forum

osu!direct option to update outdated maps while spectating

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +16
Topic Starter
Hanyuu
Spectating an outdated version should automaticly update your beatmap if your wanting to watch a player. A lot of times you miss an update whle you want to watch someone play a song you know.. Then you go into spec and osu direct will tell you to redownload the beatmap. If that happens its totally awkard, you must quit the spec go to your song update spec again ..

I think this feature should definitely be implemented because it has allways been like that and i think its just annoying
theowest
or at least be given an option to do so:
I you already have the beatmap, it should be Redownload and/or Update instead of the current Download button.

edit: p/2234514

Hanyuu wrote:

Yeah thinking about the other people with their maps and about losing unsubmitted progress. I think the update button in the direct window should be the best solution
for more to see
Topic Starter
Hanyuu

theowest wrote:

I you already have the beatmap, it should be Redownload and/or Update instead of the current Download button.
Thats actually just the thing i dont like theowest. If this happens when i have the beatmap it should not make this window and make download it again. It should update as u say before asking me to download the map again or go to map :o
eldnl

Hanyuu wrote:

theowest wrote:

Thats actually just the thing i dont like theowest. If this happens when i have the beatmap it should not make this window and make download it again. It should update as u say before asking me to download the map again or go to map :o
what if is your map and you didn't upload the last version? you will lost your work
Topic Starter
Hanyuu
well that should be the exception. either way why would you want to the specate someone intentionally playing your map anyways. If it is an older unsubmitted version and you still want to spectate. you would have to back it up and rollback your diff anyhow. please understand the the true meaning of this request
laport
good idea
MillhioreF
This is a great idea. Fixed up your topic title to fit in the space alotted.
Shadow

Hanyuu wrote:

well that should be the exception. either way why would you want to the specate someone intentionally playing your map anyways. If it is an older unsubmitted version and you still want to spectate. you would have to back it up and rollback your diff anyhow. please understand the the true meaning of this request
Speaking out of a occasional mapper perspective. I'd like to see how players play my map, seeing what patterns confuses them. Speaking out of a player perspective, I have quite a few maps where I modified AR 8 -> 9, or AR 10 -> 9 etc so yes, if this was introduced, I'd like it to prompt you first.
Topic Starter
Hanyuu
Well sorry about this wording it was kind of late when i wrote this. I mean why would you want to intentionally watch someone play your map when you know your version is not updated and you know the other one does not have the latest version
theowest
so you should just be given the option then before it updates for you, this will satisfy everyone. The current Download button will make you redownload the map, so an update button would do good.
Topic Starter
Hanyuu
Yeah thinking about the other people with their maps and about losing unsubmitted progress. I think the update button in the direct window should be the best solution
Aqo
why you set one thread as duplicate but not bump the other
that's the same as killing a good request

gogo please this
Winshley
There were a case where MillhioreF spectated me playing an outdated Approved map. I'm not sure how this can be handled.