forum

Disallowing stars for own Feature Requests [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
pixeldesu
This is kinda self-explaining.

I saw this several times here now...some people make a request, which is sometimes pretty good or just unneeded, and these have around 30+ stars, so I look at them and see that the creator of the requests added most of the stars.

I think this is something like cheating, because these users are pushing themselves up and, even though there are some good requests which have some stars from the creator it's kinda useless because someone on their own can't decide (even if the star count is high) if a request is going to be implemented or not.
bomber34
Well it is kind of like giving your own maps kudosu which a lot of people hate, but you modded for all kudosu so they are yours, do what you want with it

these people got that many feature request stars, because they bought a lot of supporter (I think you get per bought month 2 stars)
So it is kind of their right to do with them what they want.

Also don't forget: just because a thread has a lot of stars does not mean it is valid or that peppy implements it...
Topic Starter
pixeldesu

bomber34 wrote:

Well it is kind of like giving your own maps kudosu which a lot of people hate, but you modded for all kudosu so they are yours, do what you want with it

these people got that many feature request stars, because they bought a lot of supporter (I think you get per bought month 2 stars)
So it is kind of their right to do with them what they want.
This is the point. The stars are yours, but promoting yourself ends up in being useless for most of the times.

bomber34 wrote:

Also don't forget: just because a thread has a lot of stars does not mean it is valid or that peppy implements it...

pixeldesu wrote:

because someone on their own can't decide (even if the star count is high) if a request is going to be implemented or not.
izzydemon
I don't see why someone would think that giving their own feature request stars is "cheating". Sure, some are just really useless and the creator is wasting stars on them, but there are requests out there that actually make sense - and using your stars to give it higher priority makes it more likely for people to take a look at your request and support it themselves.

This is pointless. If you use up your stars on a feature request that is clearly not getting anywhere, it's your fault.
deadbeat
users literally have to pay money to get those stars, they should be free to use them on any request they want to.
in fact, why would you stop someone promoting their own idea, it's like bomber34, it's the exact same as a mapper shooting stars at his/her own request.

sorry, but i don't seen a reason for this