forum

Performance Point based difficulty ratings [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Pichu0102
It would be nice if we had a "Simple, Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane, Lunatic" scale we could switch to based on the PP of people who clear the beatmap the most. If the average PP of people who clear it is lower than us, it shows the difficulty as simple, easy, or normal. If it's higher than us, it shows it as Hard, Insane, or Lunatic.
Stefan
tl;dr you want that the pp System gets fixed.
peppy
This is already planned and implemented with ppv2. Expect to see this in the next week or two displayed on the website.
jesse1412
This sounds pretty bad. Difficulty scaling and player rating should NOT be relative to other players, it's so easy to abuse and doesn't give an accurate overview of someone's performance.
Topic Starter
Pichu0102

jesus1412 wrote:

This sounds pretty bad. Difficulty scaling and player rating should NOT be relative to other players, it's so easy to abuse and doesn't give an accurate overview of someone's performance.
Err, what I meant was a relative difficulty rating display. Not scaling difficulty based on PP in a beatmap, but rather displaying a name that shows how easy or hard it thinks you'll have trying a beatmap, based on PP. You can still play it, it just says it'll probably be more difficult or easier for you.
winber1
we'll see how it works out once it's implemented. honestly, I'm not really sure which way this will go. the thing is unless u have access to special information, you shouldn't know the full statistics of all the players in the map. So, I'm just sitting hoping it's balanced correctly and we'll see how it goes.

.. unless i'm misunderstanding things