forum

Use country detection to open the proper channel [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
izzydemon
Basically this: Since osu! can detect and show ingame the person's country, it'd be a good idea to also open the proper channel for that person.
Example:

Brazilian player @ #osu
Brazilian player: alguem aqui fala portugues?
Moderator: !faq portuguese

Instead, if this feature existed, the game would detect the player as brazilian and automatically oppen the channel #portuguese for them, instead of opening #osu, seeing as the new players can't guess if #osu is an english-only channel when they first log in.

I think this would be a good thing to have in osu!; thanks for reading.
theowest
duplicate t/44109
very related: t/65726
Topic Starter
izzydemon

theowest wrote:

duplicate t/44109
very related: t/65726
I've seen these, I'm posting the same thing again because both of these are old and abandoned
theowest
Then bump them. The only reason to abandon an old request is to mark them as something, i.e. move them to Completed requests. They're still valid.
Topic Starter
izzydemon

theowest wrote:

Then bump them. The only reason to abandon an old request is to mark them as something, i.e. move them to Completed requests. They're still valid.
Okay you can close this one, I'll bump the old thread. I'd have done that but necro-ing threads is kind of wrong.
theowest

Nioki wrote:

theowest wrote:

Okay you can close this one, I'll bump the old thread. I'd have done that but necro-ing threads is kind of wrong.
Not in the Feature Request or Technical Support forums.