forum

osujs!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kcaze
osujs! is a Javascript / HTML5 port of osu! and can be played at http://osujs.net
Shohei Ohtani
Very cool start. It'd be cool if the load time wasn't so long, but I'm guessing it's something that'll just get better with time, and I'm not gonna comment too much on it because I'm no expert on what causes load times in terms of this.

From a playing standpoint, I guess the only big issue is that people can only mouse singletap so far (They can alternate, but the pop-up menu comes up if they right click). However, it's to be expected of a web browser and I'm not sure if you'd be able to set up default key bindings to the mouse.

Hoping this becomes something later.
CXu
This is pretty cool, and it's fun to play some of those sliders that have variable speed xD Anyhow good job!
And good song choice
power007
some test results.

PC:
Windows 7 Google Chrome: 44 fps, playable.
Windows 7 Internet Explorer: 67 fps, playable.

Android 4.3 Nexus 7:
Google Chrome: 44 fps, not playable (slider ball lags and cursor don't react on touch screen).
Mozilla Firefox: 47 fps, but only on loading screen, song doesn't loading at all.
Opera: 44 fps as Chome, bcuz it's using same engine :(
Shohei Ohtani

power007 wrote:

Android 4.3 Nexus 7:
Google Chrome: 44 fps, not playable (slider ball lags and cursor don't react on touch screen).
Mozilla Firefox: 47 fps, but only on loading screen, song doesn't loading at all.
Opera: 44 fps as Chome, bcuz it's using same engine :(
I'm not sure if it's gonna work on a phone just yet.
peppy
60fps constant in safari. Feels nice and smooth. I know this is early, but here are the things that bugged me the most:

- Loading time too long (compress resources more).
- No loading progress.
- Right click brings up menu and doesn't let you click circles.
- PC's mouse cursor isn't hidden (shouldn't be too hard to do).

gl!
quaternary

peppy wrote:

- No loading progress.
It isn't in desktop osu! either plzadd

peppy wrote:

It is for me, huh. Might be a safari issue.

80fps in Chrome (default resolution), feels smooth.
I noticed the sliderfollowcircle rotates with the slider ball, but iirc it stays upright.

Good job
Topic Starter
kcaze
I've updated osujs! to address the following:
-Sliders should look almost identical to how they look in osu! now. Also, slider speed is now constant.
-Assets have been compressed more, so the loading time should be reduced.
-Right clicks are registered (not sure if the menu is disabled across all browsers though).

You should clear your cache before trying the updated version.

peppy wrote:

The mouse cursor should be hidden. I've tested this in Safari 5.1.9 (old, but I'm testing this on a university computer so I don't have permissions to update to newer versions) and the cursor is hidden.
James2250
Looks like a good start, I hope this keeps going!

-60 fps on latest versions of chrome/firefox. Sliders seem to lag on firefox (can't tell if it's just the animation or the movement speed...but they don't feel as smooth as chrome).
-Mouse cursor flashes for a millisecond on chrome when right clicking. Not sure if just me.
-Freezes on second loading screen on IE (why am I not surprised, who cares about IE anyway).
-Needs z/x for keyboard users/custom bindings

If you ever need anyone to play test I will be around~
Leeg

James2250 wrote:

Looks like a good start, I hope this keeps going!
-Freezes on second loading screen on IE (why am I not surprised, who cares about IE anyway).
~

I tested it on IE and it worked :roll:
James2250
It did work on IE for me but I had to wait literally 20-30 seconds for it to load after it stopped responding, might reinstall IE later if it's not just usual slowness.
Platinumsj
Are you ever going to make it usable by handheld devices like tablet?
I've tried it on my 5th Gen iPod Touch and my android tablet. Neither got past the loading screen.
Topic Starter
kcaze
Just made a massive update, addressing most of the issues brought up in this thread. Also, beatmap selection has been implemented, with the latest beatmap pack playable. I haven't had time to test each individual beatmap, but the majority of them should work. If you're reporting a bug, please include any error messages displayed in the developer tool's console.

Retacu wrote:

Are you ever going to make it usable by handheld devices li ke tablet?
I've tried it on my 5th Gen iPod Touch and my android tablet. Neither got past the loading screen.
I don't have any plans to specifically support handheld devices.
Shohei Ohtani
Would it be possible to have beatmaps recognize sampleset changes that aren't done through inherited sections?

ie. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/102615 I use drum samplesets for this (Added like this http://puu.sh/3ZRGk.jpg ), but in osu!js, it stays on normal sampleset
Topic Starter
kcaze

CDFA wrote:

Would it be possible to have beatmaps recognize sampleset changes that aren't done through inherited sections?

ie. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/102615 I use drum samplesets for this (Added like this http://puu.sh/3ZRGk.jpg ), but in osu!js, it stays on normal sampleset
Do you mean per hitobject sample sets? It should be easy to do once I figure out how they're specified in the .osu file. In fact, lots of things are simply ignored in the .osu files because I'm not sure what they represent :P .
Sync
really awesome

do you plan on implementing backgrounds? if that is unfeasible, then you should allow the user to customize the background color.

speaking of the background color, i don't think white works very well -- something like light blue (e.g. the default osu! background color) or black.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
click a zan
ErunamoJAZZ
Why Firefox is no supported? ;_;
Pizza Kun
could be a good idea implement this system to watch replays from the osu! site ^^
puncia

Pizza Kun wrote:

could be a good idea implement this system to watch replays from the osu! site ^^
or just like map previews in a beatmap page!
mm201
Works for me on Firefox. (In fact it worked better than on Safari, where about halfway through the song, everything stopped rendering but hitcircleoverlays.)
Tenshi
You should filter out the game mode specific difficulties since they're practically unplayable on Standard.

Other than that, it looks pretty good so far.
Topic Starter
kcaze

mm201 wrote:

Works for me on Firefox. (In fact it worked better than on Safari, where about halfway through the song, everything stopped rendering but hitcircleoverlays.)
Huh, I couldn't get it to load when I tested it on Firefox. Anywho, Chrome is still the recommended browser as it's the one I primarily use for testing.
ErunamoJAZZ
Double taping is bad implemented. :P

push X, and, after (hold X) push Z, and this disable the hit.
DingGGu
wow, really nice.. pretty good!