forum

Osu! Personal Coach / Training Mod. [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Akhlis_old
General Overview:
So I was thinking osu could really use a Training Mod / Coach feature. I kind of hate to play a 700+ combo map and miss at the end cuz I don't know the pattern or the beatmap is featuring a map style which I'm weak at playing. So tell me, you never rage when you miss on a map and replay it and miss again just cuz you don't know the pattern or you just can't do that jump/stream?

Why?
I think this way we will boost the overall player skill. Practicing a area you are bad at till you get it is a nice way to improve your personal skills.

This Mod will work this way:
Select any map and maybe select an area/zone you want to play. Something how Guitar Hero have.
Keep track (locally) of your past trainings and gives you feedback if you improved or not showing results in green or red just like the accuracy is being reported.
Maybe show a graph for the last 5 tries.
Maybe the ability to compare your results with others? (Friend list?)

What else would be cool:
Have "daily quests" - Play map X with Mod X / Improve score on map X / Play map X for X times.
Try to implement a feedback system (I know, I know, this would be hard and will require hundred of hours of work/research) telling you what you should do to get better. Maybe make it intelligent and collect data from other players, see what they do to improve, make math and get an optimized result for each player.
Ability to choose play style: Left / Right Handed. Mouse Only, Mouse + KeyBoard or Tablet + KeyBoard.

What else:
This system could be a total win for all the community and could help players learn/improve so much faster, so please add your ideas, help me improve this feature question for unlimited love *hug*
Compa
Duplicate.
deadbeat
so a practice mod?
Ayesha Altugle
1. do it in the editor
2. play it
3. go to the part that you don't pass
4. problem solved
Topic Starter
Akhlis_old

vahn10 wrote:

1. do it in the editor
2. play it
4. problem solved

Not too many know about this.
This mod should be most for the new players :)
she_old

Akhlis wrote:

So tell me, you never rage when you miss on a map and replay it and miss again just cuz you don't know the pattern or you just can't do that jump/stream?
nope, retrying is boring, at most I replay it in multiplayer with others when I'm out of ideas.

but I don't see this getting implemented because you could achieve the same goal for the retrying part within the editor.
New players could do some research in order to find it though ;p

for the "What else would be cool" part you should make a new thread, 1 feature request per thread.
ampzz
I rage even when I do full combo the map especially if it's crap accuracy or I just ruin an SS run with a dumb slider break.

When in doubt, hit it with a hammer.
Topic Starter
Akhlis_old

she wrote:

for the "What else would be cool" part you should make a new thread, 1 feature request per thread.
This should be implemented into the training system.
she_old
Well then, prepare a thread for the "What else would be cool" part for when this one gets denied :p
deadbeat
oh right. the duplicate. this is pretty much a practice mod isn't it?
practice mods have been requested and denied

feel free to keep talking though if you want
she_old
So Akhlis, why are the dancing lolis at the bottom of your signature?
and why does it say "Romanian Player" in your signature bar? We can already see your flag here http://puu.sh/2PeDm.png
Topic Starter
Akhlis_old

she wrote:

So Akhlis, why are the dancing lolis at the bottom of your signature?
and why does it say "Romanian Player" in your signature bar? We can already see your flag here http://puu.sh/2PeDm.png
Good questions, but I think they are offtopic :) Just my personal pref.
she_old

Akhlis wrote:

Good questions, but I think they are offtopic :)

deadbeat wrote:

feel free to keep talking though if you want
now answer
Ayesha Altugle

Akhlis wrote:

vahn10 wrote:

1. do it in the editor
2. play it
4. problem solved

Not too many know about this.
This mod should be most for the new players :)
/me ragequits