forum

cursor trail dissapears [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
karma_komodo
The cursortrail (that cute blue line that moves with you cursor) simply disappears (stops appearing).

How to make this happen:

1.Use the new default skin (named as ¨osu!¨). Notice that when you move your cursor there is a blue line behind it.

2.Keep clicking¨online users¨ or hitting F9. It doesn't happen always, but its easily reproducible if you hit F9 many times (maybe while moving your cursor in some way?)

3.The blue line will eventually disappear!
The only way to get the cursor trail back is to load another skin and reload the default one.

thanks to MilhioreF for confirming :)

MillhioreF wrote:

Caught it on video:

Click on "Online Users" and move your mouse steadily as it opens. When you click it again to close it, there's something like a 5% chance the trail disappears.
TheAussie
Just tested this. I can confirm this happens but. not always.

theowest
As I said from this topic: p/2193427

theowest wrote:

You can just spam click F9 even, which will make it easier to replicate this. The only way to get the cursor trail back is to reload/load the/another skin.
You can just spam tap F9 to replicate this very easily.
get it back by changing skin or restarting osu!.
Wylo
Please get this bug fixed, it's quite important since the visibility of my custom cursor depends on it.

Edit: It appears that switching to a different skin with the same cursor format won't fix it but switching to ones that use the old format fixes it. It's still annoying. :(
Sh1ni
Explain the issue you are having:
My cursortrail is pereodically disappearing. It's happens by few reasons:
1) Alt+tabing Osu!
2) Opening link in Osu! (and automatically alttabing to browser)
3) Opening extended verison of chat.
What I've tried to do:
1) Reload sprites (ctrl+shift+alt+s)
2) Change skin in settings to other skin, and return to previously
3) Reboot PC
4) Change cursortrail
5) Change some settings in Skin.ini
6) Re-install Osu! client

BUT IT"S DOESNT MATTER, CURSORTRAIL STILL DISSAPEARING ; w ;
Hope for your help.
XPJ38
Now that I think about it, I have a similar issue: cursormiddle sometimes disappear on my end after some alt+tabbing, but I haven't found a way to replicate the issue yet and I don't know if it affects everybody anyway.

More testimonies about disappearing skin elements would be appreciated before confirming the problem.
TouchFluffyTail
I've had my cursor tail disappear occasionally aswell. Although I'm not entirely sure what's causing it. Seemingly after playing a bunch of o2jam converted maps in mania that have really long load times due to having 100+ different hitsound files and whatnot.

Maybe it's some sort of cache or buffer issue?
Wylo
Probably the same issue as this: t/124409

Anyways, to replicate it just spam F9.
MillhioreF
Merged duplicate topic t/127521 into the existing thread.

Also, I've gotten word that some skins are unplayable without the cursortrail and rely on it for visibility, so moving this out of low priority.
theowest
I think this should be in Low priority, what do you guys think?
MillhioreF
Like I said above, this bug is horrible to some custom cursors. I haven't seen TOO many people complaining though, so perhaps it's fine here.
TouchFluffyTail
I just restarted osu to fix the disappearing cursor tail and then it immediately disappeared again after pressing F9 seconds after re-opening the client. This bug is driving me mad.
peppy
Fixed for next build.