[invalid] Background have a weird glow on the sides

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pielak213
­
-GN
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/912145

It also leaves a pixel column on each side with widescreen backgrounds, and overlaps storyboards and backgrounds.
higurush
I have the same issue mentioned above.
I think it is related to the new update of automatic widescreen/standardscreen switching. It also messed up some maps storyboarding, like this one:
http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/912149

I also think that this update was unnecessary.. the old style were great where the 4:3 pictures' upper and bottom side were cropped off. There were no problems.

Edit[1]: Solution 1: delete all image files
Edit[2]: Solution 2: replace all bgs with a widescreen ones
peppy
The letterboxing overlays are only present when storyboards are present. The behaviour of everything else has NOT CHANGED. Said maps were always broken if they are broken, unless there is another bug causing this.
peppy
Also don't fucking delete backgrounds.
higurush

peppy wrote:

The letterboxing overlays are only present when storyboards are present. The behaviour of everything else has NOT CHANGED. Said maps were always broken if they are broken, unless there is another bug causing this.
Where is the option then to disable the letterboxing? Its annoying as hell and I am not able to play properly because of that. I want the cropped bgs and storyboards back.

peppy wrote:

Also don't fucking delete backgrounds.
I have yet to delete them, but if there will be no options to disable the letterboxing, I will declare this a solution.
Topic Starter
pielak213
­
higurush

pielak213- wrote:

I've stopped deleting them ever since fun spoilers came out. I only delete them when trying to fix problems that I encounter like this one though. It's really annoying when 100% dim doesn't stop this from happening on 1/8 of all the maps on osu.

edit: It seems fixed on the test build so I'll be playing on that until it's fixed in the main one. (I hope it doesn't delete all my local recoreds on my main client again...)
t/147736