forum

Nightcore - Lucky Star II

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ephemeral
Italics designate comments.

[Jar's Easy]
Waaay too goddamn short. Ended just before it started getting good. Extend to 1:30 like the normal or something. Why does nobody do full length easies anymore?

The thing is so short that I can find nothing wrong with it other than being short. :V

[Normal]
00:32:10 (1) - This is perfect. Use this in reference to the mod below:
00:37:43 (3) - This applies to all sliders of this construction - there are many - All you gotta do to achieve perfection is shift the mid point over to the left by one unit. Then they're perfectly curved and delicious all round - they look fine as is, but they can be just that tiny bit better.

You could have made this a full-length normal too :( Why stop so abruptly?

[Hard]
00:13:07 (5) - A silent hitsound inherited timing section would fit nicely with the song and this slider here. Or if you're really classy, a gradual volume rise array of inherited timing sections.
00:23:56 (1,2,3,4,5) - Flip this vertically for perfect pattern symmetry!
00:29:25 (10) - New combo
00:31:39 (1) - Remove new combo
00:44:37 (5) - Interesting variation on the tilde slider. The only thing wrong with it is that the end point is not at the minimum possible length for that timing point. It's perfect if you fix that.
00:47:93 (1) - Make this a star slider. You know you want to..
02:23:58 (3) - You can flatten this out to a true tilde slider and achieve the same effect, but it's purely an aesthetics thing.
02:30:88 (7) - One more note after this coupled with a kiai flash for a rather climatic ending. Do it!

You need to map drunk more often. This is easily one of your best maps yet.
jericho2442
epic map and now i must fc this beast XD

nightcore 4 everyone :D

starred
blissfulyoshi
Easy: fine, the only thing I don't really like is how the ending star is shaped because I think it looks cleaner if you made the beginning go straight then go up at an angle for the top point instead of having the end of the slider make the horizontal line towards the beginning of the slider

Normal:
SPOILER
Combo mod:
00:25:70 (1) - remove new combo?
01:11:58 (1) - remove new combo to be consistent with 00:37:43 (3)

Timing section mod:
01:23:14 - remove this last unneeded timing section for cleanliness

Hard:
SPOILER
Normal mod:
00:22:14 (1) - At this point, I got a little bored of going to every corner and doing about the same combo (the about is for the lack of symmetry between the top and bottom combos.
01:51:77 (1) - ^

Timing section mod:
02:31:23 - you looked like you wanted to do something on this last timing section, but this timing section is an exact replica of the previous one with a different offset. As a result, you might want to change this timing section or remove it.

Maybe it is just me, but I think you overused your favorite jump in this song. Going to the chorus and seeing the jumps so many times in a row felt repetitive to me. Still, other people like it, so I guess it is fine.

Nice map. Star.
bmin11
[easy]
wow, this is short (who cares?)

[Normal]
What's the last timing section for? (being ignoing)
I wish I could map Normal like this...

[Hard]
02:08:47 (1) - Why the volume gets killed with kiai time? Don't understand

I knew I won't have alot of thing to pick out. No kudos for me :(
And hey, Lucky Star has more characters now.... Am I really out of date?
Shinde
I have no issues with any difficulty, though as I said in irc, the force Lucky Star skin's kinda hard to play with. I suppose I should just rename it in my skin folder maybe? Hrmm.

Well anyways, star from me.
Alace
<Hard>
00:29:25 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,1,2,3) - keep your clap pattern also clap+whistle or clap+finish at the same point is too heavy
00:47:93 (6) - lol i guess it is unrankable
01:00:55 (1) ~01:10:16 (4) finish doesn`t fit this part

pretty fun hard diff
star
Blackiris
Awesome map. ☆ for you.
alvisto
Hmmm... No errors can be found... orz

1 thing I noticed though...

What's the use of the bump.png in the folder ?

Star !
Pasonia
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
NoHitter
Suggestions:

Overall
Suggestion - Remove the blue from the combo colors? And maybe darken the combo colors?

Jar's Easy

00:45:975 (1) - IMO, The star pattern looks not that good...

Normal

00:15:033 ~ 00:24:280 - Maybe you could lessen the volume of each of the triplets, each time it repeats. (song echoes)

Insane

00:04:718 (1,2,3,4) - Make this combo symmetrical to the previous combo? (The two should be top of 1 not to the left)
00:15:033 ~ 00:24:458 - IMO these combos don't look that organized. Try starting at 1 side and arranging them clockwise or counterclockwise. or at diagonals from each other?
02:04:027 (4) - Make the volume of the slider when it returns lower.
Metroid
Easy
Fine to me

Normal
Great

Insane
01:07:31 (5) - add a whistle tot he 1st hit of the slider.
02:30:70 (6,7,8) - make this into it's own combo as a triangle jump maybe?

starred'
PATRICIA MARTIN! XD
Larto
orz
Sleep Powder
Add "JarJarJacob" to the Tags
ShaggoN
Jar's Easy
Perfect
Normal
Perfect
Insane
Many patterns with unregular spacing, but all of them plays very naturally so, also Perfect.

Great Beatmap :D
Takuma
\stars/
Sleep Powder
:( I have failed to save this beatmap
Larto

animask wrote:

Add "JarJarJacob" to the Tags
added
Hydragoon
I just need to say,
I just love this map lol, I would like there to be a really hard Taiko mode in there somewhere :) but that's just me, i absolutely adore the whole of this map :)

Ainsley_old
Hey nice map :)

Where can I get this song though? I can't find it anywhere :(
Mafiamaster
You can find this song's folder in the osu directory and grab the mp3 file out of it~
Remco32

Already 3 comments asking what game this is and what song...
Awesome map, awesome song btw :)
ES4-ReD
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
those
This song is actually called Angel Eyes, and it's by Brisk and Ham.
Topic Starter
ztrot
OMG THANK YOU
now if it wasn't ranked ages ago I'd ask for a unrank but instead I will add it to the tags really thank you so much
woojin_old
어째서 한벉더 안한거지?
Kritikally
BPM is actually 168.725 -- wouldn't need the re-timing at 02:01:894 and 02:02:783 if it was correct.

Getting 100s on 01:46:082 through 01:54:084 due to BPM being incorrect unless I intentionally mistime my hits.
Timorisu
This is 5 years old

Are you joking