forum

MegaTen discussion (formerly Persona 4)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Two_old
I got bored of persona 3 and 4 right before the end bosses of both of them. I was lucky in persona 4 and found the accessory that lets you survive with 1 hp in the bath house, but still lost hours to bs deaths.
Slain087
Well, considering that Junpei nukes one of them with a Agidyne spell when the said person has a Persona immune to Fire, I guess we just chalk it up to Gameplay and Story Segregation (Warning: Slain does not take any responsibility for any time wasted on TVTropes as a result of this link).

Oh, and after looking it up on Wikipedia, it's entirely possible that [Revolver Jesus] uses bullets with non-deformable material cores. Since deforming bullets to increase surface area is all bulletproof vests do, it is entirely possible for a bullet with such a core to go right through. I also remember stories of bulletproof vests failing even at mid-to-long range.

I don't remember the cutscene too well, so eh.
Zatoichi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ivalset
You can't turn a persona 4 discussion into a Persona 3 Portable discussion. Not allowed unless I edit the title of this thread to Persona Series discussion or Shin Megami Tensei series discussion.

So which do you want?
adam2046
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Remco32
Playing this on a emulator. Didn't want to buy a PS2 for just 2 games (Persona 4 and Tales of the Abyss).
12 hours and counting @ the bathhouse!
Ivalset
I'm super excited about female main for Persona 3 Portable.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
I approve
adam2046
I heard The Answer will not be included.
:(
Loginer

Two wrote:

I got bored of persona 3 and 4 right before the end bosses of both of them. I was lucky in persona 4 and found the accessory that lets you survive with 1 hp in the bath house, but still lost hours to bs deaths.
You must be joking. Persona 4 was the by far easiest turn-based RPG I've ever played. The only boss battle I had any problems with was Izanami, but fusing better Personas solved that problem.

Persona 3 seems to be slightly more difficult, but very little grinding has been involved so far (currently at the end of block 2).
Ivalset
Hardest part of persona games are the first 5 hours.

Also if you're not playing on expert mode you're not playing the game.
Two_old
Senbon
Lovely Hama and Mudo.

You gotta love them.

But that gets thrown out the window by the 10th hour in P4. :(

P3P looks promising.. Atlus never disappoints. Y'know, I REALLY want to know how the dating works with MShe, now.

And Persona 3 sure is gonna be the cash cow.

EDIT: Lol. Sorry, it was just some impulse. I'm normal now.
Ivalset
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
I'm sleepy
Zatoichi
(12:00:59 PM) Archetype: Too bad P3P will never be released in Amerikkka.
(12:01:12 PM) Archetype: Just like Fatal Frame 4.
Mogsy
So, bumping this thread due to the Persona remake for PSP. It's actually a huge improvement over the original (mostly because the original was shit), and the battle system doesn't seem to suck as hard as it used to. Maybe because it feels much less like you're trudging through mud.
Remco32
Anyone has tips on fusing Persona's on P4? I just blindly try some combinations...
Zatoichi
The only time I fused personas was when I needed to make a Melee-strong persona for the Kanji fight. Never fused any personas other than the special fusions.

I want Ivalset to map the female overworld theme for P3P.
Loginer

Remco32 wrote:

Anyone has tips on fusing Persona's on P4? I just blindly try some combinations...
Get Black Frost. You won't need to fuse another Persona again (with the exception of Trumpeter endgame).
Ivalset
Just use strength personas for the entire game.

YOU WIN !

And of course Trumpeter for end game. If you catch the good fusion forecast near/at end game, and you have the persona to make him, you can use Yoshitsune instead.

Edit: Oh man, I finally got a hold of the female mc battle theme. Shit owns.
Remco32
SPOILER
Cool, stripclub dungeon :D
Loginer
Increase your internal res. Now.
Remco32

Loginer wrote:

Increase your internal res. Now.
Got some extra frames by not playing in 720p
Ivalset

Remco32
Do equiped weapons affect your skill damage?
Ivalset
I honestly can't remember, but I don't think they do. I think they have seperate power ratings/accuracy.
Mogsy

Remco32 wrote:

Just weapon damage.
Remco32

Mogsworth wrote:

Remco32 wrote:

Just weapon damage.
Does this include melee skills too, or only regular attacks?
rust45
I just got P4 (after playing and beating P3) and it's taking a little for me to get used to. The way the dungeons work feel odd cause of the camera angle and it's much harder to sneak up on enemies. Although I do think the Battle System has improved and AI of computers are much better. Most of the time I just let my team do what they want cause I'm used to it, but when it's needed (such as a boss) I'll just take control of all of them.
Zatoichi

rust45 wrote:

and it's much harder to sneak up on enemies
Kehehe
Ivalset
After about floor 5 in the first dungeon, sneaking up on enemies was easy.

Then again, I always used two handed swords/fists in p3, so not much changed in timing.
rust45
Ivalset
Oh, that sounds really boring. I always just run up to them and hit them. Even if they see me first. 55/100 times I get advantage since they're stupid, 44/100 it's just normal, and every now and then I swing early.

I've been doing the same thing in P3P, but it's kind of bad, since enemies get advantage pretty often if they see you on maniac, and with the p4 battle system elements, eating multiple ma-elemental spells is kind of painful.
Mogsy
P1 is still fantastic, guys. Except when it comes to some of the characters. A lot of your party members are unlikeable douches, especially if you go for playing with Ayase in your party.
rust45

Ivalset wrote:

Oh, that sounds really boring. I always just run up to them and hit them. Even if they see me first. 55/100 times I get advantage since they're stupid, 44/100 it's just normal, and every now and then I swing early.
Well it worked well and made it a hell of a lot easier to grind.
Remco32
I love my quicksave/load function

Also bump
Loginer
There's nothing quite like ruining a good game with cheats.
Ivalset
http://www.atlus.com/p3p/home.html

English p3p announced, or at least Atlus finally decided to e-mail me about it.

7/6/10, god damn that's far away.
Bestelle

Ivalset wrote:

7/6/10, god damn that's far away.
Too far... I need mah female lead. Of course I'm also getting it for the extra scenes. Apparently they added moar for the male protagonist.
show more