #1 priority on top of everything to show on the screen, meaning you cannot see the all so necessary hit notes behind them. How could someting that is moving around in the background be even close as distracting as things that pop on top of hitnotes?
TheVileOne
This would make for some interesting storyboards. I would enjoy such an addition. I wont unmark though. There's already a bunch of basic things that the storyboard part of osu lacks. They should work on improving the core essentials before expanding into new territory.
deadbeat
easily fixable by contacting the mapper during modding process.
TheVileOne
Not really. i'm talking about features that the current design editor lacks. There's a reason why we don't see more storyboards as good as EBA storyboards. The design editor simply doesn't allow such things to be created without advanced knowledge of scripting.
Sea_Food

deadbeat wrote:

easily fixable by contacting the mapper during modding process.
But the BATs dont do this.

Actually BATs map with distracting skins them selves.

This means that BATs condisder thigs that are much more distracting than this, to be not too distracting for the game.
deadbeat
then do something about it yourself instead of complaining about it. don't rely on other people to fix issues you're not happy with!
locking to avoid further unneeded posts. if anyone has something helpful to add to this thread, send me a pm