forum

The end of the MAT

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
It has been a long road, and a hell of a journey. From the team's beginning as a measure to help address the slowing ranking cycle many years ago, the MAT have gone through a number of changes to become what they are today.

Or rather, what they were.

Effective immediately, all previous MAT have been promoted to members of the Beatmap Appreciation Team with full privileges and permissions, and the Mapping Assistance Team has been permanently dissolved, gone forever.

Members of the MAT who had a particular role (such as mania-only MAT or taiko-only MAT) will adopt that role amongst the BAT, and their forum titles will be updated in the coming days to reflect this.

No changes have been made to the ranking cycle. A map still needs a bubble before it can be ranked, and approval maps need at least two.

Let's all welcome the following 27 members to the team!

bossandy
Byakugan249
chonicle
DJPop
Elly-chan
Entozer
Frostmourne
Gabe
happy30
Jacob
Kei
Kenezz
Leorda
lovhin456
LunarSakuya
Makar
Melophobia
Nymph
Nyquill
popner
Roddie
Shulin
spboxer3
Strawberry
Teara
wcx19911123
xxheroxx
vipto
WOW
That is something new...
Raging Bull
first?

well fuck guess not.

Yay DJPop finally BAT!
HeatKai
Hah ^
Natsu
oh i see hope this gonna be better
deadbeat
may i ask why this has happened?
eveless
Congrats to all you, the time back to 2010 and 2008 now
Colin Hou
luckily I used to get some proto-bubbles and kept working as MAT for 2 years.

bye-bye MAT.
Rumia-
woo Entozer n chonicle \ o /
Topic Starter
Ephemeral

deadbeat wrote:

may i ask why this has happened?
this was a response to role dilution over the past few months which very rapidly thinned the barrier between what MAT were expected to do and what the BAT actually did. a MAT was effectively a BAT that couldn't rank, but was trusted with assessing maps as rankable, which was a complete contradiction from the very start and only a stopgap measure introduced to help the staff team better identify maps that were slipping between the cracks in the ranking cycle.

with this change, the former MAT now have full access to all the tools they need to perform their jobs properly as they were doing before, and we get a bunch of fresh blood and new opinions in the team to boot.
wmfchris
I hope all of you guys enjoy the BATship and don't forget to contribute more to the community ;)

Colin Hou wrote:

luckily I used to get some proto-bubbles and kept working as MAT for 2 years.

bye-bye MAT.
Liked the pubble icon lol
DeletedUser_1417202
Wow..
Kirino Kousaka
okayface.png
Now it's harder to be one of them
congrats to all \:D/
deadbeat
personally i feel that having the MAT was a better idea, but i'm willing to see how this works out. though i'm still unsure if this is really a good idea or not.
Kanye West
frostmourne BAT yay 8-)
Mara
Oh snap.

Does this mean my map will get ranked?

Gratz.
Luna
Oh, wow!
Congratz to everybody, I'm sure you'll do great work! I'm especially happy about the increased amount of Taiko BATs :D
Mythiax
gratz to everyone

Frostmourne BAT \:D/
Natteke
James2250

Mara wrote:

Does this mean my map will get ranked?
Sorry but still no. *Ahem*

Congrats everyone :D
Flanster
Congrats to everyone!
The BAT Cave needs some extending.