forum

osu!minecraft - redux [vanilla + factions]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Azure_Kite
Since updating to 1.5, Java can't create the virtual machine. Sadface.
PROGUY
Can you move this topic to video games like how the other old one did?
JAKACHAN

Mooooooshrooms.
GladiOol

i've tried logging in with a mineshafter account and an actual legit account, but i can't seem to get in. pls help ~(>'w'<)~ domo arigato (and yes i did link the accounts.)
whymeman
Hmm.... I was thinking of adding a danger tomb like I did in SP. It would take some time to make but keeps you from being bored.
MMzz
Oh, hello.

Marcin
I've seen like 5 big slimes in one place.
Topic Starter
Ephemeral

GladiOol wrote:

i've tried logging in with a mineshafter account and an actual legit account, but i can't seem to get in. pls help ~(>'w'<)~ domo arigato (and yes i did link the accounts.)
make sure the name of your linked account is the name of your mc account - there is 0 room for error at the server end
dkun

MMzz wrote:

Oh, hello.

this happens quite often at home, weirdly enough

that would count the.. sixth one since I started the place down in the farm
Jinxy
Slimes spawn in certain chunks after all, if it starts appearing there, it's never going to stop
MMzz
kawaii-desu

kwakkevin
nooooooooooooooo my diamonds in the old world >.>
Jinxy
Any plans to add economy + buying claims?
MillhioreF
There's been some talk about iconomy, which would do that, but dkun would have to convince eph to add it back. I think the biggest hurdle in that case would be dealing with updates - the current setup only requires waiting for bukkit test builds after an update, instead of stable builds + several plugin updates like the old server.
Jinxy
Oh, wait, not buying claims, buying power, I mean. Would it be possible? As long as it's controlled (cap or something), it shouldn't make some factions too overpowered.
PROGUY
I think that's not necessary at all. 10 Power per member is actually good enough. For factions with only one person, he alone can already take up quite a good space for a decent base with 9 used Power (48 x 48 claimed land). If there's not enough room, you could just either find new recruits or make your base taller.

I'm also against currency systems, because I like the fact that people should find a way to get their own resources in nearby lands and then perform trades in spawn, just like how it works similarly in real life (TM).
Jinxy

PROGUY wrote:

I'm also against currency systems, because I like the fact that people should find a way to get their own resources in nearby lands and then perform trades in spawn, just like how it works similarly in real life (TM).
are you playing this game in 2000BC

Joke aside, I assume you mean not being able to spawn diamonds out of mid-air by paying a sign or something, and I can agree with that. Currency between players is a lot more flexible than bartering though.

Buying things unable to get in survival for exorbitant prices like spawn eggs was great though imo. Maybe do the same with monster heads
kwakkevin

JInxyjem wrote:

Buying things unable to get in survival for exorbitant prices like spawn eggs was great though imo. Maybe do the same with monster heads
YES.
I want creeper head :V
whymeman
If the economy is ever setup, I can build some shops around or just one massive market.
Corin
How can you call it vanilla if it has a mod like factions on it :/
It's just survival then.
VoidnOwO
:)
Charles445

whymeman wrote:

If the economy is ever setup, I can build some shops around or just one massive market.
If you ever plan on adding an economy system please talk to me and I'll help you with the balance.

I crashed the market on dkun's old server because he screwed it up, hehehehe

Also there's a pretty serious raider running around breaking people's stuff, watch your backs. TouhouLvl9 got totaled when I wasn't looking
whymeman

Charles445 wrote:

whymeman wrote:

If you ever plan on adding an economy system please talk to me and I'll help you with the balance.

I crashed the market on dkun's old server because he screwed it up, hehehehe

Also there's a pretty serious raider running around breaking people's stuff, watch your backs. TouhouLvl9 got totaled when I wasn't looking
Craft Market Crash :V

As for the Griefer, we'll see. Though, I knew it wouldn't be long before one shows up.
Jinxy
How did that happen anyway? Aren't claims protected already? It'd take a lot of tnt to total a claimed area.
whymeman
I took a quick look over there to see the damage. It looks more as if the person lured creepers into the weak points of the claim(s). So it would be best to watch how you build from this point.

Charles445
It's not griefing, it's raiding. It's part of how factions works.
James2250
Faction members tell me someone is going around raiding and putting signs saying "acme rules" (our faction) because we killed the ender dragon first or something?

Jealous? ;)
whymeman
Jeez. It hasn't been 3 weeks yet :o

I better start crafting up some crazy ideas then.

Edit: FFFFFFFFFFF- is the server having issues right now? No one can get through as if the auth plugin is having issues or the connection of the server is down.
Charles445

James2250 wrote:

Faction members tell me someone is going around raiding and putting signs saying "acme rules" (our faction) because we killed the ender dragon first or something?

Jealous? ;)
That wasn't you? I thought that was someone from acme doing it
PROGUY
My base has been griefed/raided as well and there's a sign outside saying "Acme rules!". I thought the base was supposed to be protected from outsiders, but nope.

I will assume with the proof above that Acme are the ones who did it. If they aren't the ones who did it, provide evidence.
VoidnOwO
:oops:
HolyBoy

PROGUY wrote:

My base has been griefed/raided as well and there's a sign outside saying "Acme rules!". I thought the base was supposed to be protected from outsiders, but nope.

I will assume with the proof above that Acme are the ones who did it. If they aren't the ones who did it, provide evidence.

Well, like I was saying in the MC Chat, neither i nor You can prove we did or did not do it
a sign is no proof in anyway as ANYONE could have put it... not to mention none of our members are dumb enough to put a sign like if we did raid...
whymeman
Reminds me of the time someone put "whymeman was here" in Valhalla. Just after logging in, I get called a bastard (and some other rude names) Till I said "Hold on. How can I place a sign when i'm NOT in your town to be able to?"

Of course, the person felt foolish to assume something true on something that wasn't inspected thoroughly. But whoever it is is by chance the same person who caused some damage in the old world too. But, it's not like we can find each other's Factions that easily since DynaMap isn't loaded in.
Jinxy

whymeman wrote:

Reminds me of the time someone put "whymeman was here" in Valhalla. Just after logging in, I get called a bastard (and some other rude names) Till I said "Hold on. How can I place a sign when i'm NOT in your town to be able to?"

Of course, the person felt foolish to assume something true on something that wasn't inspected thoroughly. But whoever it is is by chance the same person who caused some damage in the old world too. But, it's not like we can find each other's Factions that easily since DynaMap isn't loaded in.
1. Sorry about that incident, reflex action =x
Though, for the record, you only replied "?" and then it clicked in my mind that you couldn't have done it
2. Doubt it's the same person, he hasn't played in the new server so far.
whymeman
It's just a guess. I still remember some of the guys from Dark Ages...
kwakkevin

whymeman wrote:

It's just a guess. I still remember some of the guys from Dark Ages...
Hudzell was worse. 'nuff said.
PROGUY
After thinking about it for a while (and reading some of the replies here in this topis), I'll take back what I said earlier and I apologize to Acme for accusing them.

I'm still pretty much angry that my two weeks of hardwork of gathering and organizing a lot of stuff (rip 1 stack of obsidian) is still gone though. I'm now currently suspecting Ashilax (JAKACHAN in osu!) because he's been a total ass to some of us in the server.
whymeman
Wasn't there a war thing going on from before around a week ago?

Edit: Added some sky lands to explore for fun. Will look into adding more stuff to keep it interesting. I won't tell you where it is though.

PROGUY
I heard about the war; but he's still bring an ass regardless before and after, and he marked my faction and one other faction as enemies.
Charles445

PROGUY wrote:

I heard about the war; but he's still bring an ass regardless before and after, and he marked my faction and one other faction as enemies.
IIRC he marked those factions because they were close to the end portal so he could be first to the end.
That worked out well for him didn't it :|
show more