forum

[resolved] Add lead in beat to maps with lead in.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
rust45
As some of you may know, when a map has a note right at the beginning of the song, it can be hard to be able to hit it right because the BPM has not been established, so I propose that before the song starts there are four ticks to tell the player the BPM so it makes it easier to hit the first note. Now before you say just go off of the approach circle, on hidden you don't have th approach circle. And this wouldn't affect ranked scores cause this does not affect the maps or how you play in anyway.
anonymous_old
No.

Mapper should use their brain, and so should modders and BAT's. If a map starts too early and it isn't easy to read the timings, it probably shouldn't be ranked because it's a major readability problem.

I feel your pain about Hidden. If you only have problems with Hidden, just learn the map without Hidden or listen to it a bit before you play to get the tempo.
peppy
This is pretty much what the countdown is there for. If the countdown has been removed, complain in that map's thread.
Topic Starter
rust45

peppy wrote:

This is pretty much what the countdown is there for. If the countdown has been removed, complain in that map's thread.
The problem is that if a note at the very beginning of the actual song, the countdown would just sound awkward since there's no music playing, the ticks would sound more subtle and note feel like they were crammed in there like the countdown would.
anonymous_old

rust45 wrote:

peppy wrote:

The problem is that if a note at the very beginning of the actual song, the countdown would just sound awkward since there's no music playing, the ticks would sound more subtle and note feel like they were crammed in there like the countdown would.
Don't many groups/artists count aloud "one two three!" or "three two one!" before their live performance or something? I don't think they start playing THEN do that. ;P
Torran
I agree with rust that a countdown just doesn't sound right without music. Why not use the ticking sound from the timing window to count the lead-in? Something related: Why not also do this to the re-countdown when you fail a song for the first time on the Easy Mod?
anonymous_old
Why not change the countdown to use the ticks you want?
Torran
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
You should already be able to skin the countdown per-map? Correct me if I'm wrong here and you've tested.
0_o
K2J
...even if you add time to it artificially from the song setup.
peppy
Ah? That can be fixed for sure. I didn't realise that was the case.
TheVileOne
This is now resolved. Lead-in is automatically defined.