forum

osu!minecraft - redux [vanilla + factions]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jinxy
Oh, wait, not buying claims, buying power, I mean. Would it be possible? As long as it's controlled (cap or something), it shouldn't make some factions too overpowered.
PROGUY
I think that's not necessary at all. 10 Power per member is actually good enough. For factions with only one person, he alone can already take up quite a good space for a decent base with 9 used Power (48 x 48 claimed land). If there's not enough room, you could just either find new recruits or make your base taller.

I'm also against currency systems, because I like the fact that people should find a way to get their own resources in nearby lands and then perform trades in spawn, just like how it works similarly in real life (TM).
Jinxy

PROGUY wrote:

I'm also against currency systems, because I like the fact that people should find a way to get their own resources in nearby lands and then perform trades in spawn, just like how it works similarly in real life (TM).
are you playing this game in 2000BC

Joke aside, I assume you mean not being able to spawn diamonds out of mid-air by paying a sign or something, and I can agree with that. Currency between players is a lot more flexible than bartering though.

Buying things unable to get in survival for exorbitant prices like spawn eggs was great though imo. Maybe do the same with monster heads
kwakkevin

JInxyjem wrote:

Buying things unable to get in survival for exorbitant prices like spawn eggs was great though imo. Maybe do the same with monster heads
YES.
I want creeper head :V
whymeman
If the economy is ever setup, I can build some shops around or just one massive market.
Corin
How can you call it vanilla if it has a mod like factions on it :/
It's just survival then.
VoidnOwO
:)
Charles445

whymeman wrote:

If the economy is ever setup, I can build some shops around or just one massive market.
If you ever plan on adding an economy system please talk to me and I'll help you with the balance.

I crashed the market on dkun's old server because he screwed it up, hehehehe

Also there's a pretty serious raider running around breaking people's stuff, watch your backs. TouhouLvl9 got totaled when I wasn't looking
whymeman

Charles445 wrote:

whymeman wrote:

If you ever plan on adding an economy system please talk to me and I'll help you with the balance.

I crashed the market on dkun's old server because he screwed it up, hehehehe

Also there's a pretty serious raider running around breaking people's stuff, watch your backs. TouhouLvl9 got totaled when I wasn't looking
Craft Market Crash :V

As for the Griefer, we'll see. Though, I knew it wouldn't be long before one shows up.
Jinxy
How did that happen anyway? Aren't claims protected already? It'd take a lot of tnt to total a claimed area.
whymeman
I took a quick look over there to see the damage. It looks more as if the person lured creepers into the weak points of the claim(s). So it would be best to watch how you build from this point.

Charles445
It's not griefing, it's raiding. It's part of how factions works.
James2250
Faction members tell me someone is going around raiding and putting signs saying "acme rules" (our faction) because we killed the ender dragon first or something?

Jealous? ;)
whymeman
Jeez. It hasn't been 3 weeks yet :o

I better start crafting up some crazy ideas then.

Edit: FFFFFFFFFFF- is the server having issues right now? No one can get through as if the auth plugin is having issues or the connection of the server is down.
Charles445

James2250 wrote:

Faction members tell me someone is going around raiding and putting signs saying "acme rules" (our faction) because we killed the ender dragon first or something?

Jealous? ;)
That wasn't you? I thought that was someone from acme doing it
PROGUY
My base has been griefed/raided as well and there's a sign outside saying "Acme rules!". I thought the base was supposed to be protected from outsiders, but nope.

I will assume with the proof above that Acme are the ones who did it. If they aren't the ones who did it, provide evidence.
VoidnOwO
:oops:
HolyBoy

PROGUY wrote:

My base has been griefed/raided as well and there's a sign outside saying "Acme rules!". I thought the base was supposed to be protected from outsiders, but nope.

I will assume with the proof above that Acme are the ones who did it. If they aren't the ones who did it, provide evidence.

Well, like I was saying in the MC Chat, neither i nor You can prove we did or did not do it
a sign is no proof in anyway as ANYONE could have put it... not to mention none of our members are dumb enough to put a sign like if we did raid...
whymeman
Reminds me of the time someone put "whymeman was here" in Valhalla. Just after logging in, I get called a bastard (and some other rude names) Till I said "Hold on. How can I place a sign when i'm NOT in your town to be able to?"

Of course, the person felt foolish to assume something true on something that wasn't inspected thoroughly. But whoever it is is by chance the same person who caused some damage in the old world too. But, it's not like we can find each other's Factions that easily since DynaMap isn't loaded in.
Jinxy

whymeman wrote:

Reminds me of the time someone put "whymeman was here" in Valhalla. Just after logging in, I get called a bastard (and some other rude names) Till I said "Hold on. How can I place a sign when i'm NOT in your town to be able to?"

Of course, the person felt foolish to assume something true on something that wasn't inspected thoroughly. But whoever it is is by chance the same person who caused some damage in the old world too. But, it's not like we can find each other's Factions that easily since DynaMap isn't loaded in.
1. Sorry about that incident, reflex action =x
Though, for the record, you only replied "?" and then it clicked in my mind that you couldn't have done it
2. Doubt it's the same person, he hasn't played in the new server so far.
whymeman
It's just a guess. I still remember some of the guys from Dark Ages...
kwakkevin

whymeman wrote:

It's just a guess. I still remember some of the guys from Dark Ages...
Hudzell was worse. 'nuff said.
PROGUY
After thinking about it for a while (and reading some of the replies here in this topis), I'll take back what I said earlier and I apologize to Acme for accusing them.

I'm still pretty much angry that my two weeks of hardwork of gathering and organizing a lot of stuff (rip 1 stack of obsidian) is still gone though. I'm now currently suspecting Ashilax (JAKACHAN in osu!) because he's been a total ass to some of us in the server.
whymeman
Wasn't there a war thing going on from before around a week ago?

Edit: Added some sky lands to explore for fun. Will look into adding more stuff to keep it interesting. I won't tell you where it is though.

PROGUY
I heard about the war; but he's still bring an ass regardless before and after, and he marked my faction and one other faction as enemies.
Charles445

PROGUY wrote:

I heard about the war; but he's still bring an ass regardless before and after, and he marked my faction and one other faction as enemies.
IIRC he marked those factions because they were close to the end portal so he could be first to the end.
That worked out well for him didn't it :|
PROGUY
Yeah, but...

James2250 wrote:

Jealous? ;)
If this is true, then it's no doubt the main reason why he goes all-out rage on us.

P.S. I still do not know where the freaking stronghold is, and neither where TouhouL9's base is.
Charles445

PROGUY wrote:

If this is true, then it's no doubt the main reason why he goes all-out rage on us.

P.S. I still do not know where the freaking stronghold is, and neither where TouhouL9's base is.
IIRC it's literally where jaka claimed land.
Also TouhouLv9's base is split into numerous parts. There's a snow and desert portion, possibly more, haven't checked recently. I have coordinates for both since I keep track of that sort of thing.
whymeman
I did see a claimed spot for Touhou9 next to Trololol-whatever in the desert. But it looked like empty space...
James2250
Acme is now in Hyrule! Credit to holyboy for making like...the entire thing :D

Kitsunemimi

James2250 wrote:

Man, those screenshots are boring. You gotta do it like this.

I mean, there aren't any screenshots in there with Holyboy's work, but... whatever! I just wanted a chance to post these anyways.
dkun

Kitsunemimi wrote:

James2250 wrote:

Man, those screenshots are boring. You gotta do it like this.

I mean, there aren't any screenshots in there with Holyboy's work, but... whatever! I just wanted a chance to post these anyways.
holy shit how

share your ways of how minecraft looks amazing
kwakkevin

dkun wrote:

holy shit how

Shaders. End of story.
(Maybe with HD render too)
James2250
In my defense I am using one of the worst graphics cards ever (intel...why you make built-in graphics) so I am on the lowest graphics settings, that's my excuse anyway ;) On default skin atm too.

Those are some nice pics I have to say though.
Kitsunemimi
And it all runs on realtime @ something like 50-70 FPS \o/. Thank god for Kepler.
(Minecraft can't handle SLI though, so I could actually make it a lot better with it...)

dkun wrote:

holy shit how

...Errr, I tend to usually try to keep these things a secret but.... ehh.
Well, I'll post the mod thread here. After that it's up to you to get it installed and configured nicely!
Click me :D

This way, only people who are smart enough to figure it out can have it >:3. Anyways, have fun with your super sexy unbelievable shaders~
Charles445
MagicLauncher, etc etc
whymeman
Added Underwater Castle for extra exploration. Who will find it? No one will know :D

kwakkevin

whymeman wrote:

Added Underwater Castle for extra exploration. Who will find it? No one will know :D

whymeman wrote:

Edit: Added some sky lands to explore for fun. Will look into adding more stuff to keep it interesting. I won't tell you where it is though.

As a person who had access to his early versions of dungeons/castles/whatnots, they can be hard.
But most of the time, the reward is worth the risk.
For example, if whymeman copied his old version of floating island and did nothing to the original ones (2 jungle tree islands and 1 small sand island), the islands have a lot of ores and hidden chest contains nether star(s) and other valuable things.

this didn't give away everything, right? . 3.
whymeman
Lol. That was made more from my personal copy. I didn't really add extremely rare stuff in them this time and plus, if one was to claim the spot as their own, that would be the actual big bonus right there. As for what's in it, it's up to the person that gets there to look around as much as they can. Though, if the TMI was added to the server itself, I can recreate the Doom Tomb within 3 weeks minimal (it's that huge).

Cyclohexane
Being a pain in the ass towards people in the faction I'm in is probably the best thing I've ever done in this game.
Hi LoliFlan :D
show more