Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Trash Boat

Rorona wrote:

I'm a while longer :/

I need to pick it up though :(
ALSO: I still need to buy a 3DS, can anyone who has a 2DS tell me how it is?
i still didn't buy a 2DS, but from what i know, it looks like a slice of bread
Azure_Kite
PIKACHU USES IT'S ANIME VOICE INSTEAD OF IT'S ORIGINAL CRY WHAT BLASPHEMY ASFGKASLDJGASHL:SJKFGAGASJKFHGLASJKFGHLAFJKSGHUIA HAJKBCLJK HGAFLIA GNCFILUGA CFLJGA<XJH BGANLDJHGLKHbvgrskl;hbsfk;u ivwwvgfilreugasilrubjghfa;il BH kl<>ujghr:aGWRipaw8 y3q9-ya[0p4y858-7v
Trash Boat
1 hour and 14 minutes leeeeeftt!!!!!!!!
Audiodelus
Wow,exp for catching pokemon now.
Azure_Kite
Is anybody else having more fun with the Super Training minigames than the actual game so far? This balloon popping game is awesome fun.
Aurele
I want to get a 3DS so bad ;~;
Azure_Kite
There are a few places where Framerate drops considerably (Parfum Palace Tall Grass Battles), but other than that, this is awesomesauce
Lanturn
zzz Why do I have to be on the western side of the world :P

eshop should be getting it in another hour... Canadians and Americans.... just a little bit longer :(

Also... should we do something about posting friend codes for Pokémon seperate of the original 3DS thread? I'm sure there are probably tons of people who only really want them for Pokémon XY.. What do you guys think?

Edit: I don't really care who adds me or not, just send me a PM if you want me to add you back :)

FC: 3480-2566-0973
Trash Boat
yeah! its October 12th! does anyone is so brave to camp next to the store just for buying a copy of Pokémon X/Y?
Audiodelus
Just a heads up, once Fennekin evolved into it's second form, it gets a unique animation for its abilities (It makes use of it's stick), but my two friends who chose the other two starters did not notice any difference once theirs evolved. If they did it's minimal and not very noticeable.

Exp share now auto shares to all pokemon and doesn't need to be held (and is given after the first gym), which I find is greatly useful. Second starter get's given just after the first gym too, so that's nice.

FC: 0817-5179-6813

That first gym has a nice design though.
bmin11
Can you check how the EV spread works for the Exp share now if possible? It probably doesn't matter too much, but I'm just curious.
Audiodelus
You'll probably end up doing "Super Training" minigames to raise EV's, but just at a glance, I would assume each pokemon just gets the same EV's but at a reduced percentage (just for scaling w/ exp gain), looking my the stat increases. I'm no expert with EV's though.

Though now if a pokemon levels using exp share from being in the party, it doesn't flood your screen with the stat increase information. I also found a pikachu in the first forest, but it's a low chance to find one. You can also find the panpour/pansage/ect trio there too, giving a nice variety.
Jinxy
Decided to go with Chespin after all, since I have Torchic and all. I'll get Fennekin either in another run, or if the leak of getting your rival's starter in the future is true.

Audiodelus wrote:

Wow,exp for catching pokemon now.
Woohoo!

Also, that derpy moment when you buy pokeballs and catch a pokemon before the official tutorial by your rival.

Lots of things to catch in the Route 2, though.
Audiodelus
I really like the detail paid to the battle backgrounds though, especially when I saw the tree path line in route 6 before the Parfum Palace. The skating shoes seem to have fixed feelings between my friends though. I like them, but they hate the skates.

I was kind of surprised to find a Riolu in the wild at route 522 tbh.(It's avalible really early.) Too much pokemon to catch and not enough space.

Abra in route 5. Teleport away after failed catch ever time.

Oh, the 1 second save time is great too. Now I don't cringe when I go to save.
Jinxy
My Scatterbug has a smiling emote when it's playing with the punching bags. What does that mean?

EDIT: And Super Training does give EVs, right? So I can't play all 6 balloons if I want to Min-Max...

EDIT2: A smiling pokemon means it only takes have the amount of hits to destroy a punching bag e.g. a L-bag that gives 12 EVs takes only 25 hits instead of 50.
NoHitter
Got it now. Softresetting for a good starter is hard boring as hell.
Jinxy
asdhsghkds I forgot about natures, now I feel like resetting to get an Adamant event Torchic

Can we redeem Torchic again if we reset, though?
Professor Prinny
Hey guy's EVs can be reset now!
Jinxy

Professor Prinny wrote:

Hey guy's EVs can be reset now!
Yeah, I was just going to say this. I found a Reset Bag for Core Training. Not sure how rare it is, though.
Professor Prinny
Well I managed to get two by just continuously punching the punching bag while skating.
From what I can see I don't think that any of the punching bags are rare unless I haven't seen all of them yet or I'm just lucky.
Also, why does the soothing bag take longer to knock out than most of the other bags?
Jinxy
According to gamefaqs the rest range from 10-50

Soothing takes 500
Azure_Kite
Yeah, Soothing takes forever.

By far, the most useful ones I've found are the x2 bag and any Stat L bags. Other bags that cause temporary Balloon Fighting effects are pretty much pointless.

Anecdotally, waiting until the pokemon have a :) sign above their head will increase the likelihood of their black boxing bag punches finding new bags, although haven't officially tested it yet. Reset Bags are awesome, and yeah.
Jinxy
So if anyone else is curious, resetting your save does allow you to get another Torchic.
Laharl
Man, it's A W E S O M E.
La Volpe
It's funny how your friends let you choose your nickname, so from now on they have to call me Master. 8-)
Jinxy

La Volpe wrote:

It's funny how your friends let you choose your nickname, so from now on they have to call me Master. 8-)
That is both hilarious and kinda creepy

Currently soft resetting for a good natured Torchic, and after that I'll EV train him and Fennekin.

I should be able to fight the first gym by next month.

EDIT: Reset Bags require 100 hits confirmed
Cloudchaser
I just want to play ;_; looks so amazing! Gogoat is the best Pokémon \:D/
Trash Boat
why i should care about the Starters nature? is it important? how does each nature affects the Pokémon? i never get it
Stefan
Called my Starter Y.

Going to call my other pokemons A E I O and U.

gg
Professor Prinny
The natures of a Pokemon determine how fast each of their stats grow e.g. an Adamant nature Pokemon has its attack stat rise quickly (110%) while its special attack stat rises slower (90%) the rest of the stats rise at a normal rate (100%).
bmin11

battler077 wrote:

why i should care about the Starters nature? is it important? how does each nature affects the Pokémon? i never get it
Full info: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature
Topic Starter
deadbeat

La Volpe wrote:

oh god, i thought i was the only one who did that D:
Jinxy
I maxed out my Fennekin's and Torchic's EVs, and noticed something interesting about the EVs at the end. Each stat is now capped at 252 EVs instead of 255, so you can't accidentally lose the extra stat point any more.

Also, the amount of points I get in one shot with them is hilariously stupid thanks to maxed out Sp./Attack, I can destroy the Lv3s in seconds.

Lastly, when you max out the EVs, there are also even more bonus levels that are unlocked.

Time to explode the first gym.
DakeDekaane

Gabe wrote:

La Volpe

deadbeat wrote:

La Volpe wrote:

oh god, i thought i was the only one who did that D:
Hahaha, don't worry we can all be Masters here. (I just caught a Snorlax o/ )
Professor Prinny
Something possibly related to where a Legendary might be located (So yeah SPOILERS possible):

In the Reflection Cave there is a dead end area where a pink light shines on so I'm thinking a Legendary may stand there after some requirements have been met, otherwise, I don't think there is much point having this here.
TakuMii

DakeDekaane wrote:

Gabe wrote:

rust45

Jinxy wrote:

I maxed out my Fennekin's and Torchic's EVs, and noticed something interesting about the EVs at the end. Each stat is now capped at 252 EVs instead of 255, so you can't accidentally lose the extra stat point any more.

Also, the amount of points I get in one shot with them is hilariously stupid thanks to maxed out Sp./Attack, I can destroy the Lv3s in seconds.

Lastly, when you max out the EVs, there are also even more bonus levels that are unlocked.

Wait, how are you doing this? I've gotten to the Paris like city and I haven't seen these games/ EV training method. Did I miss something?
Anhedonia

rust45 wrote:

Jinxy wrote:

Wait, how are you doing this? I've gotten to the Paris like city and I haven't seen these games/ EV training method. Did I miss something?

by using the super training on the buttom screen, i believe you get it at the same time as the starter
rust45
I'm not noticing a super training thing on the bottom screen.

EDIT: Nevermind, just found it by trying to change the camera in Luminose city. Looks interesting, but I don't think I'll go all out on EV training until I beat the game.
show more