forum

[invalid] The Skin Assistance Team (SAT)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +12
Topic Starter
Stefan
In a nutshell https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2554925 brought me on this idea.

1. The members of the SAT would have the same options as BATs with the difference that the SAT is exclusively for the Skinning Forum. Of course there should be chosen people which are constantely active, have good experience with Skinning and able to give good advices.
  2. Like BATs SATs are able to give Icons (Bubbles, Hearts, etc.) which cannot be overwritten by other users (except another SATs). On this way people can mark things as undone or/and fix wrong Icons. And it most cases, if Screenshots are missing and won't be added.
  3. This actually would lead to a new feature I want to explain shortly: Besides of the Mode Icons (Standard, Taiko, CtB or o!m) it also should be able to have a second icon to mark it as (un)done. Here is a Example:

(I am not sure if this should be kept for SAT Members to prevent wrong Icon abuse)
  4. omg it's not an animal hurrdurrderp
  5. I think a own team for the Skinning Forum/scene (call it however you want) would improve the "system" of this part from osu!.
What do you think guys?
EDIT: Used a better example for the first picture.
pixeldesu
That's a nice idea! I'd like to see something like that :3

Another Idea
Maybe, the Skin/Extra-section in the Updater could be reincarnated...with a kind-of approving skins, like...mentioned a bit in the first post, (maybe adding some BSS-like submission for skins, but that's too far to think of right now) this could be easily done
TouchFluffyTail
I really like this idea.

pixeldesu wrote:

That's a nice idea! I'd like to see something like that :3

Another Idea
Maybe, the Skin/Extra-section in the Updater could be reincarnated...with a kind-of approving skins, like...mentioned a bit in the first post, (maybe adding some BSS-like submission for skins, but that's too far to think of right now) this could be easily done
The problem with this though is that the game has an updater built into itself now so I assume next to no one even uses the external updater utility anymore. :o
pixeldesu

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

The problem with this though is that the game has an updater built into itself now so I assume next to no one even uses the external updater utility anymore. :o
Oh...yeah. I forgot that the updater/the updates are working mostly from ingame now.
VoidnOwO
:)
Topic Starter
Stefan

BRBP wrote:

Pretty much everything else can already be done as a normal user, like giving advice etc. Do you guys really need a SAT title to get motivation to do that :/?
Well it's not about to have a Title to increase its own (imaginary) e-peen but it's more obvious who's really experienced.

BRBP wrote:

The skinning forum is slow anyway, would it really take more than 15 minutes a day from a single person to tag/lock the useless threads? A whole team based around this seems unnecessary to me.
I never said that the team has to be big. Three-four should be enough. Also not everyone has every day time to check osu!.

BRBP wrote:

You didn't really explain why this is needed?
It's not urgent needed but it seems to be a good idea and to improve the forum.
TouchFluffyTail

BRBP wrote:

Pretty much everything else can already be done as a normal user, like giving advice etc. Do you guys really need a SAT title to get motivation to do that :/?
No, because there's already a bunch of people that do that.

This is more like an expansion of the entire skinning forum, if you merge it with pixeldesu's idea skinning could turn into a bigger thing than just a spot on the forum where people dump skins they've made.
Marcin
I don't really see a big need for this. We already have a section for completed skins, and anyone in support team can already do things like "SAT'ing" (lol sounds funny). That is just nice addition, but looking at the speed of skin's creation, having something like this... is not really going to change anything. If more people would start doing more skins, and deadbeat would be not enough, then this feature can be considered. Every action, will have reaction - dependently on how many people start doing skins, then system might change.
deadbeat
ok guys. here's the thing. I've already nominated someone to assist in moderation in the skinning sub-forum. this was shut down since it doesn't need that much moderation. i'm able to do most of it by myself, not to mention support team has power there as well *looks at XPJ38*

the only thing they'd need to do is lock threads. and i check the skinning thread on a regular basis. so honestly, i can't see a need for people to have powers there when there isn't a huge need for it

edit: re read OP again. if the team only ever applies icons that can't be changed. then i still see no point imo
XPJ38
Meh. Currently the system is working fine, I am just concerned by the heart/bubble/nuke/etc. icons being useless. Some people are playing with them (hi OsuMe65) but frankly I am pretty sure nobody looks at them anyway.

Moreover, skins being unfinished isn't a thing a team like SAT can't monitor. People can update their skin anytime without mentioning it. If anything, people should be able to add Technical Support-like tags like [unfinished], [complete] or [allmodes] by themselves, that would be perfect and there would be no need for a SAT. But that's another feature.

deadbeat wrote:

*looks at XPJ38*
Hi deadbeat o/
Abel
Not bad idea, I would like to join this "SAT" team, but I know that it will never happend, good luck for all
*/me nominates Heibel for SAT*
DJNightmare
I guess that's the case, then how about at least creating something similar to the technical support or feature requests forums, by labelling the forums?
For example...

Different colours on one mode represents the modes that the skin uses, or perhaps you can add a logo instead :3
deadbeat
why do we need a finished skin tag when there's a sub forum for finished skins???
Zare
deadbeat wants all the power for himself.
MLGnom
So we are talking here about creating new "Skinning Team" or about how to change skinning subforum?

I don't think we need this. Skinning in general is slow and moderation is rarely needed (especially since deadbeat is on "guard") even so people can always PM to any staff members and explain/report problem.

If there are any problems with skins people are asking about them in skinning tutorial thread (at least we want them to ask there) or they can just send a PM to experienced skinners.

If there were 2-3 new skins per day then maybe we would need a team. Right now if there is one new skin per week is good...
XPJ38

DJNightmare wrote:

I guess that's the case, then how about at least creating something similar to the technical support or feature requests forums, by labelling the forums?

XPJ38 wrote:

If anything, people should be able to add Technical Support-like tags like [unfinished], [complete] or [allmodes] by themselves, that would be perfect and there would be no need for a SAT. But that's another feature.
;_;
DingGGu
In my opinion, osu! not needs skin essentiality.
but other Teams (Moderator, Beatmap Appreciation, Management etc.) needs essentiality for operating osu! gaming systems.

Maybe they will not made SAT.
Nathanael
The support team can already handle the skinning forum with the help of other staffs like deadbeat.
SATs won't be able to do anything at in-game anyway.

deadbeat wrote:

The only thing they'd need to do is lock threads. and i check the skinning thread on a regular basis. so honestly, i can't see a need for people to have powers there when there isn't a huge need for it.
OsuMe65
I'll just support if and only if SATs can be limited to giving pieces of advice and labeling threads with nukes or stars (if such labeling is possible). Locking and moving threads should be done by an STR/GMT. That means, SATs neither have power to lock any skinning thread, nor move threads to a sub-forum. Obviously, SATs have no in-game powers.

and also, i think "Appreciation" in A sounds funny. Skinning Assistance might be suitable...
deadbeat
the problem is icons mean next to nothing in the skinning subforum. if this is going to happen, which i still don't see a need for, the current behaviour for icon's will need to be changed
Rio-

deadbeat wrote:

the problem is icons mean next to nothing in the skinning subforum. if this is going to happen, which i still don't see a need for, the current behaviour for icon's will need to be changed
[Just Suggestion] I think We should add some description (And behaviors if possible) about this icons in the Skinning Sub-Forum with:
= For Modes Available in the Skin (Thread-Setter only who can use this Icon, And If possible... Multiple Icons for this because there's Skins which covered 2 or More Modes)
or = For "Need Suggestion/Discuss/Work In-Progress" (Thread-Setter only who can use this Icon)
= For "Completed Skin" (And again... Thread-Setter only who can use this Icon)... And most likely GMT will check the Thread with this Icon and Moved the thread to Completed-Skin Sub-Forum if It's good enough
= For "Favourited" & "Approved" Skins (The Thread-Setter can't use this Icon... But this Icon can be used for those who replied and as a tokens to the Thread-Setter that The Skin is pretty good)
= For "Nuked" If the Thread is not following the Rules in here (It can ONLY be used by the Thread-Setter, or GMT... Just don't let OsuMe Nuking everything :lol: )
*But for the GMT (or SAT If there's Any), They can use those Icon freely... But don't abuse It! ;)
- And for the other Icons... It's useless in Skinning SubForums in My Opinion btw
*Am I demanded too much? Well, sorry about this then (And for My bad english) :?

DJNightmare wrote:

I should agree with this though... Changing the Icon behaviors like this I mean... :)
- Marco -
and add a skin downloader in osu!direct
deadbeat

marcostudios wrote:

that's a separate request, and i'm gonna try arrange something soon. so hold tight with that
deadbeat

satriobp wrote:

[notice] = For Modes Available in the Skin (Thread-Setter only who can use this Icon, And If possible... Multiple Icons for this because there's Skins which covered 2 or More Modes)
or = For "Need Suggestion/Discuss/Work In-Progress" (Thread-Setter only who can use this Icon)
= For "Completed Skin" (And again... Thread-Setter only who can use this Icon)... And most likely GMT deadbeat will check the Thread with this Icon and Moved the thread to Completed-Skin Sub-Forum if It's good enough
= For "Favourited" & "Approved" Skins (The Thread-Setter can't use this Icon... But this Icon can be used for those who replied and as a tokens to the Thread-Setter that The Skin is pretty good)
= For "Nuked" If the Thread is not following the Rules in here (It can ONLY be used by the Thread-Setter, or GMT... Just don't let OsuMe Nuking everything :lol: )
assuming all of those get added, that would make this SAT request completely void as only thread holder/GMT could do anything
YGOkid8

deadbeat wrote:

marcostudios wrote:

that's a separate request, and i'm gonna try arrange something soon. so hold tight with that
just taking a quick look-see here, and this would be the only reason why we might have a SAT, being able to access completed skins in-game.

so i guess we'll hold tight, and hopefully deadbeat will do something awesome~
Rio-

deadbeat wrote:

satriobp wrote:

[notice] = For Modes Available in the Skin (Thread-Setter only who can use this Icon, And If possible... Multiple Icons for this because there's Skins which covered 2 or More Modes)
= For "Completed Skin" (And again... Thread-Setter only who can use this Icon)... And most likely GMT deadbeat will check the Thread with this Icon and Moved the thread to Completed-Skin Sub-Forum if It's good enough
assuming all of those get added, that would make this SAT request completely void as only thread holder/GMT could do anything
I just talking about "Icon Behaviors"... But well, If SAT does exists... We can replace GMT's Authority in Skinning-SF with SAT (Except the Locking, SAT is the one who'll Approve the Map, Discussing the Skin, and Nuking ).... But If not, GMT still the one who do the job
OsuMe65
A Star-Nuke System is just ok. No need for additional stuff. SATs shouldn't use that much icons... since it limits the OP's freedom to select the icon he/she wants (also for db)
Topic Starter
Stefan
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeell I made a lot of thoughts about it..

deadbeat wrote:

why do we need a finished skin tag when there's a sub forum for finished skins???
We also have a own Subforum for Resolved Issues in the Technical Forum, it won't hurt here too if Skins with a Finished-Tag lands in the Finished Skins-Subforum. And yes I know that the Resolved Issues doesn't always have to be "resolved" but also denied or duplicated but we also can make something in this way with the Completed Skins forum.

OsuMe65 wrote:

I'll just support if and only if SATs can be limited to giving pieces of advice and labeling threads with nukes or stars (if such labeling is possible). Locking and moving threads should be done by an STR/GMT. That means, SATs neither have power to lock any skinning thread, nor move threads to a sub-forum.
I actually would like to see that.

OsuMe65 wrote:

Obviously, SATs have no in-game powers.
I would never doubt on the responsibility from a SAT but yes this shouldn't affect to the In-Game.

OsuMe65 wrote:

and also, i think "Appreciation" in A sounds funny. Skinning Assistance might be suitable...
derp yes. brb fixing lol

deadbeat wrote:

That's actually one of the current issues, that's why I want that a SAT (or you) is able to "fix" the Icon to the right one. Except of the Creator from the Thread (per OP) and SAT/GMT should be able to put a fixed Icon which cannot be changed by other people. There was one thread with this request, can't find it atm. :/

OsuMe65 wrote:

A Star-Nuke System is just ok. No need for additional stuff. SATs shouldn't use that much icons... since it limits the OP's freedom to select the icon he/she wants (also for db)
I understand your point. Still a wrong should be fixed if there is put a wrong icon (Why using a CtB Icon if the Skin has no elements for the Ctb Mode? :<)

In general it actually needs only two, max. three persons.
deadbeat

Stefan wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

That's actually one of the current issues, that's why I want that a SAT (or you) is able to "fix" the Icon to the right one. Except of the Creator from the Thread (per OP) and SAT/GMT should be able to put a fixed Icon which cannot be changed by other people. There was one thread with this request, can't find it atm. :/
i could try talk to peppy about having people be able to "fix" icons. also i'll say this now, if this team is created, i'll most likely end up selecting the 3 members(i know who they are already)

Stefan wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

We also have a own Subforum for Resolved Issues in the Technical Forum, it won't hurt here too if Skins with a Finished-Tag lands in the Finished Skins-Subforum. And yes I know that the Resolved Issues doesn't always have to be "resolved" but also denied or duplicated but we also can make something in this way with the Completed Skins forum.
threads getting resolved in technical support is more common that me moving a skin to the Completed Skin subforum. since it doesn't happen that often, manually moving it isn't a hassle

EDIT:
this is what happens when i'm bored
2013-10-07 01:38 Marcin: who they are, if may I ask? :D
2013-10-07 01:39 deadbeat: santa, jesus and genghis khan
2013-10-07 01:39 Marcin: I don't know any of them, fark
2013-10-07 01:40 deadbeat: the jolly fat ass who delivers presents
2013-10-07 01:40 deadbeat: the guy who makes mircles happen
2013-10-07 01:40 deadbeat: the ass hat who just ruins everything
2013-10-07 01:40 deadbeat: best team ever
2013-10-07 01:41 Marcin: i got trolled, didn't I?
2013-10-07 01:41 deadbeat: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/santa
2013-10-07 01:41 deadbeat: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/jesus
2013-10-07 01:42 deadbeat: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/GeNghisKhaN
2013-10-07 01:42 Marcin: fuck you XD
2013-10-07 01:42 Marcin: 10/10 best troll
2013-10-07 01:42 Marcin: also last one is dead
2013-10-07 01:42 Marcin: you liar
Marcin

deadbeat wrote:

EDIT:
I hate you ;~;
DJNightmare

Marcin wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

EDIT:
I hate you ;~;

lol wat
Topic Starter
Stefan
inb4 offtopic