forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jinxy
Apparently you need to learn all the rollerskate tricks. However, I've got them all manually by myself and I can't get in, so you might need to "learn" it from rollerskaters in Luminose.
NaomiMinette

Jinxy wrote:

Apparently you need to learn all the rollerskate tricks. However, I've got them all manually by myself and I can't get in, so you might need to "learn" it from rollerskaters in Luminose.
^ This. Additionally, after doing so, you can learn the final trick at the Lost Hotel.
Faust
Oh man, Sushi High-Roller.

500,000 a sitting..

Furisode girls and new Pokémon sights are totally worth it.
Jinxy
Did you at least break even in money?
NaomiMinette

Faust wrote:

Oh man, Sushi High-Roller.

500,000 a sitting..

Furisode girls and new Pokémon sights are totally worth it.
Toooooooooooooootally agree... >.> <.<
Faust

Jinxy wrote:

Did you at least break even in money?
They present you with Big Nuggets after the meal. So I guess that half-evens out the expendature.

EDIT: Just ventured into the back alley beyond the restaurant and ...found Punk Guy Faust.

:C
NaomiMinette
I know I'm late at posting this, but sometimes I see PSS icons where people represent either other Trainers or even Gym Leaders... How do you get those?
Jinxy
On the PSS screen, tap the thing at the top, then Profile, and tap the top left thing

> Use Capture Power
> No Frogadiers
> Capture Power runs out
> Back-to-back Frogadiers
NaomiMinette

Jinxy wrote:

On the PSS screen, tap the thing at the top, then Profile, and tap the top left thing

> Use Capture Power
> No Frogadiers
> Capture Power runs out
> Back-to-back Frogadiers
...Derp. Thanks :o

Also, poor you :(
Jinxy
Well, it's all good. Quick Balls still catch them really well most of the time. Already starting to breed for IVs.
Rorona
Pokemon I want: Chinchou, Feebas.

I also want Jirachi, but that isn't happening.

I'm willing to bet someone already has like a box full of Feebases somewhere in the world and is just sitting on them and laughing :(

also: Nautan's last safari pokemon is a Pinsir!
NaomiMinette
I can provide a Jirachi... assuming:

1) You can wait until December (when Pokémon Bank comes out)
2) Nintendo's check won't ban the Jirachi I have in mind (the WISHMKR one from the Pokémon Colosseum bonus disc)
Rorona

Blazevoir wrote:

I can provide a Jirachi
I would love you for life and past life.

Also, the only way that you could legitimately get Jirachi was through that, I'm pretty sure.
NaomiMinette
Any particular Nature so I can get started?
Jinxy
So if anyone wants Protean Froakies but are breeding other stuff, you could PM me or something, I bred a massive bunch of them. I think most of them should have 3 31s, but there may have been a few 2 31s slipped in.

You can trade me anything, though I'm also looking for Speed Boost Veni/Whirli/Scorlipedes
Lolicakey
I bought Pokemon X, well... I don't have a 3DS to play it... it's just sad ;w;
Azure_Kite
So far I've caught a shiny Combee and a Shiny Amoonguss.

In short, pokemon that nobody gives a flying toss about
rust45
I wouldn't say it's too Combee was male.
Professor Prinny

Princess wrote:

Where exactly do you get the last O-power from?

I know it's Lumiose, but that place is huge
Cafe Introversion (South Boulevard)
Jinxy
EV Item + Pokerus + Sweet Scent + A Earthquaker to babysit your pokemon = 50 EVs per Horde

This is insane, you can finish EV training a guy by like 15 minutes. Also it's fun to watch Spindas drop like dominoes.

Using this method to EV train my 31/x/31/31/31/31 Frogadier right now.
Neroh
No idea if this has already been suggested but...

How would you guys feel about a tournament? If we set a date, tourney table and match times we could all have a little competition.
I think it would be a great idea, we could even give prizes to 1st, 2nd and 3rd maybe?

I'm up for sorting out prizes (as long as they aren't going to break the bank ofc) :D
Boomkin_old_1

Nerohkun wrote:

No idea if this has already been suggested but...

How would you guys feel about a tournament? If we set a date, tourney table and match times we could all have a little competition.
I think it would be a great idea, we could even give prizes to 1st, 2nd and 3rd maybe?

I'm up for sorting out prizes (as long as they aren't going to break the bank ofc) :D
id be interested in that but wont fully ev train my pokemon just to win :p
NaomiMinette

Jinxy wrote:

EV Item + Pokerus + Sweet Scent + A Earthquaker to babysit your pokemon = 50 EVs per Horde

This is insane, you can finish EV training a guy by like 15 minutes. Also it's fun to watch Spindas drop like dominoes.

Huh... I should try that one day... as soon as I get ahold of said EV items :o (Or did you mean the vitamin drinks? Because I was thinking those EV Power held items you can get at Battle Maison.)
Jinxy
Yeah those. They're really easy to get, if you use the Battle Institute instead. 2-3 rounds there should allow you to afford one item if you perform okay.
NaomiMinette
I suck at that place, though... (at least, according to B2/W2)
Jinxy

Jinxy wrote:

Battle Points are hilariously easy to get in the Battle Institute. You're almost guaranteed to get 9 BP for 5 battles. Hell, you could forfeit all 5 battles and they still give you 3 BP for getting 0 points!

EDIT: Beating 3 and forfeiting 2 seems to be the most efficient way I've found so far to get Super and 9 BP.
It's not really that bad. The first 3 are pretty easy in my experiences, and the last 2 only gives me problems if I'm unprepared (I DIDN'T KNOW AURORUS HAD THUNDER SORRY GRENINJA). If you really have trouble, forfeiting all 5 battles is an option.
Soulclenz
I'm just starting out but I already know that I want to get my hands on a Mismagius and Froslass female. I just can't resist cute ghost types. If anyone wants to trade for them name your terms and I will work on it asap.
Ciunek

Jinxy wrote:

Do you perhaps have some list about which hordes are good for each EV gain? I could totally use that.
Jinxy

Ciunek wrote:

Jinxy wrote:

Do you perhaps have some list about which hordes are good for each EV gain? I could totally use that.
http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comment ... e_aka_why/
Azure_Kite
Does anyone happen to have a Clauncher and Swirlix they could assist me with acquiring? I have the whipped dream already, but the GTS requests for these are stupid.
Trash Boat
The Triple Battles and Rotation Battles also came back?
Azure_Kite
Yes, they did.
NotEvenDoomMusic

Azure_Kite wrote:

Does anyone happen to have a Clauncher and Swirlix they could assist me with acquiring? I have the whipped dream already, but the GTS requests for these are stupid.
I can catch one real quick, though, IIRC, Jinxy is breeding some perfect/with good IV ones so if you'll be using it to fill your dex then I can go and catch one.
And yeah, I can trade a Swirlix too-

I'll be sending you an request as soon as i have both together since i don't have much time left in my hands :/
Will be inactive for 3 days or so w/o pokemon. D:
Azure_Kite
Yeah, just got a Clauncher :D

I'm just getting a Swirlix now, by the sounds of it. Thanks for the help though :)
Ekaru

Jinxy wrote:

Jinxy wrote:

Battle Points are hilariously easy to get in the Battle Institute. You're almost guaranteed to get 9 BP for 5 battles. Hell, you could forfeit all 5 battles and they still give you 3 BP for getting 0 points!

EDIT: Beating 3 and forfeiting 2 seems to be the most efficient way I've found so far to get Super and 9 BP.
It's not really that bad. The first 3 are pretty easy in my experiences, and the last 2 only gives me problems if I'm unprepared (I DIDN'T KNOW AURORUS HAD THUNDER SORRY GRENINJA). If you really have trouble, forfeiting all 5 battles is an option.
For real? Once I get a couple more nice Pokemon under my belt I'll be doing that.

And yes, pseudo-flawless breeding FTW.
Ciunek
I tried that 3win2forfeit strat already, works pretty flawlessly. Easy 9 BP, unless you screw it up somewhere (hard to do).
NaomiMinette

Ciunek wrote:

I tried that 3win2forfeit strat already, works pretty flawlessly. Easy 9 BP, unless you screw it up somewhere (hard to do).
Guess I'll try then, though I don't use teams centered around strategies, so (read: I'm more of a casual player)...
Ciunek
I used some of my mons I beat game with, all non-proper EV and without proper natures - Lapras, Delphox and an Aegislash. First trainer uses non-evolved mons, which are easy. I think second guy also doesn't use fully evolved ones. Third already gets them but it's not a hard fight anyway.
Zerostarry
I actually lost 2 battles there cause I have no ****ing idea what the typings are for Gen V pokemon. (I skipped that gen)

Also, non-EV/IV pokes
Noobita
umm, can anyone calculate Yveltal's IVs for me if i post its stats and nature? ._.
show more