forum

An option to show editor test-play data in real game

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
xxbidiao
As we all know when we test a map in the editor we have a few handy data in the left side of the screen, information there including:
(1) judgment data
(2) average delay
(3) precise song time / max combo

I found them also handy in real play:
(1) Showing judgment data is extremely handy in live stream and recording. Although we now have the percentage showing below the score, that's not enough, especially in osu!mania - In o!m 300g and 300 all score as 100%, and actually a high-300g and a low-300g at the same accuracy(or even 100%) is of huge difference. Also because of different kind of breaking combo (in osu! anything not 300 is possible to break a combo; in o!m anything not 300/300g also do this, and with extremely large amount of judgment showing you may not even know what you get when you break your combo)
(2) Although we already have total delay showing at result screen, you have to play through the whole song to adjust it. For there are quite a few songs which have terrible out-of-sync offset like +3ms, it is easy to get a lot of 300 even hit accurately. besides player experience, a hint on the screen would help player to adjust them Just In Time. (And osu! does not even have auto adjust offset feature like other games! Though I won't discuss that in this post.)
(3) You may have faith and bravery when you are struggling to the max combo. (OH only 200 combo coming, I'm coming FC!) :)

With such goods why don't we set an option in the Option menu to enable showing editor data in solo/mp play? Besides, I don't think this violates any kind of normal playing and should not be considered cheating.

Edit: On my computer without full screening the game offsets a lot and test play won't get correct results at all. (like ~30ms delay in windowed mode.) Since it is not possible to use editor in FS mode (It 's not window modes' fault) That's another reason to add this feature.
FrzR
this could be good but, this distracts the player most of time. You can't play properly because there are times that you will be looking at the "test-play" data because most people look here and monitore its progress. All data will just be shown at the Result Screen. :>
peppy
This kind of information is coming soon, but not in the raw form.
TicClick
there's a score meter for average delay, try it on test client