forum

Mod Queue (Old)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Blue Yoshi_old
I'll let you host that, and by the time you're done I shoooould have enough time to host 7p vengetown.
Hosting starting this weekend would be better for me, but if you would rather go next then you can.
Tsukasa

pieguy1372 wrote:

yeah I claim defeat on that game :P
not sure when the next one will be cause we just did it twice, but next time, I'll add this rule
  1. 3p Jester/mafia/town endgame is a draw. draw brings shame to all players, so avoid this plz = =
I srsly thought this right after the game started. ofc then it was too late to change it..

now that I think about it, that problem exists even in the original setup the minigame came from. if it proceeds to 3p LyLo with Jester alive, town can't win either. >_<// I'm a bit surprised that's not on wiki (or mb no one found it out till now 0.0) but I shall never give up on my quest to make a balanced enough setup with a Jester :>
Not entirely true IMO.

Jester should play to their wincondition (Only a skilled jester would pull this off though, Look scummy enough to get lynched but not scummy enough to be noticed as jester)

Mafia try to find town between the 2

Town try to find mafia between the 2.

It's not entirely a draw. More like some kind of russian roulette.
LadySuburu
For that game-type...

Mafia cannot joint-win with jester.

In LyLo, if there is a tie in votes for who gets lynched at deadline, the game ends in a loss for all players.

With those two rules in play, then it doesn't become an automatic end and still requires strategy and good playing by each alignment.

Don't think I'm missing something, but if I am mention it and I should be able to come up with a fix. It shouldn't be that hard to balance a jester game (I am also experimenting with the jester role at the moment, but I'll need a game more focused on what i've designed to get better results.)
NoHitter
IMO the 7-p game with the mafia and jester joint win should be allowed.
Town has two days to find Mafia and not lynch Jester.

In the original setup; (1-3-1) Day 1 was already do or die for town with only one ML.
Nyquill

Sakura wrote:

I'm thinking of running a 7p Open game after the current 7p mini is over, setup would be the 7p version of Masons and Mafia.

3x Vanilla Townies, 2x Mason, 2x Mafia Goon.

Game is Nightless.
Nor scum nor Masons get factional communication.
Any of the 2 scum may PM the Moderator at anytime during the day to kill a player, if the player is Mason, the Player dies, if the Player is Vanilla Townie, the shot backfires and kills the scum instead.
Whenever a Scum makes a kill or a lynch is reached votes reset and the day moves to the next day.
If both Masons are dead, Town loses.
ooo this sounds cool
Sakura
So is anyone up for the setup I mentioned?
Blue Yoshi_old
Yeah, it seems great.
Sakura
Ok i'll put up the thread when I get home.
Lincolm

Sakura wrote:

If both Masons are dead, Town loses.
Maybe this rule too... tough?

Because finding one of two masons in 5 people is pretty easy, for me lol...
Blue Yoshi_old
If everything is random, there's a 2/35 chance of mafia winning N1, 2/35 chance of town winning D2, 15/35 chance of mafia winning on D2, 2/35 chance of mafia winning N3, 9/35 chance of mafia winning D3, and 5/35 chance of town winning D3.

8/35 town chance, 27/35 mafia chance.
This is random actions chosen, random lynches and random kills. The only judgement I took in these calculations was if it was 2 masons and 1 mafia on D3, which is an auto town win.

I hope my maths aren't wrong on this, I should be doing my actual math work now. '-'
Lincolm
Mmmm... Just saying, but I get your idea about that one.

The game is nightless, so lynch or shoot in sequence can happen. Lynch in sequence most likely happen in that setup.
Sakura

Blue Yoshi wrote:

If everything is random, there's a 2/35 chance of mafia winning N1, 2/35 chance of town winning D2, 15/35 chance of mafia winning on D2, 2/35 chance of mafia winning N3, 9/35 chance of mafia winning D3, and 5/35 chance of town winning D3.

8/35 town chance, 27/35 mafia chance.
This is random actions chosen, random lynches and random kills. The only judgement I took in these calculations was if it was 2 masons and 1 mafia on D3, which is an auto town win.

I hope my maths aren't wrong on this, I should be doing my actual math work now. '-'
It's nightless tho.

Also that's how the setup works actually, the Masons know each other but if they out themselves the mafia can win easily, as long as they dont make themselves obvious and town can WIFOM mafia and find them, shouldn't be too hard.

@Lincolm: You were in that setup, you should know :P
Lincolm

Sakura wrote:

Also that's how the setup works actually, the Masons know each other but if they out themselves the mafia can win easily, as long as they dont make themselves obvious and town can WIFOM mafia and find them, shouldn't be too hard.

@Lincolm: You were in that setup, you should know :P
That's the hard part (as town). VTs don't know the Masons, which mean mislynch Mason can happen. I think that rule is too tough one.

I don't see bad side as scum, though.

(In the game with you, I could lynch that dammit Mason kid named Klick and shot the last mason, but then I would obvious scum after hammered Klick, so I was screwed)
Sakura
it depends on the player I guess.

Edit: Well i'll make the thread and we can review the setup.
Lincolm
Well, probably need to try first. K, go.
Sephibro
Some years ago i used to play live Mafia (actually werewolf, we call it "Lupus in Tabula" here in Italy) massively with friends and other people. I would like to see a game with the rules we were using if somebody cares to host it.

Rules
- Setup is known from the start
- There's no flip when somebody dies
- We used to start with night (N0) but starting with D1 is ok too

Roles
- Name (Italian Name): explaination

Scum:
- WereWolf (Lupo): Usually 1 every 4 players. Wolves can talk with each other, but only by night

Town:
- Villager (Cittadino): Vanilla Townie
- Whore (Puttana): same as Doctor, targets one player during night and that player does not die
- Seer (Veggente): during night, he targets one player to know if he's Wolf or not - only binary answer, he can't know the role of non-Wolves
- Medium (Medium): during night (obviously not on N0 or N1 if we start from D1), he targets one dead player and he's told if the player was Wolf or not. He can be told the role or not, Mod's choice (it must be specified in rules)
- Magistrate (Giudice): same as one-shot dayvig - he can target one player during day once in the game and that player dies. Lynch can be canceled or not for that day, Mod's choice (it must be specified in rules)

Less common/third party: (usually with 15+ players)
- Romeo and Juliet (Romeo e Giulietta): Town. When one dies, the other one dies too. They don't know each other's identity
- Hamster (Criceto): Third party. Little and Cute, he doesn't die if Wolves target him. If Seer targets him, Mod will tell he's wolf. Wins if he's alive when all Wolves are dead
- Hunter (Cacciatore): Third party. Lyncher, he has to get a target vanilla townie (chosen by Mod) lynched.
- Village Drunk (Scemo del Villaggio): Third party. a Jester that wins if gets himself lynched on D1, or dies if he doesn't

I hope someone is interested in hosting this. Thank you!
pieguyn
the setup I'm hosting is this btw

10p Crapshoot Mafia
  1. 1 Mafia Strong-willed Rolecop (strong-willed = immune to all redirection roles, in this game it's the 8 roles below)
  2. Mafia randomly gets one of the eight redirection roles. This becomes non-compulsive if it was one of the compulsive roles. One of the remaining redirection roles is omitted and given to the mafia rolecop as a safeclaim
  1. 1 compulsive redirector can't target self
  2. 1 compulsive bus driver can't target self
  3. 1 compulsive roleblocker
  4. 1 compulsive rolestopper can't target self, doesn't stop kills
  5. 1 compulsive hider
  6. 1 nexus
  7. 1 1-shot lightning rod randomly activates N1, N2, or N3. However, if mafia gets this role, it becomes an active 1-shot ability that can be used anytime 0.0
  8. 1 1-shot switch turns all redirection roles off for one night
  1. 1 1-shot vigilante
  2. 1 cop doesn't know if target changed
  1. Actions take place in this order: switch > lightning rod > busdrive > roleblock > redirect > rolestop > hide
^ that way should be balanced enough, where balanced = "no broken combinations"

@Seph: oo, kind of like the original Werewolf game. I'd be interested in playing a game like that , not sure if anyone would host though :?
pieguyn
btw, I forgot to mention the order in that post only applies if 2 actions contradict with each other. otherwise, everything follows NAR

also, I can extend to 12p if necessary, though I haven't done balance checks on it so 10p should be safer
12p variation
  1. 1 Mafia Strong-willed Rolecop (strong-willed = immune to all redirection roles, in this game it's the 10 roles below)
  1. 1 vigilante (not 1-shot vigilante)
  2. 1 cop doesn't know if target changed
Town gets 7 of the redirection roles and mafia gets 2. If mafia gets a compulsive role, it becomes non-compulsive. again mafia knows which one isn't in the game
  1. 1 compulsive redirector can't target self
  2. 1 compulsive bus driver can't target self
  3. 1 compulsive roleblocker
  4. 1 compulsive rolestopper can't target self, doesn't stop kills
  5. 1 compulsive hider
  6. 1 compulsive randomizer
  7. 1 ascetic
  8. 1 nexus
  9. 1 1-shot lightning rod randomly activates within first 4 nights. However, if mafia gets this role, it becomes an active 1-shot ability that can be used anytime 0.0
  10. 1 1-shot switch turns all redirection roles off for one night
  1. if NAR doesn't work, actions are resolved in this order: switch > lightning rod > busdrive > roleblock > redirect > randomize > rolestop > hide
Blue Yoshi_old
Now that Masons vs Mafia is over can I go ahead and host 7p vengetown?
Sakura

Blue Yoshi wrote:

Now that Masons vs Mafia is over can I go ahead and host 7p vengetown?
Sure go ahead.
Lilac
I kinda want to do a mafia with random roles filled with randomness.

Also, Sakura. Your avatar's guns are wielded so badly, I kinda want to throw up.
pieguyn
in to mod (if I can hold 2 slots at the same time)

3 choices, pick one plz

1. Touhou PyP V
2. Jester Nightless. jester suicides after a certain point preventing 3-way LyLo. the ideal game I've wanted with a Jester, just not a minigame :>
3. 咲 -Saki- mafia. closed themed setup, probably no special mechanics, just Saki flavor ~ everyone gets a power based on their character's ability 0.0 would do PyP, but I'm not sure if there's anyone here besides me who's seen this anime or read manga haha
Jinxy
I've already slotted in Touhou V though
pieguyn
but that one's not PyP, so mine'd be the 5th in the Touhou PyP series 0.0 if you prefer it can be the 6th one though haha
NoHitter

pieguy1372 wrote:

3. 咲 -Saki- mafia. closed themed setup, probably no special mechanics, just Saki flavor ~ everyone gets a power based on their character's ability 0.0 would do PyP, but I'm not sure if there's anyone here besides me who's seen this anime or read manga haha
Would be fun but not many people would know the flavor I think :(

If you do though, claiming Koromo and her special power :D
Rantai
I'll jump into a Saki one any day.

Give me Kuro kthnx.
pieguyn
k I'll host Saki mafia

disclaimer: I might have disappeared by the time it gets to be my turn to host it, cause the queue is so long already = = if that happens and I don't give warning, just knock me out of the queue kthx

EDIT: or you know what, since I've been working on the setup for fun already, I could even host it on my 1st turn and then push 10p crapshoot to the 2nd turn or just abandon it entirely. what to do > >
NoHitter
Well TBH I would prefer the Saki theme over the Crapshoot, but that's just me.
pieguyn
hai, NH-sama
listmod: I wanna switch my current game to 咲 -Saki- 12p closed theme game

now I just need to make sure it's balanced .-.
NoHitter
Done.
LadySuburu
Okay my game's done no more skipping over my next one in queue.
pieguyn
if I can, pre in for higurashi mafia cause I'm going to bed now ~
Raging Bull

pieguy1372 wrote:

if I can, pre in for higurashi mafia
VoidnOwO

Raging Bull wrote:

pieguy1372 wrote:

if I can, pre in for higurashi mafia
Sakura
pre-in higurashi.

Also you can go ahead and start it, i'll fix the queue when im on lunch break.
Jinxy
Do you still need a co-mod for it, Cali? I didn't really know how to help during your planning phase, but I can do co-modding.
NoHitter
/pre-in also I guess for Higurashi
Can I please get the role that can roll back time ;)
Amianki

Jinxy wrote:

Do you still need a co-mod for it, Cali? I didn't really know how to help during your planning phase, but I can do co-modding.
Aye, I was going to ask if that offer was still valid. This makes the process a little bit easier.

I'll get the thread up shortly.
Sakura
Queue should be up to date now, if it's not please inform me and stuff.
Blue Yoshi_old

Blue Yoshi wrote:

Also going to host the 13p jk9++ setup.
THERE PIEGUY STOP BUGGING ME
End of page 52, I don't see jk9 in first post :/
show more