Total Posts
show more
dNextGen

since when Bamboe become so badass jeez
sanju5
lol eg has really short players
sanju5

Magicphoenix wrote:

I'm really looking forward to TI3 now. Like, really. There won't be East vs West -> Eastern Regions vs Eastern Regions -> Chinese vs Chinese this year. It will be Team A vs Team B. I strongly believe so and I think I will be proven right
Welp, that's what 99% of the dota population thinks so you don't need to flatter yourself :).
Magicphoenix
^I never had any intention of flattering myself? In what way am I flattering myself anyway?

Btw, after doing this in my head, I'm curious how you guys rate the DOTA 2 commentators =p
For me :

Luminous > TriumphOfMan > LD > Saga (german caster) > Draskyll > (2GD) > Tobi > Godz > Epi > Ayesee = Sheever = Blaze

Only listed professional, active DOTA 2 casters.
Co-Commentators excluded

PS : had a tough call on the last 3. Sheever has kinda improved, she certainly is better than when she started out. Only better it is though.
Ayesee, well, meh. He has a great voice and would become a great caster if only he just had more knowledge and overview about the game. Only 1 year of DOTA 2 knowledge is way too less :/
And Blaze - The only reason i watch ThePremierLeague is because of TOM because he's fucking beast and Blaze is kinda like the little, unschooled, annoying shadow of his
Backfire
Tobi > GD guys > BTS > That guy that casts for Neo (Maut) > everyone else
bmin11
Lumi, Tobi, LD, Draskyll, GD (though I think there are multiple people with different teams). I probably have more, but I can think of one.
sanju5
I don't like draskyll, he seems to believe there is only 1 way to play dota with his smug comments when he isn't happy about an item/skill build or hero pick. But once it goes good for that team he just bandwagons them and hypes their item/skill build or hero pick. What really annoys me is when he points out the most obvious faults of an unorthodox pick and acts as if he just dropped the biggest knowledge bomb ever known to man. IMO casters should hype up the match not semi flame players and make retarded comments about the gameplay.
Backfire
I haaaaate draskyll. I love everyone else in GD, but him...I hate him. He looks REALLY fucked up too. Like he does crack every day or something.
dNextGen
calm ur tits guise,EE cast is the best

i dont like ayeese his stream is crap and full of ads,Tobi is nice but the mods on his channel are disgusting,so BTS and GD is the best

http://www.joindota.com/en/matches/6269 ... -fnatic-eu

322 ez life ez solo spam incoming
Xylem Beer
GD > BTS > joinDOTA

I don't really like the mods on jD. Kappa
Icyteru
LuminousInverse forever!

He was the one that got me into osu! after all
druidxd
I don't really even pay attention to mods on streams, I just wanna watch a match, so...

Tobi > all

IMO Tobi is the only one who really manages to display passion on his stream/casting, it's really fun to watch a match casted by Tobi, the other casters are good too, but they are more focused on the technical details and a wider display of information. It's like watching football and comparing South American casters against idk, british casters?

VS

Maybe I like Tobi more because i'm used to the super hype casters, idk.
Magicphoenix
If it's the general, casual cast, I prefer others over Tobi (like i mentioned in my ranking)

But I do agree if it's some great tournament, the grand finals or something at TI3, then Tobi is a MUST.
Nobody brings as much passion into the game as him

PS : Your comparison doesn't work because the british caster got butthurt because Maradona scored against England. And in a fashion like that. Ofc he ain't happy :D
druidxd

Magicphoenix wrote:

If it's the general, casual cast, I prefer others over Tobi (like i mentioned in my ranking)

But I do agree if it's some great tournament, the grand finals or something at TI3, then Tobi is a MUST.
Nobody brings as much passion into the game as him

PS : Your comparison doesn't work because the british caster got butthurt because Maradona scored against England. And in a fashion like that. Ofc he ain't happy :D
Yeah forgot about that, but every time I watch a game of football in english (casted by british mostly), it really lacks passion, a lot, at least compared to the normal casters from here (Argentina). Anyway it's just an opinion.
bmin11

druidxd wrote:

Maybe I like Tobi more because i'm used to the super hype casters, idk.
I have the same issue as well. I'm way used to South Korean commentators on SC1 & LoL.
Tetsu_old
Versuta is the best commentator in my opinion. Russian doto commentator. Especially his rages are epic even at professional games.

Anyway, there isn't any Dota commentator that I would say he is awesome, great blablabla but Luminous is in my opinion the best, has good knowledge of Chinese Dota, LD is also ok. Tobi can be very good if he stop overreacts too much but that's what makes him special I guess.
dNextGen
i love Russian caster who draw dicks on minimap
Tetsu_old
Yao! xD

Magicphoenix
how to advertise LOL
dNextGen
oh wow xiao8's gf is so pretty

Phantom assasin is fun as hell

pop BKB,blink into random enemies and look at those 1k crit ++ D:

fun shit
Magicphoenix
wat.
He actually got together with her? I thought he got rejected and she's only with him out of sympathy? W/E

For everybody who doesn't know this yet :
Magicphoenix
On another note -

Alienware Cup tiebreak rule :
1. Results of match-ups
2. Scores after adding 1 point per 2:0 match
3. Accumulated penalties
4. Result of a mutually agreed tie-breaker
5. Random draw

Those are tie breaker rules that the west needs right now. Not that dipshit "Who won the games faster will win the tiebreaker". Most retarded tiebreaker rule I've ever witnessed in any professional environment for various reasons. I surely don't think I need to elaborate
dNextGen
Zenith doin a good job on savin Na'Vi's pride

also anyone willing to trade The Silent Ripper with my Gloomblade ?

i could add some rares but 1:1 is always more than welcome
Magicphoenix
Alliance 6:0 vs iG, DK, LGD, Orange, TL, TF
NaVi 1:5 vs TF, Zenith, Orange

Level difference ? don't think jet lag is an issue here
dNextGen
lol prove that Navi is just nothing more than a mere tier 2 team

Backfire
Na'Vi is absolute tier 1 great tier.

It has to do with them not really being prepared and probably not studying. Also Alliance did not face TongFu or Zenith, which are two teams with very odd strategies and are VERY good.
Magicphoenix
Honestly, Zenith isn't that much stronger. I'd easily say it's the worst (but still very strong) performing team in the tournament.
Also, that still doesn't justify NaVi simply being worse than Alliance.
While I do believe NaVi still has a shot in this tournament, they surely don't do it in a fashion like the swedes did. Maybe the haven't pulled out their real strategies yet since it was the group phase that didn't decide anything. But I don't think that's the case since I surely don't believe they want to try out that many new things that they take such a beating.
Nevertheless, I still look forward to how they will perform.
Even though I wrote this all, I'm not an Alliance fanboy (I actually think that they play the most boring Dota in the current western scene) and neither a NaVi hater.
I'm just disappointed by the CIS-German mix since they're seriously playing under their maximum level

PS : Zenith still has a good shot though. They can beat most teams when they're in top form but they're not good enough to beat teams like LGD.cn/.int or DK in the same form in my eyes.
Also, from what I've seen in this tournament, Mushi has been more and more disappointing. BTS said it once, 2009 really dislikes Mushi for how he plays and I can only agree on that
Pizzicato
all the great matches and i cant watch a single one because of my ISP :(
dNextGen
wow,feels bad for u mate D:

but its okay,the match in the next hours goin to be boring anyway

prolly classic EG throw and qbad being bad as usual
Mercurial
Kaipi > Fnatic.Eu

Hi community.
Soulclenz
does anyone have the Slithereen Nobility set for Naga they might want to trade? I want to save some money.
Magicphoenix
^I had that item but lost it through betting lol. Shame on me
But I won 16 rares yesterday by consistently betting against NaVi ehuaheuhaeuhaee (fanboys on d2l put the quota higher than it shoulda been)
Only player who is playing on the level they're supposed to is Liquid'Kurok, Dendi has improved finely too but the rest is just meh
dNextGen

Soulclenz wrote:

does anyone have the Slithereen Nobility set for Naga they might want to trade? I want to save some money.
try dota2lounge maybe ? but im pretty sure you gotta spend $$$ too D:

Mercurial wrote:

Kaipi > Fnatic.Eu

Hi community.
Kaipi and Artyk = force to be reckoned with

:)
Soulclenz
Well poo. if I have to buy it I will, then I will have both her sets. Need both since she is my fav!
Soulclenz

dNextGen wrote:

try dota2lounge maybe ? but im pretty sure you gotta spend $$$ too D:
Hrrrrrmmm. I guess i can check that out, too many people make horrible trade offers though! Everyone and their mothers want my dragon hook for pudge, or vintage mace for void, no way in hell i am trading those.

ETA: Frig I didn't want to double post!
dNextGen
oh wow dragonclaw hook,you must be rich mr clenz

i hate buyin The Silent Ripper for 8 bucks

fuck u valve
Pizzicato
http://dota-trade.com/

great place. you can trade the stuff you don't want with the stuff you want :D
Soulclenz

dNextGen wrote:

oh wow dragonclaw hook,you must be rich mr clenz

i hate buyin The Silent Ripper for 8 bucks

fuck u valve
Not rich, just lucky. I also have the Timebreaker for void that someone ripped off of Aion. neither of which im really willing to part with haha.
dNextGen

Pizzicato wrote:

http://dota-trade.com/

great place. you can trade the stuff you don't want with the stuff you want :D
this place is better than d2l D:

lol what a joke that guy is
Magicphoenix
ahahahaha

show more