forum

Top 5 hardest maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
What are your top 5 hardest maps?

Rate them from hardest to least, with a small description detailing each map and why you think it is hard. The best contributions will be used for valuable testing purposes!
Aqo
ranked or unranked? (L'erisia and Lolita Complex eat FD and Atama for breakfast)

hardest jump or hardest stream? (Atama/Rainbow Dash = hardest ranked jump. FD = hardest ranked stream. jump vs stream = completely different skills, might be easier or harder for every single different player)

hardest to fc or hardest to pass? (chipscape is not that hard to pass. good luck ever FCing it. Pluto might be harder to pass, but once you learn to do it, easier to FC)

what about DT? hardest that was FC'd? (i.e. Remote Control DT or Wahrheit DT > higher than FD/Atama)

just "hardest" alone is way too vague than to get answers with any consistency, especially when requesting an amount as small as 5.
silmarilen
i think it would be something like this
xi - FREEDOM DiVE [FOUR DIMENSIONS] 222 bpm spaced streams throughout the whole map, it requires insane speed, aim and stamina
Hatsune Miku - Atama no Taisou [Nogard] 240 bpm jumps all over the place including squares and streams
Renard - Rainbow Dash Likes Girls (Stay Gay Pony Girl) [Holy Shit! It's Rainbow Dash!!] another map of (this time 220 bpm) jumps all over the place with occasional streams
Black Hole - Pluto [Challenge] random notes all over the screen and insane SV changes on an increasing bpm up to 270 at the end.
The Quick Brown Fox - The Big Black [ WHO'S AFRAID OF THE BIG BLACK] those sliders man, those sliders.
its kind of in order but its really hard to do so, i just picked 5 of the maps that i think are the hardest in the game but there may be other maps which would fit better
and not taking TAG diffs into account
possibly also things like
Yousei Teikoku - Kokou no Sousei [Chaos]
Team Nekokan - Can't Defeat Airman [Holy Shit! It's Airman!!]
Mismagius
as for ranked/approved
1. Rainbow Dash - fullscreen jumps everywhere + 220bpm streams
2. Freedom Dive - self-explanatory, spaced non-stop streams
3. Kokou no Sousei - a very hard map overall, jumps are very tricky
4. Big Black - mostly the last part with spaced 360 1/2s and the slider circular jumps
5. Atama - same as kokou no sousei
VoidnOwO
What silmarilen said, except that I don't think Pluto is in top 5.

?

Ephemeral wrote:

difficulty does need redoing, and there's a few ideas i have for going about that.

probably deserves it's own thread, but i intend to attempt to write a new star rating that determines difficulty based on the average mouse speed in osupixels/s and the average distance between hitobjects over the number of hitobjects in a specific map. in my head, this would give a much more contextually appropriate difficulty rating to songs than we currently have.
Porsche
I am representing Jesus1412

Excluding low drain:

IOSYS - Utage wa Eien ni ~SHD~ [TAG4] This isn't possible (giant fullscreen 1/4 streams.)
Nico Nico Douga - U.N. Owen wa Kanojo nanoka? (Nico Mega Mix)[TAG4] This isn't possible (giant fullscreen 1/4 square streams.)
beatMARIO - Night of Knights [TAG4] This isn't possible (nonsense ending 1/4 1/2 1/1 streams with crazy spacing and no logical patterns at the end.)
Nico Nico Douga - BARUSA of MIKOSU [TAG4] This isn't possible (nonsense ending 1/4 1/2 1/1 streams with crazy spacing and no logical patterns at the end.)
xi - FREEDOM DiVE [FOUR DIMENSIONS] This is just about possible (spaced fast streams especially the ending streams.)
Aqo

BRBP wrote:

What silmarilen said, except that I don't think Pluto is in top 5.
try playing it without ht
VoidnOwO
:)
fartownik
1. Freedom Dive - if you don't have enough of stamina, you won't even pass. You probably won't pass even if you'd have enough because of the spacing.
2. Atama no Taisou - 240bpm squares, nothing much to comment here.
3. Rainbow Dash - low AR + squares. Low AR makes the map a lot less attractive for the people that could actually FC/play it pretty well.
4. Shotgun Symphony - old map, still unbeaten. Hard because of the very bad quality, small notes and low AR.
5. Airman - jumps all over the screen!

Didn't put TAG maps as they're indeed the hardest ones, but they weren't meant to be played solo and play just stupid while doing so.
Aqo

fartownik wrote:

1. Freedom Dive - if you don't have enough of stamina, you won't even pass. You probably won't pass even if you'd have enough because of the spacing.
3. Rainbow Dash - low AR + squares. Low AR makes the map a lot less attractive for the people that could actually FC/play it pretty well.
4. Shotgun Symphony - old map, still unbeaten. Hard because of the very bad quality, small notes and low AR.

Didn't put TAG maps as they're indeed the hardest ones, but they weren't meant to be played solo and play just stupid while doing so.
Shotgun Symphony is hard because of the stream spacing and how the streams overlap themselves. The other reasons you stated aren't actually hard on it.
Airman is hard to FC because of left/right part and long set of 1/2s with no break.
Rainbow dash is hard because it's fast and highly spaced with long 1/2 sets. Same reason as atama. Low AR isn't the hard part on it (altho it contributes to the difficulty, higher AR doesn't make it easy)
boat
Hard by what definition? Hard to me that I would play or maps that I know are too hard for me to even bother playing?
buny

Aqo wrote:

fartownik wrote:

Shotgun Symphony is hard because of the stream spacing and how the streams overlap themselves. The other reasons you stated aren't actually hard on it.
Airman is hard to FC because of left/right part and long set of 1/2s with no break.
Rainbow dash is hard because it's fast and highly spaced with long 1/2 sets. Same reason as atama. Low AR isn't the hard part on it (altho it contributes to the difficulty, higher AR doesn't make it easy)
is this an e-peen post?
ar might not be hard for you, but it is harder for others.

With no mod on atama and rainbow dash likes girls i get a C rank while on hr i can get B so it's just preference.

Airman is hard to FC because of the CONSTANT huge spaced jumps that a lot of people would fail if it didn't have -50hpdrain. Same for atama and rainbow dash, you could hit less than half the squares/jumps and still pass the map (i did this when i was less skilled than i am now, i just camped 1/4 notes in constant 1/2s on parts i couldn't do).

shotgun symphony is hard because it's a terrible map
those
Quite a difference between hard to FC and hard to pass/stay alive; though I do hope you're asking for the latter.
Purple
I'm ignoring maps beyond my BPM limit in this post.

1. Can't Defeat Airman - Requires lots of concentration, some patterns are hard to read.
2. Shotgun Symphony - Very hard to read, tiny circles, fast sliders
3. Kirby Mix Compilation Deluxe - Long map, spaced 200 BPM streams
4. He Has No Mittens BD's Mittens - Long square jumps
5. The Big Black - Requires very good accuracy (i.e. timing on the slider jumps and the spaced streams)
Loves
Ranked:

1. Shotgun Symphony - Horribly mapped, confuses the crap out of 99.9% of players.

2. Freedom Dive - 222bpm streams all day for 5 minutes.

3. Rainbow Dash - Low AR and hard patterns

4. Atama no Taisou - 240bpm and hard patterns

5. Joint Struggle (?) - Hard spacing. Sliders/circles placed awkwardly.

TAG4/2 maps don't count since they're meant for multiple players.
Soarezi
Pluto is not that hard map, the jumps are well placed imo.
#1 Freedom dive: insane stamina & good aiming required, must maintain the good aim even if you get tired.
#2 Rainbow dash: problem with this is the Low AR, across map jumps too.
#3 Atama no taisou: same problem with AR, jumps are manageable though.
#4 Airman : I'm just generally bad at jumps so yeah.
#5 Big black: just because of how horribly the map is made. :-)
Loves
I highly doubt Freedom Dive is the hardest out there. Maybe the most infamous for it's demand for extreme stamina and speed but that's it.

The hardest maps lie in the pre 2010 era where maps are so badly made that playing them and getting good accuracy on them is considered an achievement.
-GN
As far as passing goes... (and excluding tag4s for obvious purposes)

#1 - FREEDOM DiVE: infinistreams that the fewest of players can pass due to the extreme finger stamina and consistent aim required to not miss. I haven't passed this. D:
#2 - Atama no Taisou: the infamous squares are incredibly hard to pass provided you're not using tag4 map strategies(I did that).
#3 - The Big Black: tough overall difficulty, but has a few spots that puts this on #3; the square slider jump parts around the map, and the fucking end spaced stream that kills 90% of everyone that can do the rest of the map.
#4 - Rainbow Dash Likes Girls: super wide jumps everywhere and difficult patterns. It also has a 220bpm stream in the middle somewhere that is very difficult to hit due to the spacing.
#5 - Kokou no Sousei: terrifying map. It never lets up on the pressure, and will keep you on your toes for five very long and very stressful minutes.

Honorary mention: Shotgun Symphony+, but that's a shitmap so yeah.
VoidnOwO
buny

BRBP wrote:

trap Black American - you just activated my trap card
I'd SS it with HR + DT but I find the 600bpm stream a bit too difficult because it starts outside of the screen :(

fripSide - only my railgun (Jubeatsu)
HR without disabling skin/sb 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Please define "hardest" unless you want everyone to keep posting the same maps.
hardest = the most difficult

no point posting stupid unranked maps that don't even make sense/impossible
VoidnOwO
Rokusho
How about the DragonForce maps? Lots of streams with small circle size makes it hard to FC.
Probably because most songs from DragonForce are pretty long it requires more stamina, that could be the reason there are not many FCs on those maps imo.
silmarilen
i was also thinking about the dragonforce maps, but in the end i chose to not put them in my top5 because there are harder maps
Pizzicato
#1 freedom dive
#2 Atama no taisou
#3 Black hole - Pluto
#4 Yousei teikoku - the creator (nyaten)
#5 Kokou no sousei (chaos)
Hiryuu_old
#1: xi - FREEDOM DiVE (Four Dimensions)
#2: Hatsune Miku - Atama no Taisou (Nogard)
#3: The Quick Brown Fox - The Big Black (WHO'S AFRAID OF THE BIG BLACK)
#4: Renard - Rainbow Dash Likes Girls (Stay Gay Pony Girl) [Holy Shit! It's Rainbow Dash!!]
#5: Kitsune^2 - Rainbow Tylenol (Hell)

I'm surprised there hasn't been a lot of mentioning for Rainbow Tylenol, the hardest difficulty there is pretty much what the difficulty has been set for, which is hell in a nutshell.
show more