forum

Introductions

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
OH GOD PEOPLE ARE SAYING MEAN THINGS BECAUSEOF MY INTRO POST.

WE BETTER FILTER THIS FORUM SO ALL THE IMMEDIATE DISLIKE OF USERS COMES ALL AT ONCE THE MOMENT THEY START POSTING IN OTHER FORUMS.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Pokebis
I recently came to the conclusion that the Introduction forums are for sympathy and free compliments rather than intelligent introductions explaining what you plan to contribute to the community and what kind of person you are. By the way, people, being a furry or an otaku is not a kind of person, it is a hobby.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
I'm a girl
awp
idk this thread doesn't seem much different, kind of a boo-hoo butthurt bitchfest vis-a-vis the way you seem to interpret reactions to provocative posts

while I don't disagree with the viewpoint that people shouldn't get so uptight when other people point out that they have a faggy intro post ("random" and "hyper(active)" are two adjectives that should never be used; quick example) that's a pretty poor platform to be a hypocrite on.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Tell me

What is keeping the intro forum secure going to do other than make 12 year old naruto watching fanfic writers even more annoying because they feel they feel accepted.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Although I'm in favor of still restricting pokebis's posts.
awp

lukewarmholiday wrote:

What is keeping the intro forum secure going to do other than make 12 year old naruto watching fanfic writers even more annoying because they feel they feel accepted.
The idea is to keep all the garbage (whether it be aggressive flaming or just plain innocent faggotry) to one forum (two if you count the Abandoned Wasteland) but given that there are two distinct types of garbage it's basically segregating the two to some extent - while Random is full of both faggotry and flaming, Introductions is ideally limited to just faggotry.
Jarby
I need to double post to feel special.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
I double post because post count isn't counted anyway.

Also, trying to keep the clutter out of General Discussion has really kept that forum alive.
Turpin2009
Where else would you have newbies like myself ease themselves into a whole new forum environment besides there though?

Fairly sure many new posters are scared off by the intimidating discussions held by established members that they don't understand or hostile attitudes towards 'noobs', it's the same on every forum I've ever frequented across the internet.
Pokebis

Turpin2009 wrote:

Where else would you have newbies like myself ease themselves into a whole new forum environment besides there though?

Fairly sure many new posters are scared off by the intimidating discussions held by established members that they don't understand or hostile attitudes towards 'noobs', it's the same on every forum I've ever frequented across the internet.
Then you should know what to expect.
anonymous_old
Tips to a successful adolescent life on the osu! forums:
  1. Get an avatar.
  2. Read osu! chat (IRC) a bit, and perhaps take part of conversations.
  3. Stay away from Forum Games/Random.
  4. Make productive posts.
  5. Use proper spelling, capitalization, and punctuation if you're not writing "lolwut" or similar (though see tip 4).
Jarby

strager wrote:

[*]Make productive posts.
Stop posting.
Turpin2009

Pokebis wrote:

Turpin2009 wrote:

Then you should know what to expect.
I'm not complaining here at all, I've been on far more hostile forums than these and rather enjoyed some of the banter.

Merely pointing out that if you're going to complain about the 'introductions' section, you should accept that new people are inevitably going to wan to post there as they're put off by you 'orrible lot, fact.